• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroob

Sup?
Wanna hear something funny though?

Hitagi way back mentioned Katalina(Granblue Fantasy).

Riot's arguably most iconic female character is named KataRina(LoL).

A one letter difference, lol.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I don't have any legitimate reason to believe it's anything but hindsight in play here.

SE is stingy as hell in the general view of the community, as well as 4chan users. There's no way any of those guys would think otherwise.

It wasn't some predictable thing, especially not from that site. It doesn't matter how long the remake was in development. The fact SE would give non-Paid DLC in Smash when they gave almost nothing in base and purely Paid DLC afterwards makes it a vastly unrealistic prediction to make. 1 in 5 million is basically how much it could happen. Which effectively is an impossible prediction anyway.

Remember, the idea it could happen is based upon hindsight here. That's a key factor to remember. We don't need to be revisionalist about it. Yes, nobody could really see it coming by that point. As the game got closer, that's a lot easier to think on, but not in January, which matters a lot more. Timing plays a clear role here.

Doesn't mean the rest is real, though. And that's also a lot easier to predict too. LoL character when Riot Games announced stuff in 2019? Plausible. That means Nintendo is getting a Switch game among LoL content, at least. Hollow Knight costume a lot of people predict.
I actually meant about how long we have known about it rather than being in development, if that matters any. Still I still think this is a lucky guess. If people did not know about it by January, at all, they probably would not say things like Trials of Mana getting in Smash Bros. Ultimate as some spirits, would they? Seriously, who could put into a leak a game that was not known about, anyway? And predicting Trials of Mana is anything but impossible. If it were, the game would not exist at all, or all of the data that even slightly hinted at its existence would never be found by anyone at all due to, well, impossible security, and it is impossible because if it were possible, nothing about the game would be leaked at all. That said, I think January is a good time to say something about it. The game was announced at E3 2019, after all, so there was plenty of time to think it wouldn't be a bad idea to include something about it and Smash in a leak one day.

But you see, calling things like this impossible is very much of a long stretch. I'd say it is very well possible.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Riot games getting a LOL rep is possible but I don’t see it happening anytime soon.

Shroob

Sup?
I'm more curious as to what the hell the music selection would be.

As someone who put years and years into League, aside from a VERY small handful of tunes, League doesn't have much in the way of iconic or recognizable music.

Hell, the theme song of Summoner's Rift, where you spend like 99% of the time playing, is just made up of ambient noises.

Notaniceperson

Smash Apprentice
I'm more curious as to what the hell the music selection would be.

As someone who put years and years into League, aside from a VERY small handful of tunes, League doesn't have much in the way of iconic or recognizable music.

Hell, the theme song of Summoner's Rift, where you spend like 99% of the time playing, is just made up of ambient noises.
Never underestimate the power of the remix

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I actually meant about how long we have known about it rather than being in development, if that matters any. Still I still think this is a lucky guess. If people did not know about it by January, at all, they probably would not say things like Trials of Mana getting in Smash Bros. Ultimate as some spirits, would they? Seriously, who could put into a leak a game that was not known about, anyway? And predicting Trials of Mana is anything but impossible. If it were, the game would not exist at all, or all of the data that even slightly hinted at its existence would never be found by anyone at all due to, well, impossible security, and it is impossible because if it were possible, nothing about the game would be leaked at all. That said, I think January is a good time to say something about it. The game was announced at E3 2019, after all, so there was plenty of time to think it wouldn't be a bad idea to include something about it and Smash in a leak one day.

But you see, calling things like this impossible is very much of a long stretch. I'd say it is very well possible.
I'm not sure I fully understand your point. But it's not a remote stretch either.

As I said, timing matters entirely. People aren't going to predict the idea that early, not 4chan, who are awful at guesses to begin with and get almost nothing right either way. They pretty much either have a leak or know nothing in practice.

I've already paid attention to their leaks. They've gotten literally only Yugioh leaks, once in a while some game stuff, and the Smash 4 leak at best. Them knowing one small thing? Yeah, that makes sense. More than likely the leak is real, mind you. But only 1/3 of it is reasonable credible.

That said, I'm not remotely convinced whatsoever there's any chance they predicted any spirits. It doesn't add up at all with the way the forum acts. So I'm just not going to continue cause I'm not going to be convinced when only hindsight can be in play here. So I'd rather just end it here. I'm only more convinced it's real at this point.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Q for the thread: what's your favorite villain song from a kid's movie?

I'd like to say "no one villain songs like Gaston", but you can't beat this 80s gem from Felix the Cat:

Shroob

Sup?
I'm not sure I fully understand your point. But it's not a remote stretch either.

As I said, timing matters entirely. People aren't going to predict the idea that early, not 4chan, who are awful at guesses to begin with and get almost nothing right either way. They pretty much either have a leak or know nothing in practice.

I've already paid attention to their leaks. They've gotten literally only Yugioh leaks, once in a while some game stuff, and the Smash 4 leak at best. Them knowing one small thing? Yeah, that makes sense. More than likely the leak is real, mind you. But only 1/3 of it is reasonable credible.

That said, I'm not remotely convinced whatsoever there's any chance they predicted any spirits. It doesn't add up at all with the way the forum acts. So I'm just not going to continue cause I'm not going to be convinced when only hindsight can be in play here. So I'd rather just end it here. I'm only more convinced it's real at this point.
I dunno mate.

Didn't 4chan spawn the "Richter" leak for infamy for says Garditelle was in?

I'm definitely giving League a fair shot here, but being convinced it's real because 4chan got something right for once is kinda narrow minded.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I dunno mate.

Didn't 4chan spawn the "Richter" leak for infamy for says Garditelle was in?

I'm definitely giving League a fair shot here, but being convinced it's real because 4chan got something right for once is kinda narrow minded.
I mean, they've gotten a lot right over the years. And mostly were just leaks.

Richter in that case was most likely a single set of leaked information to begin with while full of trash information they made up, though. 4chan are the most black and white place for leaks you can get. If not the only place like that.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

Feel free to not reply, but my point is that you can't predict something without knowing anything about it, like the game itself, even exists, because if you can't, it would be impossible. This was all done before hindsight, and as bad as 4Chan is, they haven't gotten everything wrong. There was one leak from 4Chan that revealed what would be revealed in the 2018 E3 Direct in Smash Bros. Ultimate. Of course, no one believed it until the Direct, but my point is, don't count out 4Chan just because the majority of things they had said were wrong. Plus, it matters if the game was in development for some time, or announced a while back. As I said in response to what you said in the other topic. Almost everything human based is not impossible, including keeping information or making guesses based on existing information. This is NOT hindsight. If it were, nothing would be sufficient enough knowledge wise to predict that before it was revealed like the Trials of Mana part of the leak because hindsight is understanding after what has happened, not before. How is it just hindsight just because they revealed Trials of Mana spirits in Smash just now? Anyone could have predicted that before it was revealed, guess or not.

Shroob

Sup?

Richter in that case was most likely a single set of leaked information to begin with while full of trash information they made up, though. 4chan are the most black and white place for leaks you can get. If not the only place like that.
.....Yeah, no, I'm really not willing to give credit to the "I stole a display Switch and datamined it, only for the game to self destruct its data, but here's what I got out of it, Richter's in btw."

Sometimes, people legit just get something right. I messaged my friend on Twitter like, back in October randomly one night "Byleth" and he thought I leaked **** to him now. I was just lucky.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Nobody else believes this whole leak thing was hindsight, right? I mean, there are plenty of reasons why this could all be done BEFORE the actual reveal. Hindsight means after. I am sure there are plenty of reasons why this could be a lucky guess and not impossible and not just hindsight. I believe if this were hindsight, no logic could be applied to the situation before the revealed, and for reasons I stated, it would have truly been impossible. There are many reasons why it could have been possible, right?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
...Why am I responding? I said I'm done. Oy.

Anyway, I got a bit more done in Quest 64 Hard Mode. Fargo went down hyper easily. Guilty took almost 4 times as long in comparison due to massive difference in defenses. I think I literally did almost 2/5 the damage, and I missed a lottttt too. Beigis and Mammon will be easier, though.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
...Byleth was believable due to the lack of spirits and cause people thought a Corrin thing could happen. A lot predicted Byleth too, so it's not the same case here.

Richter, however? Eh, nobody was calling for the guy. As I said, that was way more likely real than fake. Doesn't mean it was, but that one's fairly hard to predict. More than likely than that, they made up a bull**** story of how they got the leaked information.
It was only hard to predict because practically no one was thinking about him, not because anything hinting at him was non existent or kept hidden from the public.

Shroob

Sup?
...Byleth was believable due to the lack of spirits and cause people thought a Corrin thing could happen. A lot predicted Byleth too, so it's not the same case here.

Richter, however? Eh, nobody was calling for the guy. As I said, that was way more likely real than fake. Doesn't mean it was, but that one's fairly hard to predict. More than likely than that, they made up a bull**** story of how they got the leaked information.
Again, I disagree here.

Ultimate's roster was known internally since at the very least late June/early July of 2018, me being someone who knew everything, barring Plant due to some connections I had around that time.

While I absolutely could believe that someone had that information and just decided to leak Richter out of it..... to then also pile on "Gardevoir, Gothitelle as an echo, Mario2" on top of that?

Or the Neogaf leak which, while getting a lot of **** right also added things like "Robin has an echo fighter in Sorin, Galacta Knight is an Echo(Despite having a skin already shown off), Price of Sable is playable).

Like I said, I'm definitely giving League a more than fair shot here, but this is a little too trusting. Even when Leaks get **** right, please, please remember to be responsible. Just because it got something right does not mean it's actually legit information. People can and do get lucky guesses right.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794

You act like 4chan is some sort of hivemind where everyone thinks exactly the same way. I don't like 4chan either but there's always someone who's willing to go against the crowd, especially on a website with that many people.

Besides, some "leaks" are just wishlists. Maybe the person who made it just liked Trials of Mana and wanted to see it get a little nod, or thought a character would be too unbelievable.

Flukes and coincidences are inevitabilities. If this rumor predicted several things, I'd be more convinced, but right now they've got just one (admittedly unusual) prediction right.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
You act like 4chan is some sort of hivemind where everyone thinks exactly the same way. I don't like 4chan either but there's always someone who's willing to go against the crowd, especially on a website with that many people.

Besides, some "leaks" are just wishlists. Maybe the person who made it just liked Trials of Mana and wanted to see it get a little nod, or thought a character would be too unbelievable.

Flukes and coincidences are inevitabilities. If this rumor predicted several things, I'd be more convinced, but right now they've got just one (admittedly unusual) predictions right.
I've been done with this for over 30 minutes now. Understandably you didn't know that, but I've moved on entirely.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
So, about League of Legends, isn't that a Massive Multiplayer Online RPG from the west? West aside, since when any MMORPG character or content get into Smash in any way?

Shroob

Sup?
So, about League of Legends, isn't that a Massive Multiplayer Online RPG from the west? West aside, since when any MMORPG character or content get into Smash in any way?
It's not really an MMO.

And to be frank, none, but I don't see why that matters. It's.... probably the game with the largest playerbase in the world, and the face of competitive gaming. When someone thinks E-Sports, there's really no other game to mention first than LoL.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
It's not really an MMO.

And to be frank, none, but I don't see why that matters. It's.... probably the game with the largest playerbase in the world, and the face of competitive gaming. When someone thinks E-Sports, there's really no other game to mention first than LoL.
Odd, I could have sworn the data on the game I read on Google said it was such a game.

Shroob

Sup?
Odd, I could have sworn the data on the game I read on Google said it was such a game.
It's a MOBA.

An MMO is something like World of Warcraft, a game where there's a massive world to explore, take quests, etc.

A MOBA is 3 lanes, you kill minions and the enemy players for EXP, and the objective to destroy the enemy's base.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
It's a MOBA.

An MMO is something like World of Warcraft, a game where there's a massive world to explore, take quests, etc.

A MOBA is 3 lanes, you kill minions and the enemy players for EXP, and the objective to destroy the enemy's base.
My bad. So sue me. The MMORPG game is what I just happened to read on Google.

Shroob

Sup?
My bad. So sue me. The MMORPG game is what I just happened to read on Google.
It's no big deal, really.

A LoL character would absolutely be a first for Smash, having a MOBA character in. Though, like I said before, it honestly wouldn't surprise me. League is universally a massive game. It's arguably one of the most recognized games in the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom