• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
After a lot of searching for a seller, I got Audie on my Animal Crossing island!

I am so happy :D

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
They named a new species of snake in India "Slytherin" from Harry Potter

Oh, excuse me. "Halipota" :yoshi:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
So, I was gonna do that six fanarts thing, but my art is **** and I'm just not happy with how it's turning out, so... I thought of doing something along the same line, except some people give me characters to do original voices for. (Meaning the character hasn't had a canon voice before.) If you have any suggestions, hit me up.
Bean the Dynamite from Sonic the Fighters.

Or Ray the Flying Squirrel, take your pick.

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
So, I was gonna do that six fanarts thing, but my art is **** and I'm just not happy with how it's turning out, so... I thought of doing something along the same line, except some people give me characters to do original voices for. (Meaning the character hasn't had a canon voice before.) If you have any suggestions, hit me up.
Maxwell from Scribblenauts.

D

Deleted member

Strange how there's a lot of female VAs who regularly play male characters but not the other way around (well, at least authentically *coughBrendacough*)

Closest I can think of is Edna from Incredibles :yoshi:
That really just boils down to the type of voice you have. Females typically have a tone that can allow them to do young boys, but typically in a cartoon setting. If you were to put their footage over real life, you’d find it harder to buy, but because females typically voice young boys in animation/games exclusively, you‘re mind sees that character as more of an exaggeratio, so the voice and tone does not seem out of places. That, and puberty will make men much deeper than women, so sometimes, it is literally a better option to get a female voice actor for young males.

Males just typically don’t have the tone that females have. Keyword being the tone, not the pitch. Make your voice as high as you can convincingly, and you’ll notice that more likely than not, you still sound male. It’s because you don’t have that tone.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Strange how there's a lot of female VAs who regularly play male characters but not the other way around (well, at least authentically *coughBrendacough*)

The muppets and Bob's Burgers say "hi".

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
That really just boils down to the type of voice you have. Females typically have a tone that can allow them to do young boys, but typically in a cartoon setting. If you were to put their footage over real life, you’d find it harder to buy, but because females typically voice young boys in animation/games exclusively, you‘re mind sees that character as more of an exaggeratio, so the voice and tone does not seem out of places. That, and puberty will make men much deeper than women, so sometimes, it is literally a better option to get a female voice actor for young males.

Males just typically don’t have the tone that females have. Keyword being the tone, not the pitch. Make your voice as high as you can convincingly, and you’ll notice that more likely than not, you still sound male. It’s because you don’t have that tone.
As a transwoman, I can confirm that this is very true.

D

Deleted member

Also, if ya don’t mind me sharing, a fangame I voice in is getting DLC/a sequel. (Not entirely sure which.) Exciting stiff! (I also will be reprising my role for this, which is always fun!)
E6549D44-1FDC-46F9-A9AA-310CFD54612D.jpeg

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280

Both of the Inkings are voiced by the same person, who's a guy.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I got some stuff done today. Cut my hair, swept the kitchen, washed and dried towels and my bedding, AND I popped off in Overwatch as Baptiste.

Overall, a very good finish to the end of the day. Tomorrow, I have to go to work, so hopefully that goes well, too.

Besides my life stuff that none of you care about, hows everyone doing here?

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
League of Legends is the type of game I would never play in a thousand years.

As a number 3 or number 4 of the DLC wouldn't be bad.
Just doesn't look appealing. I can see the method behind the madness from Nintendo's point of view though.

Then again very few games have truly impressed me in the past few years.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Last edited:

Notaniceperson

Smash Apprentice
I mean these are the morons who protest sheep getting sheared with Wooloo.

PETA is not a charity to take seriously.
I wonder if they know that no one takes them seriously or they think that they do anything outside of being comic relief in fact they probably turned away more potential vegans than they've brung in because how stupid and petty there are

Notaniceperson

Smash Apprentice
I think a mobile game rep would be fun. Idk what game tho Angry birds Candy crush and Clash of clans are the biggest mobile games around it would probably have to come from Coc Wizard or P.e.a.k.a because those are the mascots of the game Doodle jump guy Slither.io or Subway surfer guy would be in the mix too

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
the person Pit voices...only acceptable choice

so were these
:ultbayonetta::ultcorrinf::ultgreninja::ultgnw::ultpiranha::ultpokemontrainerf::ultrob::ultchrom::ultchrom::ultchrom::ultrichter::ult_terry::ultwiifittrainer:
I mean yea they're random, but with the exception of Richter and Terry they're all Nintendo characters so they were always technically "on the table." Richter made sense since he's the most recognizable Castlevania character in Japan I believe (plus an easy echo), and Terry was from a franchise that helped influence Sakurai and fighting games as a whole.

It just seems way too out there for the dev team to consider adding a PC MMO character to Smash imo, even more so than the Katalina rumor from way back when. I'm just struggling to see the justification behind that decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom