• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
the person Pit voices...only acceptable choice

so were these
:ultbayonetta::ultcorrinf::ultgreninja::ultgnw::ultpiranha::ultpokemontrainerf::ultrob::ultchrom::ultchrom::ultchrom::ultrichter::ult_terry::ultwiifittrainer:
Nintendo publishes the Bayonetta series now.
Corrin was obvious marketting.
Greninja's the most popular Pokemon ever.
Mr. Game & Watch... actually doesn't have an excuse. I'll give you that one.
Piranha Plant... well, everyone knows them, that's for sure.
Pokemon Trainer represents a core facet of the series.
R.O.B. was getting shoved as a cameo into plenty of places and he did save the gaming industry.
Chrom's the protagonist of the game that saved Fire Emblem
Richter's the most popular Belmont and appears in the most popular game in the series.
Smash wouldn't exist without King of Fighters, and Terry's one of the crossover kings.
Have you even seen Wii Fit sales numbers?

On a completely different topic, Mega Man's victory theme in Smash should either be the robot master intro theme or the level complete jingle and not the main theme from MM2. Basically every other character has a fanfare related to finishing an objective except him...

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
On a completely different topic, Mega Man's victory theme in Smash should either be the robot master intro theme or the level complete jingle and not the main theme from MM2. Basically every other character has a fanfare related to finishing an objective except him...
Speaking of that, I wish Sonic’s victory theme was changed to the Generations version, I feel like that fits him better.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Speaking of that, I wish Sonic’s victory theme was changed to the Generations version, I feel like that fits him better.
Agreed, but at least his is a level clear theme xD

I do realize that K. Rool doesn't, Hero doesn't, and none of the Fire Emblem cast have it, but they kind of have an excuse (except K. Rool). I don't really think there's a victory fanfare in Fire Emblem, and the one in Dragon Quest is, uh...

It's a beep. That's it.

Notaniceperson

Smash Apprentice
Knight of the winds Melody would also fit Sonic now even tho its not notable. It would also be cool if every character got there own victory theme idt it would really be a ton of work to do. And that they didn't always use level clear themes ect as victory themes.

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
Peta knows that you can't progress at all in the game without giving nook 5 fish or bug right? And that someone in there company did getting the footage lol. https://www.peta.org/features/animal-crossing-new-horizons-vegan/
"Sure, unlike in real life, the fish in the game don’t feel pain, but fishing is harmful to animals and the planet. This is your island, and it’s your job to protect it. Tearing the wildlife right out of their ocean homes so that you can “donate” them to Blathers for museum exhibits is not only cruel but also bad for the environment. "
It's a ****ing videogame ffs. There are real environmental issues; this is not one!

Want to hear something else stupid? Listen to this fortune I got from a cookie: "A modest man never talks to himself". Who writes this ****? I feel cheated.

Notaniceperson

Smash Apprentice
"Sure, unlike in real life, the fish in the game don’t feel pain, but fishing is harmful to animals and the planet. This is your island, and it’s your job to protect it. Tearing the wildlife right out of their ocean homes so that you can “donate” them to Blathers for museum exhibits is not only cruel but also bad for the environment. "
It's a ****ing videogame ffs. There are real environmental issues; this is not one!

Want to hear something else stupid? Listen to this fortune I got from a cookie: "A modest man never talks to himself". Who writes this ****? I feel cheated.
Im eating my chicken irl with some spite now after reading it

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Knight of the winds Melody would also fit Sonic now even tho its not notable. It would also be cool if every character got there own victory theme idt it would really be a ton of work to do. And that they didn't always use level clear themes ect as victory themes.
In that instance I could see some characters sharing one theme like the Awakening cast, or the Gen 1 Pokémon. That would be cool to see overall, this especially would be perfect for DK:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I mean yea they're random, but with the exception of Richter and Terry they're all Nintendo characters so they were always technically "on the table." Richter made sense since he's the most recognizable Castlevania character in Japan I believe (plus an easy echo), and Terry was from a franchise that helped influence Sakurai and fighting games as a whole.

It just seems way too out there for the dev team to consider adding a PC MMO character to Smash imo, even more so than the Katalina rumor from way back when. I'm just struggling to see the justification behind that decision.
there may be a chance LoL does something for the Switch, kinda like what others have done so far (still wish P5R was on the Switch...and that FF7 wasn't so seizure like)
Ah yes, Bayonetta. My favorite Nintendo character.
The only mature character Nintendo is a parent to atm...probably
Nintendo publishes the Bayonetta series now.
Corrin was obvious marketting.
Greninja's the most popular Pokemon ever.
Mr. Game & Watch... actually doesn't have an excuse. I'll give you that one.
Piranha Plant... well, everyone knows them, that's for sure.
Pokemon Trainer represents a core facet of the series.
R.O.B. was getting shoved as a cameo into plenty of places and he did save the gaming industry.
Chrom's the protagonist of the game that saved Fire Emblem
Richter's the most popular Belmont and appears in the most popular game in the series.
Smash wouldn't exist without King of Fighters, and Terry's one of the crossover kings.
Have you even seen Wii Fit sales numbers
  • Bayonetta is their stepchild
  • Don't think people expected more Fire Emblem for Sm4sh
  • I'm not even gonna discuss Greninja cause I don't Pokémon...tho I don't remember his reveal being expected (mainly Mewtwo assumptions for some reason)
  • I specifically focused on Leaf...cause not an expected debut
  • R.O.B. is still a surprise compared to most
  • Chrom was unexpected due to Robin and Lucina, also people thinking there would be a more recent FE character to join...that and Chrom is nearly literally everywhere (fighter, FS character, spirit, victory poser, an AT + boss + announcer + stage were all he needed to do to be fully everywhere
  • Saw way more "who's" for Richter...including me
  • Terry didn't feel expected, but he brought that Psycho Solider song so it was a great idea
  • and WFT...no way anybody were expecting her, despite sales...also she proved that Mario is fatter than almost everyone in Smash (he bounced when she attacked him, Link, and Kirby). Sad Plumber Hours

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
So, anyone else interested in the possibilities of a LoL character? I still trust verge.
Hard to say - I played League of Legends online once, was constantly insulted by my team for not knowing what to do, and the whole experience soured me on playing online games in general (especially MOBAs). After that, I played a few matches against bots, and I barely scratched the surface of the game's cast, so I have no idea who the most prominent character is or who would really work.

I guess it's hard for me to be interested when I know so little about the game and I'm skeptical to begin with - anyone can claim that there will be a spirit event for an upcoming game and follow it up with a character. I could say that we'll get a spirit event for Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition, and that a character from Valve will be playable, but if we happen to get a Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition spirit event, it doesn't make my claim of there being a Valve character legitimate.

Verge didn't say anything either way, unless things have changed in the past few hours - last I saw, he said that he'd look into it.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
can we have Makoto Niijima join Smash? Best girl should be everywhere

Notaniceperson

Smash Apprentice
I honestly want Springman to be the arms rep just so assist trophies can be back in the mix for a promotion.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I doubt the rumor since the whole premise sounds off to me, but playing into the idea I would be happy with a LoL character. I used to play it a lot with friends and while I don't play it anymore (my computer hates running it) I still have a lot of fond memories with it. So getting a character and a stage with it would be fun, even if it's not a personal favorite that they choose.

As for which one, my bet would be on someone like Lux or Ahri, but I personally would prefer Fiddlesticks or Azir (or Teemo for the jokes).

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
https://i.4cdn.org/v/1587527649063.jpg

This thing. Images are broken freaking again, so...

Basically impossible to guess spirits, a costume with a song, and a character from Riot Games(who did announce games this year, so it has a fair chance to be real).
Those spirits weren't "impossible" to guess.

They weren't a popular guess, but you know what they say about a thousand monkeys and a thousand type writers. This could still go either way.

Personally I'm still very skeptical.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Those spirits weren't "impossible" to guess.

They weren't a popular guess, but you know what they say about a thousand monkeys and a thousand type writers. This could still go either way.

Personally I'm still very skeptical.
No, not really. They're impossible to guess. SE is too damn stingy for the popular consensus. There's no one who would predict something like that because they aren't known for anything but paid DLC. This is a massive surprise to people for good reasons.

I don't believe in that thousand monkey bull either. That's just hindsight at play to me. But that's the only actual part of the leak here that would indefinitely be real without a doubt. The rest could go either way, and are possible to predict.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
About the Trials of Mana thing, given it is going to be released this week, and it is a more recent game, although a remake of an existing game, I'd say anyone could have guessed Trials of Mana having spirits in Ultimate easily.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
About the Trials of Mana thing, given it is going to be released this week, and it is a more recent game, although a remake of an existing game, I'd say anyone could have guessed Trials of Mana having spirits in Ultimate easily.
But not in January either.

That's way too off from then. That's quite a long time ago. If it was a recent leak, that'd be one thing. But this happened way too long ago and just another one dismissed anyway.

He guessed the Mana spirit event thats all of this dudes credibility.
Which is the reason why people are going back to the leak. I think it's likely the rest are made-up, though. Probably by the guy who was leaked the information in the first place. Put it up then, get some easy credit for the only thing they actually knew. Very simplistic way to do so.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
But not in January either.

That's way too off from then. That's quite a long time ago. If it was a recent leak, that'd be one thing. But this happened way too long ago and just another one dismissed anyway.

Which is the reason why people are going back to the leak. I think it's likely the rest are made-up, though. Probably by the guy who was leaked the information in the first place. Put it up then, get some easy credit for the only thing they actually knew. Very simplistic way to do so.
Still, how long has the remake been in development? If anything, it still could have been easy to guess that, if it was still in development at the time and if the release date was known around then.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Is there any proof that thread actually existed?

I also think that Hollow Knight would come with a different song.

As for the Trials of Mana spirits? They're not a big surprise to me.

Square's content being "limited" is overexaggerated. It's really not Square being stingy. I've heard before that the reason that Final Fantasy has so few music tracks and no spirits outside of Cloud is due to licensing on the music and artwork for FF7 belonging to Uematsu and Normura, and both of them don't just give away those for free. Considering they're huge names in the industry, that doesn't surprise me. Note that Dragon Quest got a signifigantly higher amount of content than Final Fantasy did.

Sugiyama's trash, have to mention that

Shroob

Sup?
I'll put my 2 cents into this.

I put way too many hours into League in my 20's.

I like the game, it's definitely MASSIVE, and if you ask me, it's 100% iconic enough to get into Smash, it's basically THE face of E-sports.

But I'm highly skeptical.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Still, how long has the remake been in development? If anything, it still could have been easy to guess that, if it was still in development at the time and if the release date was known around then.
I don't have any legitimate reason to believe it's anything but hindsight in play here.

SE is stingy as hell in the general view of the community, as well as 4chan users. There's no way any of those guys would think otherwise.

It wasn't some predictable thing, especially not from that site. It doesn't matter how long the remake was in development. The fact SE would give non-Paid DLC in Smash when they gave almost nothing in base and purely Paid DLC afterwards makes it a vastly unrealistic prediction to make. 1 in 5 million is basically how much it could happen. Which effectively is an impossible prediction anyway.

Remember, the idea it could happen is based upon hindsight here. That's a key factor to remember. We don't need to be revisionalist about it. Yes, nobody could really see it coming by that point. As the game got closer, that's a lot easier to think on, but not in January, which matters a lot more. Timing plays a clear role here.

Doesn't mean the rest is real, though. And that's also a lot easier to predict too. LoL character when Riot Games announced stuff in 2019? Plausible. That means Nintendo is getting a Switch game among LoL content, at least. Hollow Knight costume a lot of people predict.

Notaniceperson

Smash Apprentice
I'll put my 2 cents into this.

I put way too many hours into League in my 20's.

I like the game, it's definitely MASSIVE, and if you ask me, it's 100% iconic enough to get into Smash, it's basically THE face of E-sports.

But I'm highly skeptical.
A lot of things are big enough to be in Smash Minecraft Fortnite Roblox Call of duty World of Warcraft to name a few yet here we are with Persona King of fighters and more fire emblem so idt popularity isn't a huge deal.

Shroob

Sup?
League would be cool.

RIOT is finally starting to branch out into a whole bunch of **** and has their hands in a lot of pots right now what with multiple games in development, comic series, a TV show, music, etc.

But.... Smash? I dunno.

I'd be 100% down for it, because, League IS E-Sports, it's the unfallable King of E-Sports, bar none, but I just don't see them approaching Nintendo for a character.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
League would be cool.

RIOT is finally starting to branch out into a whole bunch of **** and has their hands in a lot of pots right now what with multiple games in development, comic series, a TV show, music, etc.

But.... Smash? I dunno.

I'd be 100% down for it, because, League IS E-Sports, it's the unfallable King of E-Sports, bar none, but I just don't see them approaching Nintendo for a character.
They wouldn't be. Nintendo is fully choosing the characters.

Unless we're talking about a bonus character(which is highly unlikely in general). It's a matter of whether Nintendo would want a character, and unless LoL is coming to Switch in some form, there's no real investment for it. It's not an iconic-related issue. LoL is more than a big enough series to get a character. What character is a different issue.

With a bunch of games announced, but not all fully known, it's possible enough. But... it could go either way regardless.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
It is not impossible that they made a guess about the Trial of Mana Spirits. Spirits have been used for promotion, we've seen it multiple times before such as with Pokémon SwSh and the Resident Evil ports, and we know SE sees the marketing value in Smash as Hero had the upcoming DQ11 title noted many times over their promotion. Put those two together and it's perfectly plausible to believe that someone came to the conclusion that SE would use the opportunity to have free advertising for their upcoming remake in the biggest crossover game of the generation, particularly since this Spirit battle is so close to its release.

Does that mean it's a guess? No, this rumor could very well be true, but at the same time trying to dismiss the possibility that someone took a swing and got a hit is not a good way to approach speculation over the matter. It's always a good idea to keep skepticism and look at the situation from different angles.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom