• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
Yo, Borderlands 1, 2, and the Pre-Sequel with all their DLC on Switch? That's a pretty great deal right there. Fitting since the new Borderlands 3 DLC comes out today as well...

tenor-17.gif

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Maybe I'll give ARMS another spin since the free trial might liven up the online community a bit.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Which music tracks do you think will be remixed?
Probably the Grand Prix, the stage theme for whoever the rep is( more multiple stage themes if multiple characters via custom.)

then maybe hedlock or coyle’s theme.
No. No, no, no.

Let's not suggest this idea please, I've seen how the Geno Thread acted with this.
Your first mistake was going to the Geno thread

D

Deleted member

Without going there, but how bad is it? GameFAQs level bad?
Imagine if this whole thread overhyped a single individual to extreme and radical points, were locked into certain expectations, got extremely essily depressed and fought against the entire moderation staff over stuff which could be solved through easier methods or worked out outside the site.

That's the Geno thread.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Without going there, but how bad is it? GameFAQs level bad?
Very, they get extremely triggered over certain characters getting in. It’s been locked several times due to fights, and it just gets out of hand very fast

D

Deleted member

xD The name in spanish of "The Thing", despite it being correct, it makes me gliggly! And the elastic spaghetti crossing of arms...what a show off! xD
One slightly dissapointing thing is that Dr.Doom wasn't translated to Dr.Muerte in spanish.

But yeah! They made them so full of personality in this game and I really love that!

osby

Smash Obsessed
Imagine if this whole thread overhyped a single individual to extreme and radical points, were locked into certain expectations, got extremely essily depressed and fought against the entire moderation staff over stuff which could be solved through easier methods or worked out outside the site.

That's the Geno thread.
It's true and you should say it.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......

That's the Geno thread.
Wow! I didn't know GameFAQs had an off-license here!

D

Deleted member

This part at the Shadowland level was so beautiful I couldn't resist taking a screenshot of It.

20200326_173234.jpg

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Decided to watch the first episode of season one of the Agents of SHIELD on Disney+ and I really enjoyed it. At the same time, I'm absolutely hooked onto the series as of now.

Anyways after seeing the news that an ARMS character will be the first challenger of the second pass, whilst I do not have a clue who it will be, however I hope it will be between Twintelle or Min Min or perhaps Springman (that is if he gets promoted from Assist Trophy status.)

D

Deleted member

Decided to watch the first episode of season one of the Agents of SHIELD on Disney+ and I really enjoyed it. At the same time, I'm absolutely hooked onto the series as of now.

Anyways after seeing the news that an ARMS character will be the first challenger of the second pass, whilst I do not have a clue who it will be, however I hope it will be between Twintelle or Min Min or perhaps Springman (that is if he gets promoted from Assist Trophy status.)
Yo! Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. is really good!

I liked the whole subplot with Robbie Reyes and Coulson is quite a cool character!

Tako Tuesday

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0245-5753-9220
Posted this in Newcomer speculation but I'll post it here as well.

OK, speculation time! So, we know Spring Man is the main character in ARMS, and Ribbon Girl is the secondary main character. We know Sakurai usually adds the protagonist of a series first before anyone else from said series. But here's the thing, though. Spring Man is already an Assist, and both he and Ribbon Girl are spirits. Spirits and Assists are known to be "deconfirmations" of a given character, so here's what I think. The character will not only break the rules and ignore the Assist and Spirit "rule", but we'll also get more than one character.

That's right, Fighter's Pass 6 will be multiple characters in one. Spring Man as the default skin, Ribbon Girl as skin 2, Ninjara as skin 3, and Min Min as skin 4. The remaining 4 will be skins of those 4 based on other characters from ARMS, much like Hero's skins. This way, you have the 4 most notable characters from ARMS, a perfect balance of 2 girls and 2 boys, and the 4 of these characters all have almost identical proportions, much like the Heroes, meaning they could easily be the same character. All 4 of them can share moves that may have been exclusive to on of them before, for example all of them could use Min Min's mid-air kicks.

I feel this is the best way to represent ARMS, as it's not just about one character, but the whole cast of interesting and unique characters. To my knowledge, most characters share the same gameplay style but with slight, character-exclusive abilities so it would feel natural enough to include 4 characters in one.

D

Deleted member

Posted this in Newcomer speculation but I'll post it here as well.

OK, speculation time! So, we know Spring Man is the main character in ARMS, and Ribbon Girl is the secondary main character. We know Sakurai usually adds the protagonist of a series first before anyone else from said series. But here's the thing, though. Spring Man is already an Assist, and both he and Ribbon Girl are spirits. Spirits and Assists are known to be "deconfirmations" of a given character, so here's what I think. The character will not only break the rules and ignore the Assist and Spirit "rule", but we'll also get more than one character.

That's right, Fighter's Pass 6 will be multiple characters in one. Spring Man as the default skin, Ribbon Girl as skin 2, Ninjara as skin 3, and Min Min as skin 4. The remaining 4 will be skins of those 4 based on other characters from ARMS, much like Hero's skins. This way, you have the 4 most notable characters from ARMS, a perfect balance of 2 girls and 2 boys, and the 4 of these characters all have almost identical proportions, much like the Heroes, meaning they could easily be the same character. All 4 of them can share moves that may have been exclusive to on of them before, for example all of them could use Min Min's mid-air kicks.

I feel this is the best way to represent ARMS, as it's not just about one character, but the whole cast of interesting and unique characters. To my knowledge, most characters share the same gameplay style but with slight, character-exclusive abilities so it would feel natural enough to include 4 characters in one.
Honestly, I could see that happening too.

What better way to represent a fighting game centered about one main gimmick than by allowing you to play as the four most popular characters through alts with all having a moveset which just works really well for all of them?

Arms getting the Hero treatment would be quite a big attractive, and alongside the moveset and stages would help the character stand out even more while pleasing many Arms fans who want different picks.

D

Deleted member

Haha, thanks! Credit for the actual music goes to a chap named Subject Illuminant.

Needless to say, though, I’m gonna have a blast animating this. lol
Gonna subscribe to Subject Illuminant if they have a YouTube Channel.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Small Brain - Springman or Ribbon Girl gets in.
Normal Brain - Min Min gets in.
Big Brain - 8 Bowser Jr style alts get in.
Galaxy Brain - Flubber time.

D

Deleted member

AndreaAC AndreaAC on the topic of The Thing, I seriously love these memes I see online XD

11987137_1216577365024889_4707617587330440508_n.png

For the people who speak English, It is a word-play with a spanish expression we use when something doesn't make sense.

Tako Tuesday

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0245-5753-9220
Ok, a few more ideas. I feel like if Spring Man wasn't playable, but they add a character who's not a spirit or assist, like Misango for example, wouldn't that just seem... wrong? I mean nothing against the guy, he's cool and all but he isn't nearly as important to the game as Spring Man, who is the mascot of the game alongside Ribbon Girl. And if they do add Spring Man, his assist can get replaced by Springtron, who is similar to Spring Man as he's a robotic version of him.

Another idea is this: ARMS has 5 spirits, all of which are the most important and recognizable characters, being Spring Man, Ribbon Girl, Min Min, Twintelle and Ninjara. If we use my Hero idea by having 4 of those characters all being playable in one character slot, they would all need Fighter Spirits. Here's what can be done: Replace the four Spirits of those who become playable with new Spirits of different characters from the game, with the same attributes as the Spirit they replace. For example, a Springtron Spirit to replace the Spring Man one.

And that covers most of my speculation for the upcoming character. I really hope they do end up doing something like a Hero situation or echoes. Basically, I just want to play as Min Min. Please Sakurai and the Smash team, I need Min Min in Smash!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom