• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

An ARMS rep is cool. Didn’t expect that, it means more first parties and it gives people who want characters from series that have assists/spirits hope.

But..we still know basically nothing about their first party output for the year :/
I am quite excited for the Arms rep. You may already know I like silly and characters of these kinds as a Fantastic Four fan (lol, an Arms rep may be the closest we will get to Mr. Fantastic unless 4th parties happen).

Xenoblade HD also looks really hype! Seems like It will be one of the best games of the year alongside Bravely 2.

The Pokémon Shield DLC also looks cool.

I was hoping to see some Metroid stuff, but It is fine.

And the Fantastic Four DLC for UA3 is just... sublime!

I did wish we got to see more of their 1st party lineup, but probably in June.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I mean, hey. I’m sure there were peeps adamant that an ARMS character would never ever happen, cuz of the assist trophy. And yeah, people will still go “okay ARMS got in but there’s NO WAY [example] will!” But it just goes to show that we don’t know ****. Don’t let other fans tell you what can and can’t happen, cuz they don’t know anything. Unless the developers shut it down themselves, don’t stop believing!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I mean, hey. I’m sure there were peeps adamant that an ARMS character would never ever happen, cuz of the assist trophy. And yeah, people will still go “okay ARMS got in but there’s NO WAY [example] will!” But it just goes to show that we don’t know ****. Don’t let other fans tell you what can and can’t happen, cuz they don’t know anything. Unless the developers shut it down themselves, don’t stop believing!
You know It really well Bro!

Many people did tell me in the past the Hero from DQ8 would never get in Smash before Erdrick even when I brought up good points.

And in the end I was right!

Never let people force you to give up your hopes on anything, because sooner or later they can easily happen!

D

Deleted member

So June will have two Smash reveals. One for the undiscovered ARMS character, and fighter #7.
I honestly believe so too.

It does make some sense, and I feel both will get shown in the replacement for E3 Nintendo brought up some weeks ago.

D

Deleted member

Nah it makes total sense. That way they can have one reveal, but it’ll still feel like two.
Yeah, that's what I said.

That It makes sense.

Because if they want to equal the impact of an E3 presentation that would work in their favour.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Me at 1:15 : Man I can't leave the house and I'm bored to hell.

Goes to sleep.

Wakes up

NINTENDO DIRECT!

Me:
NANI!.png

It was OK.

+Burnout Paradise Remastered! My sweet baby. Double dip time.
+Xenoblade 1 Remake looks well. Animations a little off but that's fine.
+Bravely Default II Demo!
+Trails of Cold Steel III Demo!
+Bioshock on Switch.

Also Arms character for Smash is something I didn't expect. Bit of a shock and expected someone pretty big but it's cool. Can see why.

-Pokemon Sword and Shield as the finisher was a bummer.

So to my friends reactions, what did you guys think?

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Btw the Isle of Armor looks MUCH better than the Wild Area. Especially considering there's actually stuff to do in it.

Crazy on what extra development time can do.
Yeah, I agree. It’s not a massive improvement, but the environment looks a lil better and the characters seem to have better animations. If only slightly.

D

Deleted member

Goes to sleep.

Wakes up

NINTENDO DIRECT!

Me:
View attachment 267106

It was OK.

+Burnout Paradise Remastered!
+Bioshock on Switch.

Also Arms character for Smash is something I didn't expect. Bit of a shock and expected someone pretty big but it's cool. Can see why.

The Fantastic Four DLC was awesome Bro!

Noipoi

Howdy!

Goes to sleep.

Wakes up

NINTENDO DIRECT!

Me:
View attachment 267106

It was OK.

+Burnout Paradise Remastered! My sweet baby. Double dip time.
+Bioshock on Switch.

I thought it severely lacked first party Nintendo reveals. June is gonna be STACKED with game reveals, all for the second half of the year.

ARMS getting in is cool, breaks some dumb fan rules and gives me hope for my most wanted character.

Isle of Armor looks really rad.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
Meh, nothing really interested me in that direct honestly. It's whatever though lol.
But that new character? I NEVER would have guessed that one lol.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Xenoblade and BD2 look SOOOOOOO good!

ARMS being the first DLC for Vol. 2 gives me some hope for Rex.

Noipoi

Howdy!
At least we definitely know when the next direct is, even if it’s not for a little while. And at least we definitely know that it should be stacked with new first party game reveals, ARMS character gameplay and a new reveal too.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
What if they just remove spring man's assist trophy and make him playable lol, maybe that's why it's taking longer

D

Deleted member

At least we definitely know when the next direct is, even if it’s not for a little while. And at least we definitely know that it should be stacked with new first party game reveals, ARMS character gameplay and a new reveal too.
I honestly don't mind waiting until June!

I have a lot of time to put on UA3 to maximise all the stats of the Fantastic Four and get good enough to unlock all the costumes and the secret final character (who I won't spoil).

I also have a good backlog of games, shows and movies to watch in the meantime.

I am just happy for many of us including you since finally we got news and also some Sort of date for the next Direct! So the wait will be easier for all of you!

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I wonder which ARMS character is going to be DLC. While I'd like Spring Man because it rules out the idea of spirits and assist trophies meaning that a character won't be playable, I doubt it's him - otherwise, you'd think they would have just came out and said it since he appears to be the main character. Hopefully we get a spirit promotion, at the very least. (didn't Min Min win the last round of the game's Splatfest equivalent?)

There wasn't a ton in this Direct that stood out to me (probably doesn't help that I've already beaten Xenoblade Chronicles, and I don't have Pokemon Sword/Shield or Animal Crossing New Horizons), though I'm definitely picking up Panzer Dragoon ASAP. Good Job looks like fun - I thought it was a Portal spin-off at first.

Cool that the Switch is getting Borderlands, Bioshock, and Xcom, even if I'm not really into those games. (at the very least, I haven't really liked Borderlands 1 - haven't tried the other games in the series)

Also, I'm enjoying the Fantastic Four DLC for Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3. It's great to actually have some story DLC for the game, as well as being able to play as the Fantastic Four after they were left out of games like Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite because of petty rights squabbles.

Also, I'm so glad that I can say "Doctor Doom used a space god as a distraction" as a summary and it makes sense in context.

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Xenoblade and BD2 look SOOOOOOO good!

ARMS being the first DLC for Vol. 2 gives me some hope for Rex.
Good to see someone in the same camp as me with this exactly. Gives me hope for a Xenoblade Character.

Trails of Cold Steel III and Bravely Default II demo downloading now. Pre-order Xenoblade Remake soon.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Watch it not be Spring Man just to **** with us lol.
It'll be Terry's trailer in reverse. Spring Man accidentally lets go of his invite and it gets grabbed simultaneously by 8 other ARMS characters who make up the fighter's costumes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom