• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilkCalf

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
2739-5061-8025
I'm guessing Nintendo are having some issues with Corona and are hesitant to announce anything due to not knowing how they will be delayed.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
i really don’t mean to come off as salty, but a whole lotta **** is going down right now. All I really want is to know if there are some Nintendo games I can look forward to, something to take my mind off current affairs. But it looks like that won’t happen anytime soon.

/rant

D

Deleted member

i really don’t mean to come off as salty, but a whole lotta **** is going down right now. All I really want is to know if there are some Nintendo games I can look forward to, something to take my mind off current affairs. But it looks like that won’t happen anytime soon.

/rant
I can understand the frustration.

And I seriously don't get why Nintendo is taking so long with a Direct when the Nindies Showcase proved you can still make the presentations without having to take all the developers or company representants to a single place.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Oml this ****ing virus needs to stop.

So many things getting delayed we're all gonna die of boredom before the virus even gets close to us

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Oml this ****ing virus needs to stop.

So many things getting delayed we're all gonna die of boredom before the virus even gets close to us
Nothing we can do about it unfortunately. All we can do is hope things at least gets controlled by next month or by the Summer.

Still got movies and shows to watch, books/comics/manga to read and games to play. There's the bright side to that.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
No real preferences on those regards, tbh.
hmmmm.. I'm not as keen on marvel so I ain't the right person to talk to regarding those stuff...

lessee... for 2000's stuff... Meet The Robinson's is a massively overlooked film in the Disney Canon. It ain't flawless by any means, it has pacing issues and an overabundance of fairly underdeveloped characters, but it's got some mad charm, and the villain absolutely steal the show

And while I'm at it, might as well shill my all time favorite movie, WALL-E. If you somehow haven't seen it, it's a must.

D

Deleted member

hmmmm.. I'm not as keen on marvel so I ain't the right person to talk to regarding those stuff...

lessee... for 2000's stuff... Meet The Robinson's is a massively overlooked film in the Disney Canon. It ain't flawless by any means, it has pacing issues and an overabundance of fairly underdeveloped characters, but it's got some mad charm, and the villain absolutely steal the show

And while I'm at it, might as well shill my all time favorite movie, WALL-E. If you somehow haven't seen it, it's a must.
I will see Meet The Robinsons after Hercules then.

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
Remember when Breath of the Wild came out, and all of a sudden, a lot of people wanted ANOTHER OoT remake in the style of BoTW?

Thank God that died out, it was getting so annoying with the OoT circlejerk.
Never heard much about that.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
After this whole thing blows over. Many things are going to changed for sure. Among those lik Its very likely being that streaming will lot more popular and theaters won't be as what they used to be.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
I'm still holding out hope that there's an announcement today. Maybe even tomorrow.

This is just getting ridiculous.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
We can go to yours if you want how do I get there lol
Alright, here's what to do.

1. Go to the airport
2. Talk to Wilbur
3. Tell him you want to fly to an island
4. Tell him you want to travel online
5. Tell him that you will search using a Dodo Code
6. When he asks what the code is, enter JLFSR

D

Deleted member

Don’t you put that evil on me. I’d like to resume having a life.
Me too Noipoi.

I really miss going out with my friends or meeting up to watch some movies and comment on them.

Right now I mostly care about their safety more than anything else.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I'm still holding out hope that there's an announcement today. Maybe even tomorrow.

You have to understand the world is going through an rough time now. The health and safety comes first and this probably has thrown Nintendo off schedule.

It shouldn't be a surprise we haven't had an announcement yet.

Noipoi

Howdy!

I won’t deny the possibility that it could be announced this afternoon, that’s when the AC direct was.

But as for hope, I ran out of that several hours ago.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
Alright, here's what to do.

1. Go to the airport
2. Talk to Wilbur
3. Tell him you want to fly to an island
4. Tell him you want to travel online
5. Tell him that you will search using a Dodo Code
6. When he asks what the code is, enter JLFSR
Want me to bring anything?

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Hell, at least announce something small on Twitter if they knew it was gonma be "delayed" until ****ing next month which we may as well wait for the June (E3) Directs at that point. I hope those are still gonma happen.

D

Deleted member

I swear, if Doomguy gets added to Smash and Isabelle isn't in his trailer, I'm gonna riot. Even the AC devs love the whole crossover between those two.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
To the likes of Michael the Spikester Michael the Spikester and Noipoi Noipoi , unfortunately we are dealing with the biggest crisis during our lifetime and since maybe the Second World War.

I'm personally getting antsy over it and seeing all my favourite **** delayed. Re:Zero Season 2, No Time To Die etc. Yet in the midst of the chaos we still have to do college which is ****ing weird.

I just want Nintendo to at least say why we haven't had a Direct in this long at least.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I swear, if Doomguy gets added to Smash and Isabelle isn't in his trailer, I'm gonna riot. Even the AC devs love the whole crossover between those two.
I can see it now, it plays out like a trailer for New Horizons with Isabelle and other AC characters relaxing on a beach when the sky turns red and demons storm the island causing as much violence that can be allowed in a trailer for an E10+ game, then Doomguy pops in and starts shooting and slaying demons left and right. Isabelle finds a way to join the fight then after the gameplay footage they relax on the beach together amidst the destruction and fallen demons.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Hell, at least announce something small on Twitter if they knew it was gonma be "delayed" until ****ing next month which we may as well wait for the June (E3) Directs at that point. I hope those are still gonma happen.
Well, Nintendo and Marvel Games have been promoting the Fantastic Four DLC for Ultimate Alliance 3 releasing tomorrow.

So there's that.

But people do want more.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
To the likes of Michael the Spikester Michael the Spikester and Noipoi Noipoi , unfortunately we are dealing with the biggest crisis during our lifetime and since maybe the Second World War.
Eh...I wouldn't go that far tbh. Its bad but not THAT bad. Yes aftermath of this is probably gonna change some things but not to the levels of the aftermath of WWII. Its also not like this virus is gonna last for years as WWII did. No pandemic had ever lasted that long.

If I had to estimate we should have things at least controlled sometime after Summer.

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Eh...I wouldn't go that far tbh. Its bad but not THAT bad. Yes aftermath of this is probably gonna change some things but not to the levels of the aftermath of WWII. Its also not like this virus is gonna last for years as WWII did. No pandemic had ever lasted that long.

If I had to estimate we should have things at least controlled sometime after Summer.
Don't know what else to compare it to. Bigger than an event like 9/11 and the great mess of 2016 but smaller than the World Wars category.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Don't know what else to compare it to. Bigger than an event like 9/11 and the great mess of 2016 but smaller than the World Wars category.
I would say its more closer to 9/11 tbh then WWII.

For one in terms of among those changes I think this is going to make movie streaming a lot more popular and theaters probably less so.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom