• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
Ok, thanks for all the answers. Here's what I'm thinking though. I can beat lv 9 CPUs with not much problem, but as soon as I go online it's like a completely different game and I get my butt handed to me. And training to play at a higher level just isn't all that enjoyable. I like smash as a game to have fun with, not to take seriously.

To be completely honest, playing smash casually is just way more fun for me. Items on, stage hazards (even hazardless with items), and all that stuff. Problem is, you need people to play with to make that more fun. CPUs are fine, but talking to people when playing makes for a better experience.

Back in the day I loved smash because I was always playing with my siblings. Now we're grown up and we don't live together so I don't really have anyone to play with these days. Maybe it's just time I put down smash and play more single player games. I still love this series, and will still play it, but I should probably just move on now.
Back in both versions of Smash 4, I’d hop on over to For Fun Teams... but this is Ultimate, so that’s not an option. I know I *can* make casual rules in quick play, but then I feel awful for potentially forcing people who want to play competitive to play casual. I could look up Arenas, but those aren’t very convenient at all.

I usually just go play competitive in SSF2 instead since I’m already relatively good at that. I just don’t have the motivation to get good at Ultimate then, since I’d pretty much have to get good all over again from scratch.

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Someone just hacked my friend’s Steam account, and is now trying to get my information. Epic.
I had someone try and phish my Steam account once.

Unrelated but looks like my campus is going online only for the remainder of the month starting next Wednesday. Now I gotta learn how Zoom works and all that. Yay...

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I just added my most favorite Bug-Type Pokemon ever to my battle ready box: Ribombee.

Ribombee@Lum Berry
Ability: Shield Dust
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Moonblast
- Bug Buzz
- Psychic

It's not Shiny, which happens to be one of my most favorite Shinies in the game, but I'm alright with that. It's even in a Love Ball, so its double awesome.

...Its too bad it didn't get Aura Sphere though. I was hoping, but ah...

Last edited:

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Spacies, Mario, Ganondorf, Joker, and pretty much most of the entire roster. I play Zelda and Banjo-Kazooie.
Ahh. Well, I'd say knowing a character's strength and weaknesses and knowing how to play off of those should be fine. It also could be you're just getting unlucky with the skill gap and that pseudo-professionals are all that come up. Also maybe potential minor lag problems that might be unnoticeable?

Otherwise, yeah, playing Smash casually is probably the better experience tbh.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I had someone try and phish my Steam account once.

Unrelated but looks like my campus is going online only for the remainder of the month starting next Wednesday. Now I gotta learn how Zoom works and all that. Yay...
You put in a Zoom code, choose to connect to video and audio and that's about it. It's not that hard to use.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I'm half considering trying for a shiny living dex (not anything serious, just something "fun" when I'm bored). Adding up my main series and GO shinies, I think I have... 35, maybe?

...this is a pointless endeavor

Shroob

Sup?
I feel like I'm the carpenter boss from Majora's Mask.

Bull headed and not afraid of anything.

This isnt the first pandemic I've lived through and it wont be the last.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
My town is a bloody ghost town.

It's like I'm living in the ending scene of 28 Days Later.
I know the feeling, sometimes the city I live it gets really foggy and deserted so it feels like I just entered Silent Hill. All that’s missing is Mary Elizabeth McGlynn singing in the background.

...as well as the sound of a giant knife scrapping on the ground getting closer and closer.

Last edited:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
If there was a new Ace Combat game after Skies Unkown, I would love to see Valstrax from Monster Hunter as a secret boss fight.^-^

Come on, I can just imagine your jet fighter and said Elder Dragon having an aireal battle in the skies and the upper troposphere with each other.
(Elder Dragons would be resistant to modern-day weapons, so I assume said fight would be hard. Plus Valstrax itself would basically be a fast and powerful jet fighter with melee capabilities.)

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I wouldn’t mind this. I just hope it happens.
Well the magic paintbrush would be ridiculously op to a cartoon.

It'd be like That scene in who framed roger rabbit.
But then bugs just has to climb out of the animation and grab his own paintbrush. Mickey wouldn’t be able to follow. And Bugs would become a literal god.

Shroob

Sup?
So is the Direct on the 26th rumor still alive?

I've honestly been sus about FP2-1.

We know that they've been in development for a long, LONG time now, and tbh I'm not sure if they'll drop after the direct or not.

A part of me says yes.
Another part says "early to mid april"

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Never forget that Spawn's Soul still burns and that he ****ing hates clowns.

Last edited:

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
I wouldn’t mind this. I just hope it happens.

But then bugs just has to climb out of the animation and grab his own paintbrush. Mickey wouldn’t be able to follow. And Bugs would become a literal god.
Mickey can do the same thing actually.

But it's whatever. I think Bugs wins anyways.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
My town is a bloody ghost town.

It's like I'm living in the ending scene of 28 Days Later.
I have the opposite problem, I live in one of the most crowded cities in the US. I'm aboutta move somewhere way smaller though.

Shroob

Sup?
But ya

Who wants my soul?

March 26th, or roughly around that time give or take a week and we'll get a Direct, and

CRASH4SMASH BABY

Shroob

Sup?
But yeah, putting 50 bucks on Crash being FP2-1

My runner up choice is Ryu Hyabusa

My never-happening want is 2B

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I honestly have slight doubts that Season 2 of Smash will premiere this month.

Idk why, I just do.
I doubt it's coming out, but shown off? It's gotta be.

They announced that they were starting work on a 2nd pass in September, and we can assume that the Direct was recorded at an earlier date.

Assuming that they had started development when they said they had, this character has been in development at the earliest for 6 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom