• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Clearly he didn't get the dates right if it means there was supposed to be two directs last month. Normally in the Smash scene, we'd call that a fallible track record.
The point is he nailed everything about one of the directs he claimed. Actually the fact he didn’t list the second date could be the opposite. If health concerns were a thing, the general direct may not have been set in stone. So nailing one of these things is a very big claim especially when no one else was.

Also:

Every other insider was wrong about a general direct last month and are still praised.

Or if you want a more smash related example. Erdrick was known by verge 9 months before his reveal and when joker came people still believed it was right and that thing a could have been switched around.

So that’s not really a hit against things when other leaders have fallen into similar paths and we still have decent evidence suggesting a direct last month and multiple things explaining how it could have been delayed

D

Deleted member

I'm planning on adding three new Pokemon to my Battle Ready box tonight.

*A-Ninetales (Heal Ball)
*Eiscue (Love Ball)
*Morpeko (Level Ball)

Not very pleased about Ninetales in a Heal Ball. Would rather much want it in a Love Ball, but that's alright. I'll live.

Morpeko and Eiscue are being added primarily because I got perfect 5IV variants of both, so they were easy breeds for OT.
I actually happen to have a HA A-Vulpix in a Love Ball. Got it through the GTS and kept it around for when I'm gonna start breeding. If you want I can notify you when I start and give you one?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
For fun, I came up with a comparison list detailing a select number of modern fighting game rosters compared to Smash Ultimate. And the result is staggering for the latter game:

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate:
76 (Base roster) + 12 (DLC) = 88

Street Fighter V:
16 + 24 = 40

Dragon Ball FighterZ:
21 + 19 = 40

Tekken 7:
52 characters total (including palette swap characters).

BBCTB:
53 characters total.

Soulcalibur VI:
27 characters total.
not enough characters in Smash...but when you add in the alts...Smash would currently end up with a total of 112 fighters...a much better total amount of characters

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
The point is he nailed everything about one of the directs he claimed. Actually the fact he didn’t list the second date could be the opposite. If health concerns were a thing, the general direct may not have been set in stone. So nailing one of these things is a very big claim especially when no one else was.

Also:

Every other insider was wrong about a general direct last month and are still praised.

Or if you want a more smash related example. Erdrick was known by verge 9 months before his reveal and when joker came people still believed it was right and that thing a could have been switched around.

So that’s not really a hit against things when other leaders have fallen into similar paths and we still have decent evidence suggesting a direct last month and multiple things explaining how it could have been delayed
The fact that we had leakers with stronger track records get things wrong should show that they're not infallible. They do get inaccurate information due to the nature of their contacts, and sometimes what they share to us was just mistaken and has no other grand reason behind it. We've seen it multiple times before and we will see it again, so we shouldn't use a leaker saying it was in February and that being wrong as a means to jump to the conclusion that it was delayed. Zippo could've just gotten a bad lead or inaccurate information, there doesn't have to be anymore to that.

Also, Zippo's relatively new to the scene. IIRC he's only been around for three months, and while he does have the backing of the ResetERA mods he still does lack the history of counterparts like Emily Rogers (who has improved over the years). His track record is still building and establishing itself, there can be room for doubt.

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I actually happen to have a HA A-Vulpix in a Love Ball. Got it through the GTS and kept it around for when I'm gonna start breeding. If you want I can notify you when I start and give you one?
Oh yes, please! I would love to have that in my Battle Ready Box.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
The fact that we had leakers with stronger track records get things wrong should show that they're not infallible. They do get inaccurate information due to the nature of their contacts, and sometimes what they share to us was just mistaken and has no other grand reason behind it. We've seen it multiple times before and we will see it again, so we shouldn't use a leaker saying it was in February and that being wrong as a means to jump to the conclusion that it was delayed. Zippo could've just gotten a bad lead or inaccurate information, there doesn't have to be anymore to that.

Also, Zippo's relatively new to the scene. IIRC he's only been around for three months, and while he does have the backing of the ResetERA mods he still does lack the history of counterparts like Emily Rogers (who has improved over the years). His track record is still building and establishing itself, there can be room for doubt.
Emily backs him too though. Regardless as I said there’s more to think it was delayed then just that. I think it’s clear as day, it was delayed, even without a leakers input.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
That connectivity of Pokemon Go to Home needs to happen.

I just want to transfer my pokemon over and never play Go again dammit.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Got an idea for a new character. I’m not using it for my current comic, because he certainly wouldn’t fit in that world, but he’ll be fun to draw.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I'm gonna repost this here just in case anyone is interested.
FT:

Eiscue, 5IV (-Sp.Attack), Adamant, Ice Head, Head Smash/Icical Crash/Belly Drum, In Love Ball

A-Ninetales, Level 100 (Not EV trained), 5IV (-Attack), Timid, Snow Warning, Freeze Dry/Aurora Veil/Moonblast/Hypnosis, In Love Ball

LF:
> A-Raichu
> A-Diglett
> K-Rapidash
> K-Weezing
> U-Stunfisk

Basically all of the forms that can only be obtained through transfer of Home that I need left. Please PM me if you are interested. Make sure you detail what you want and what your offer is.

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I'm gonna repost this here just in case anyone is interested.
FT:

A-Vulpix, 5IV (-Attack), Timid, Snow Warning, Freeze-Dry/Hypnosis/Moonblast, In Heal Ball

Eiscue, 5IV (-Sp.Attack), Adamant, Ice Head, Head Smash/Icical Crash/Belly Drum, In Love Ball

A-Ninetales, Level 100 (Not EV trained), 5IV (-Attack), Timid, Snow Warning, Freeze Dry/Aurora Veil/Moonblast/Hypnosis, In Love Ball

LF:
> A-Raichu
> A-Diglett
> A-Meowth
> K-Rapidash
> K-Farfetch'd
> K-Weezing
> J-Corsola
> H-Zigzagoon
> U-Darumaka
> U-Stunfisk

Basically all of the forms that can only be obtained through transfer of Home. Please PM me if you are interested. Make sure you detail what you want and what your offer is.
I can get you the Corsola, Vulpix, Meowth, Zigzagoon, Farfech'd and Darumaka. I'l take a Vulpix. It'll be a few minuites, I have to breed and hatch all of them.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Me: *tries to create a fun, engaging tabletop RPG system themed after Persona*

Persona's mechanics being more difficult to translate than expected:
1583537823953.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom