• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So as my final day off dawns for the week, thought I'd represent the highlights of what I watched.

5LYzTBVoS196gvYvw3zjwF8NRqQSX_q4J9IkmkNyAts.jpg

Laid Back Camp and 1917

Couldn't get anymore contrasting.

The left - An anime about a group of girls in a camping club with a message of appreciation about the small things and sometimes being alone can be a good thing. It is one of the most wholesome stories I have encountered in media and one of my favourites casts in anime. The emotional antithesis to anime like A Place Further Than The Universe or Violet Evergarden for me.

The right - A war drama about two people in a race against time to deliver a message to stop a potential massacre in the middle of WWI. One of the most brilliantly shot films I have ever came across with a killer final scene that has stuck with me. Also one of the few scores in film that I have fallen in love with.

This post could get a burial but I really wanted to show contrast in my interests like this and really I would recommend both to anyone who is into fiction.

I'm off to bed more or less. Hopefully I can hear your thoughts on it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Decided to do a picture in MS Paint:
View attachment 262560
I can just picture Godzilla with a "WTF" expression on his face when upon seeing his arch enemy looking like this.
Honestly for this kinda stuff I think Pixlr would work better for ya. It's hard to learn at first, but it's easily the best free tool on the market.
And this is coming from someone who use Pixlr on a regular basis.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Honestly for this kinda stuff I think Pixlr would work better for ya. It's hard to learn at first, but it's easily the best free tool on the market.
And this is coming from someone who use Pixlr on a regular basis.
Don't have Pixlr, but thanks for letting me know.

D

Deleted member

Still messing around with Unity 3D whenever I have time. Working with scripts is confusing at first, but very satisfying once you get the hang out of it.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Is it bad that I’m 21 and I just figured out the root words for “cyborg”? “Cyb” as in Cybernetic and “Org” as in Organism. I blame it on pop culture emphasizing the “Borg” part. The Borg from Star Trek, Triborg from MKX, stuff like that.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Is it bad that I’m 21 and I just figured out the root words for “cyborg”? “Cyb” as in Cybernetic and “Org” as in Organism. I blame it on pop culture emphasizing the “Borg” part. The Borg from Star Trek, Triborg from MKX, stuff like that.
Well I'm 22 and I just learned that from your post.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
If this is what we’re doing then we really need a direct. Too bad it’s almost certainly not coming this month.
Some leaker named Emily Rogers said something about an Animal Crossing Direct coming this week, according to the Geno thread.

Other than that, I agree.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Some leaker named Emily Rogers said something about an Animal Crossing Direct coming this week, according to the Geno thread.

Other than that, I agree.
Can confirm; she asked some guy wanting a direct next week “Are you an Animal Crossing fan?” on Twitter. She deleted the tweet, though, but I saw it and replied to it before she did.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Oi Lamperouge Lamperouge , I completely forgot about this in my "**** Smashboards" phase, but remember that one bet we made over who FP 5 would be?

I'm not going to bother hunting for a Christmas avatar yet since I bet mine against @Bolderousness by saying that Doom Slayer would be fighter #5, and uhh...it's not looking too good for him right now.
Yeah... I don't like forgoing my bets.

But don't worry, the consequences will be good. Great even. I decided to use your sacrifice as a promotional opportunity to our lord and savior, Baboom.

For a month, I require you to use this avatar to dedicate your devotion to the one-true Pokemon, lest you forgo the bet and suffer the death penalty mild disappoint from me.

xoxo
Bolderousness

Last edited by a moderator:

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
I always want to post more here but I never know what to post anymore.

So until I have something of value to say, I shall continue to lurk in the shadows, waiting for the moment to strike with my wit.

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Oi Lamperouge Lamperouge , I completely forgot about this in my "**** Smashboards" phase, but remember that one bet we made over who FP 5 would be?

Yeah... I don't like forgoing my bets.

But don't worry, the consequences will be good. Great even. I decided to use your sacrifice as a promotional opportunity to our lord and savior, Baboom.

For a month, I require you to use this avatar to dedicate your devotion to the one-true Pokemon, lest you forgo the bet and suffer the death penalty mild disappoint from me.

xoxo
Bolderousness
I was wondering when you'd make me change...haha.

Our bet actually had me agree to use your pfp for a week or two if I lost (since I'm a little *****), but **** it, I'll suffer for a month.

D

Deleted member

I was wondering when you'd make me change...haha.

Our bet actually had me agree to use your pfp for a week or two if I lost (since I'm a little *****), but **** it, I'll suffer for a month.
A month just means more badda-bing-badda-Baboom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom