• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroob

Sup?
My mom today just reminded me how out of touch the older people who don't really use the internet are.

Let's just say she says a 'lot' of things that places like Twitter would be irate over.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Oi @- Zero Requiem - , I completely forgot about this in my "**** Smashboards" phase, but remember that one bet we made over who FP 5 would be?

Yeah... I don't like forgoing my bets.

But don't worry, the consequences will be good. Great even. I decided to use your sacrifice as a promotional opportunity to our lord and savior, Baboom.

For a month, I require you to use this avatar to dedicate your devotion to the one-true Pokemon, lest you forgo the bet and suffer the death penalty mild disappoint from me.

xoxo
Bolderousness
I am going to say this as calmly as I can as I tremble with fear. Please kindly take that out back and shoot it. Before I really start freaking out.
Snakefighter is gonna have a stroke when she sees this.
You got that right.

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
Here’s a game in which you need a friend who doesn’t care that much about Smash. Or they can I guess. When a direct comes out, don’t watch it. Let your friend watch it without you in a separate room. Your friend tells you the date in which the character is coming out. On that day, have your friend set you up with the character in training mode while you’re blindfolded. Using just the moveset noises, you have to find out yourself who the character is.
Also avoid smashboards

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Also updated my signature to reflect what I've been playing recently.

Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku TheCJBrine TheCJBrine my roommate got me into playing Minecraft recently. All we've been doing is messing around in this world we've created. We've built a mountain house, found diamonds, blew up a remote village, got a horse, set up base in a cool forest village, built our own separate houses, summoned the Ender Dragon to wipe out this remote village in the middle of nowhere, and are chilling. It's pretty fun.

Also started playing through the Street Fighter series recently. Can't say the first two games clicked with me, but I'm really enjoying Alpha 2 so far. Sagat, Chun-Li, and Akuma are the standout characters for me. Sagat because I practice muay thai, Chun Li because she's badass and her Alpha design is great, and Akuma because he's an asshole.

Shroob

Sup?
As much as I hate the cringey as **** Youtube commercials, I gave Arknights a try

I was not expecting a Tower Defense game.... and I wasn't expecting it to be fun either gdi

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Also updated my signature to reflect what I've been playing recently.

Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku TheCJBrine TheCJBrine my roommate got me into playing Minecraft recently. All we've been doing is messing around in this world we've created. We've built a mountain house, found diamonds, blew up a remote village, got a horse, set up base in a cool forest village, built our own separate houses, summoned the Ender Dragon to wipe out this remote village in the middle of nowhere, and are chilling. It's pretty fun.

Also started playing through the Street Fighter series recently. Can't say the first two games clicked with me, but I'm really enjoying Alpha 2 so far. Sagat, Chun-Li, and Akuma are the standout characters for me. Sagat because I practice muay thai, Chun Li because she's badass and her Alpha design is great, and Akuma because he's an asshole.
Hold up.

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So I just spent the last hour checking over stuff for college and story.

And I missed that I needed to do half a PowerPoint for tomorrow.
To make it worse I think I'm starting to feel sick and being born with weak immune system and flu season aint' a good combo.
However I started playing Breath of the Wild again so I got that at least.

D

Deleted member

So I waltzed over to Rotten Tomatoes to check the Sonic Movie's rating. I set my expectations low but...HOLY CRAP IT'S ACTUALLY DECENT?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Here's how I imagine the sequel is going to be. If we go by the games this movie was Sonic and Eggman so

Given Tails' appearance at the end. The next movie will be Sonic and Tails.

I have a theory the reason Tails knows about Sonic is because Longclaw actually escaped and survived and she eventually met Tails telling him about Sonic hence why Tails appeared on earth searching for him getting him to come home because trouble is stirring with Robotnik who found his way there and capturing animals and such like in the games. While there Sonic will eventually meet Knuckles again (Who was supposedly the Echidna head tribe) causing beef.

Either that or trouble is being stirred by the Echidna tribe still leading to beef between Sonic and Knuckles upon meeting again with Robotnik eventually showing up and having them put their differences aside to stop him.

I imagine Metal Sonic will be introduced and so Sonic, Tails and Knuckles will have to fight it and Robotnik.

Tom and his family I imagine will only be in the beginning with Sonic having to say goodbye to them.

So if my theory is true the sequels will start becoming more like the games. Movies based on franchises that seem start off swaying away a bit off from their source material until the sequels start being closer to them.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
The way I'm seeing Keanu Reeves. He's becoming the next Dwayne Johnson in terms of appearing in more media.

More the reason to check out other upcoming films he'll star in.

D

Deleted member

I am going to say this as calmly as I can as I tremble with fear. Please kindly take that out back and shoot it. Before I really start freaking out.

You got that right.
NGL, I am a bit scared too.
giphy.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

AHHHHH the Aqua Force Perfect Guard Draw Trigger is $8 WHYYYYYY I would have to spend half of my money just to get a playset!!
And it's a staple card I need if I want the deck to be anything good at all RIP MY WALLET
Screenshot 2020-02-16 at 7.58.14 AM.png

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Good morning! Today is going to be another boring day. Nothing is happening. Nothing will happen.
What do you expect on weekends especially Sundays?

Also if this Emily Rogers is someone to go by we should expect an Animal Crossing Direct this week.

I'm thinking an General Direct at this point won't be until March.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
What do you expect on weekends especially Sundays?

Also if this Emily Rogers is someone to go by we should expect an Animal Crossing Direct this week.

I'm thinking an General Direct at this point won't be until March.
Honestly I would think weekends would be the PERFECT time to do directs because everyone is home from work and school. Just have one guy on staff to run the stream for like an hour. But that’s not how they do it I guess.

At this point I don’t think we’ll get a general direct till E3. They have nothing to show January or February. Why would that change in March? And at that point E3 will only be a few months away. So they might as well.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
At this point I don’t think we’ll get a general direct till E3. They have nothing to show January or February. Why would that change in March? And at that point E3 will only be a few months away. So they might as well.
I suppose but I'd also like to think there'd be some info left regarding Animal Crossing they'd like to discuss before the new games release which comes out in March.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom