• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I’m still trying to figure out all my plot points and how they’d all fit together with the character arcs and worldbuilding.
That's another big issue here. I would say worldbuilding is an even bigger deal for my plot, because my plot is literally traveling to multiple worlds(specifically ones like the Mushroom Kingdom, Marineford, etc) but the problem with that is that I need to figure out HOW the characters get there.

It also doesn't help that that is the premise, so I can't change it without going back to zero for the 3rd time.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

I said I wouldn't do posts like this out of fear of leaving someone out, but it's valentines day so yeah, appreciation post time:

@JDCabrera: You're a super cool friend, I always like chatting with you.
R Rangez : You're a cool friend too and I appreciate the nice messages you send sometimes.
Wademan94 Wademan94 : You're a pretty awesome guy and I always like seeing your art.
CannonStreak CannonStreak : I appreciate the newcomer movesets you send me sometimes, your ideas are always super creative.
@Taylor F and @Guh-Huzzah!: It's really cool how you guys both do voice acting and are both so good at it already.
Noipoi Noipoi : I enjoy your random posts and your aggressive positivity always makes me smile.
@Hat N' Clogs: I like how you're always so friendly and I enjoy talking to you.
@UserGoozer and @TheIrepan8: I don't really know either of you well yet but you both seem like pretty cool people.
@Zinith: I think it's great how you're so passionate about Yoshi, keep being awesome.
Lamperouge Lamperouge Shroob Shroob Professor Pumpkaboo Professor Pumpkaboo and Aurane Aurane : Y'all are all super chill and I like having you around.
@Everyone else: I appreciate you as well, I just couldn't really think of something specific to write.
Wow, Thank you. You seem like a cool dude to. :bee:

GhostM

Phantom
Gonna see Sonic on the weekend instead of today cuz I’m a lazy *******. Hope it’s good.
I hope the people who showed extreme disapproval of the original Sonic design support the movie after the design change. It's quite rare to find huge companies that acknowledge issues and change them to appeal the fans, so behavior like that should be rewarded. Wouldn't really make sense for those people who showed extreme disapproval of the original design not to support the movie, since it would make it seem like the whole change of design for Sonic was for nothing.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I hope the people who showed extreme disapproval of the original Sonic design support the movie after the design change. It's quite rare to find huge companies that acknowledge issues and change them to appeal the fans, so behavior like that should be rewarded. Wouldn't really make sense for those people who showed extreme disapproval of the original design not to support the movie, since it would make it seem like the whole change of design for Sonic was for nothing.
I was gonna watch it when Sonic looked liked Satan’s butt came to life and died itself blue, just cuz it looked atrocious. But now I’m unironically interested, so I’m def gonna see it.

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I was gonna watch it when Sonic looked liked Satan’s butt came to life and died itself blue, just cuz it looked atrocious. But now I’m unironically interested, so I’m def gonna see it.
I'm still praying that the original version is included with the home release.

Need that train wreck.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
So the Cuphead and Mugman spirit battles plays differently depending if you own the Cuphead Mii costume or not.

If you don't own it you fight Mega Man but if you do own it you fight Mii Gunner instead. Music is different too.

Seeing that and that spirits can be renamed in updates, there's no way (base game) spirits deconfirm characters.

Rizen

Smash Legend
That's another big issue here. I would say worldbuilding is an even bigger deal for my plot, because my plot is literally traveling to multiple worlds(specifically ones like the Mushroom Kingdom, Marineford, etc) but the problem with that is that I need to figure out HOW the characters get there.

It also doesn't help that that is the premise, so I can't change it without going back to zero for the 3rd time.
IDK what you're writing but I've found an outline is extremely helpful.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
So the Cuphead and Mugman spirit battles plays differently depending if you own the Cuphead Mii costume or not.

If you don't own it you fight Mega Man but if you do own it you fight Mii Gunner instead. Music is different too.

Seeing that and that spirits can be renamed in updates, there's no way (base game) spirits deconfirm characters.
I sure hope so.

The roster in this game is already amazing but Rex and/or Shantae would make it that much better for me.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280

Cuphead got it's spirit even quite quickly, but Undertale hasn't yet despite getting in the game earlier

They can change a spirit battle to acoomidate a Mii Costume, which would help a Sans fight
1581720381970.png

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Alright. I wanna gauge something: Who do you prefer? Tails or Knuckles? And out of the Sonic gals, which one do you like the most?

Noipoi

Howdy!
Alright. I wanna gauge something: Who do you prefer? Tails or Knuckles? And out of the Sonic gals, which one do you like the most?
Knuckles. He’s funny, and he’s black. Representation is always good.

As for the ladies, Blaze. One of my favorite girls in gaming, really. I don’t really think any Sonic character is particularly “cool” they’re all silly to me. Except for Blaze, she’s just got this air about her.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Knuckles because he doesn't chuckle and he'd rather flex his muscles.

My favorite female Sonic character is easily Blaze because she's a badass and the Rush games are great.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Gimme geno!
Cuphead got it's spirit even quite quickly, but Undertale hasn't yet despite getting in the game earlier

They can change a spirit battle to acoomidate a Mii Costume, which would help a Sans fight
View attachment 262325
Get ready for the Sans boss fight that’s ten times harder then in undertale Toby Fox personally made this to test players skills

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
Alright, here's all the references found in the new Cuphead Spirit Battles:

Cuphead - The main conditions of this battle references how Cuphead is of the run-and-gun video game genre, with the Mega Man puppet fighter referencing how the Blue Bomber's home series' titles were among the first in the genre (...even though they're generally action-platformers, but whatever). The trio of giant Peaches all refer to Sally Stageplay and the three phases of her boss battle, with New Pork City acting as a stand-in for the boss arena that you battle her in.

Mugman - Since he and Cuphead are twin brothers with similar attributes and abilities, they also share the same puppet fighter being Mega Man. The Screw Attack item appearing in the battle are a way of emulating Cuphead and Mugman's jumping animation in their home title. The condition where the enemy fighters suddenly gain a Final Smash references the Super Arts, and the Garden of Hope being the chosen stage represents Inkwell Isle One, where the first few bosses of Cuphead are encountered. (Another note with the Mii Gunner version of the battle: with how they solely use their neutral special being the Charge Blast references one of the unlockable projectiles in Cuphead that's also chargable.)

The Devil - The giant Mewtwo wields Death's Scythe, which represents his signature trident. The underground cavern section of the Castle Siege stage is a stand-in for the underground area seen in "One Hell of a Time", the final stage of Cuphead. Bomberman appearing in the battle represents the bat-winged bomb enemies that the Devil summons in his boss battle, in which they explode in a huge radius akin in Bomberman's own explosives. Finally, the condition where the enemy fighter gains increased attack power when at a high damage percentage references how The Devil starts losing his composure when Cuphead and Mugman are at the point of defeating him.

King Dice - WarioWare, Inc. is chosen to represent the stage "All Bets are Off!" where King Dice's battle takes places. The team of tiny Mr. G&Ws reference the row of cards that King Dice summons, and the fact that they constantly use Judge references the dice used to progress through King Dice's battle and also to face off against the mini-bosses. The enemy fighter's super armor references King Dice being in one position throughout the entirety of his boss battle and he sends out his minions to fight against Cuphead and Mugman.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
Don't know between the two boys, but Cream is easily the best of the girls.
I’m still trying to figure out all my plot points and how they’d all fit together with the character arcs and worldbuilding.
When I come up with plot lines, I usually try to have foresight about important events that would happen later, and what I could set up beforehand to lead to logically lead to those important events. Like, making something happen to a character that would realistically motivate them to do a certain thing.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
In case they don't want me to reveal them, I won't mention who (they're free to reveal themselves), but someone has helped me get the Goat skin for Brigitte in Overwatch! You're kindness is completely unheard of, and I will never forget it! Thank you, my friend! You seriously made my day a lot better! ;')

D

Deleted member

IDK what you're writing but I've found an outline is extremely helpful.
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon fanfiction, pretty much.

Just add a bunch of random worlds thrown in, a much more mature plot(that is arc based) and alot of other crap I'm trying out.

Also anime characters because whynot.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Ok so pokemon masters actually does explain how Oak got Mew in his sync pair story.

Oak originally showed up on the island with nidorino. Blaine approaches him one day about a strange Pokémon running around the island that he thinks might be a mythical. He eventually finds it along with blue and Agatha who were trying to get Oak to battle again. Oak found Mew and battled it. Enjoying that Oak studied all of its moves, Mew decides to join Oak so it can battle more.

They also recreated this scene which was clever:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I just got back from the Sonic movie, and I must say...

I absolutely, utterly and completely loved it! I can see some small parts that make it far from the best movie, but to me, it was epic! For more reasons than for being a Sonic fan! I recommend this movie to anyone, especially those who like Sonic!

D

Deleted member

Oh, yeah, I should buy some tomorrow. Thanks for reminding me. And indeed, it is. Sweet mercy.
Gonna need to get the 3rd one.
But godamn the reprints in this thing:
Superpoly at common? Allure of Darkness reprinted years after the D/D/D Structure did? And reprinting some of the good Shaddolls?

So far, best Structure of 2020.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom