• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Not crazy surprised the Sonic movie is doing well, very impressive given how it started out. Now if Nintendo branched out into the film industry again and gave it a chance, I'd probably see more things that interest me.
We got the Illumination Mario movie coming so... yeah
There's that
D0fHRBEW0AA-x24.jpg

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
*says to herself* Be strong, @Tira. Say what you need to say tonight and leave...

Appreciation post time! But rather than tag y'all, I am just going to rate your avatars. This was my surprise for y'all when we reached page 4000 but was too lazy. Now, why do I do this when there is a forum game for that? Because I can! Besides, I feel I should reach out to a larger audience. Hint: No one here scored less than 7 outta 10. I hate hurting people's feelings.

Sa...without going into any details...

My apologies for the large images, kids. Well, sayonara! :bowser:
Thank you! I'm quite a big fan of your avatar too.

i'm just happy to finally be included in one of these kinds of posts again. but i guess that's on me, i never really post here anymore

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
*says to herself* Be strong, @Tira. Say what you need to say tonight and leave...

Appreciation post time! But rather than tag y'all, I am just going to rate your avatars. This was my surprise for y'all when we reached page 4000 but was too lazy. Now, why do I do this when there is a forum game for that? Because I can! Besides, I feel I should reach out to a larger audience. Hint: No one here scored less than 7 outta 10. I hate hurting people's feelings.

I'll take an 8 outta 10 for a character tha most people don't care about lol.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Out in round 1 again.

Part of me is super angry at myself
But i did make set 2 close, and it was against the best Ness player in the region. So the ditto went better than expected, for sure...

Still though... i feel starved of a singles victory.

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
I miss the old green color swap for Naruto in SSF2... :cry:
Speaking of, I do appericiate the new alternate color palettes for most of the roster. Got favored towards Sora's new color palette that's based on Donald.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Speaking of bored, how bout some A N I M E to pass the time?

The future awaits us!

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul

You gave my current pfp an 8/10 in the Rate Your Avatar thread, tho.

I also think it's wrong to score your own avatar that high but whatever

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Just got back from the Sonic movie. Here’s some kinda rushed artwork I drew, since I was in the mood.
5B1C371E-960B-4370-BF84-040A1C47E600.png

I would actually polish up more things, mainly his proportions, but whatever, this was just for fun.

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Got back from it, it was pretty fun. I had a few issues here and there but I had a pretty good time overall and would like to see them deliver on the stuff they set up for an enviable sequel.
Sega cinematic universe time bb.

Give me a corny car movie about Crazy taxi.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
How long will it be till we get the box office scores? I’m scared that if it isn’t making money my local theatre will drop it after a week and I won’t be able to see it.
Movies regardless if they're bombs or not tends to stay in theaters for at most a few weeks.

Missing Link I recall lasted 2 weeks.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Got back from it, it was pretty fun. I had a few issues here and there but I had a pretty good time overall and would like to see them deliver on the stuff they set up for an enviable sequel.
seeing sonic floss is an experience i wish to never relive

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Movies regardless if they're bombs or not tends to stay in theaters for at most a few weeks.

Missing Link I recall lasted 2 weeks.
Hellboy lasted like a week at this place. I’ll keep vigilant on the showtimes. According to their website they’re already reducing its showtimes by Wednesday. But is that a sign of them getting rid of it earlier or do they just not have a lot of Wednesday showtimes because who they duck is seeing a movie on Wednesday on a college campus?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Hellboy lasted like a week at this place. I’ll keep vigilant on the showtimes. According to their website they’re already reducing its showtimes by Wednesday. But is that a sign of them getting rid of it earlier or do they just not have a lot of Wednesday showtimes because who they duck is seeing a movie on Wednesday on a college campus?
Huh guess theaters around the world tends to be different.

Regardless so far Sonic is predicted to make $55 million opening weekend and the film costed $85-$95 due to redesigning Sonic. If it manages to reach close to that by next week it should at most make a profit meaning it might stay for at least a few weeks.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Yeah I feel that.

Dude. SAME.
Considering Sonic’s personality, it’s something I could see him doing, but man it just feels weird nonetheless. And they felt the need to cram this in twice.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Imagine if they used the old Sonic design for the movie instead of the new one. Sonic in that design flossing would be an experience that can be considered even worse!

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So if estimates from the link I posted are anything to go back making as much as HTTYD:THW.

That should mean the movie might make over $500 million. Definitely enough to warrant an sequel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom