• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
*says to herself* Be strong, @Tira. Say what you need to say tonight and leave...

Appreciation post time! But rather than tag y'all, I am just going to rate your avatars. This was my surprise for y'all when we reached page 4000 but was too lazy. Now, why do I do this when there is a forum game for that? Because I can! Besides, I feel I should reach out to a larger audience. Hint: No one here scored less than 7 outta 10. I hate hurting people's feelings.

Sa...without going into any details...

My apologies for the large images, kids. Well, sayonara! :bowser:
**** yeah! Jill Stingray wins me the gold medal!

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Sonic was a fun movie. Not a great film, and very predictable, but fun.

There are three jokes that made me roll my eyes; you'll know them when you see them.

Sonic's voice is Dewey Duck - you can't convince me otherwise.

Stay for the after-credits scene.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
lol the house tournament i went to still has two events to complete and it's nearly midnight

glad i ducked out early

Last edited:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Dang, all this Sonic Movie goodwill took me by surprise. Really gotta eat my words here on this one: I thought it'd be a guaranteed flop, but people are actually really liking it! I'm honestly really happy. As a hardcore Sonic fan, seeing any positivity is a welcomed treat.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I'm not even a Sonic fan by any stretch of the imagination and can just appreciate that they listened to the criticism and changed the design to actually LOOK like Sonic lol.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Alright. I wanna gauge something: Who do you prefer? Tails or Knuckles? And out of the Sonic gals, which one do you like the most?
Not too into Sonic like I was when I was younger. But Knuckles was always my favorite. Granted I always like the main 3. Can't say if I have a favorite female character, cause I never played any main game with Blaze in it, and she seems to be the most well received. I guess Rouge and Omega were pretty cool, so I'd say Rouge.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
The Good Dinosaur is such a beautiful movie that is unfortunately incredibly scatterbrained in its execution. It’s hard to quite explain why everything feels so incredibly disjointed but I think the ideas they put in were just not really connectable. The only plot points that payed off was his promise to his Mama after what his Papa said to him. The whole point with the other humans kind of came out of nowhere and the T-Rex’s came and went before you could really establish any connection with them, which sucks since they got Sam Elliot and the voice of gold to voice Butch, and then the Pterodactyl’s were so situational that they didn’t feel like a real threat.

I think the dynamic between Spot and Arlo, despite it being the focus of nearly the whole movie, was also severely undercooked. Besides the very beginning where he let Spot go and the successive scenes involving food, there wasn’t much development between the two, Arlo grew quite a bit but it was done so in such a typical fashion that it just seemed a bit forced.

I still enjoyed it. I think it’s a solid 6/10 or something, it’s not terrible but it IS one of Pixar’s weakest films despite it being one of their most stunningly beautiful.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
I'll take an 8 outta 10 for a character tha most people don't care about lol.
:C Oh come on, don't say that, NSG. :> I mean, if it weren't for Altair, AC wouldn't have existed in the first place. I know that Ezio will take the spot light of every single protagonist, but that doesn't take away Altair's spot as the FIRST.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Dang, all this Sonic Movie goodwill took me by surprise. Really gotta eat my words here on this one: I thought it'd be a guaranteed flop, but people are actually really liking it! I'm honestly really happy. As a hardcore Sonic fan, seeing any positivity is a welcomed treat.
And all they had to do to make people want to give it an actual chance was to not render Sonic as some weird cretin.

While I'm not terribly interested myself. I am glad people are liking the film well enough, and that it'll hopefully do well enough to cover the costs of updating the character model.

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
And all they had to do to make people want to give it an actual chance was to not render Sonic as some weird cretin.

While I'm not terribly interested myself. I am glad people are liking the film well enough, and that it'll hopefully do well enough to cover the costs of updating the character model.
Wonder if there is a version with the old ugly cursed Sonic

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
After all these years, my boy Kyurem-Black finally got banned to Ubers. He finally found a way to do that 170 base attack justice.

I'm so proud of him.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Huh. Don't like what they revealed in the small trailer for Stranger Things 4.

Kinda wish they'd have killed Hopper off for good since this feels like a cop-out but whatever.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
I said I wouldn't do posts like this out of fear of leaving someone out, but it's valentines day so yeah, appreciation post time:

" Dutch Raikuna Dutch Raikuna : I don't really know either of you well yet but you both seem like pretty cool people."
Wow, thank you. Makes me smile a bit.
It's a bit late but yeah there some guys here who I do find pretty cool to talk to. Some of you guys come from interesting places and have good personalities. You guys are also relatable in many ways from interests to worldview. Not being dramatic but this place has filled a void online for me.

If this was IRL though I would be very awkward to talk to. I struggle to process stuff in my head and I'm very shy.

I'll admit here in honesty now 5% about what I've talked about is deliberately inaccurate about me.
Main reason though is to deter people like as my own siblings who found out where I used to go online a few years ago and without making an account, borderline watched me.

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I'm not even a Sonic fan by any stretch of the imagination and can just appreciate that they listened to the criticism and changed the design to actually LOOK like Sonic lol.
Honestly, if they didn’t, I don’t think I would have been able to enjoy the movie as much as I did.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
The Good Dinosaur is such a beautiful movie that is unfortunately incredibly scatterbrained in its execution. It’s hard to quite explain why everything feels so incredibly disjointed but I think the ideas they put in were just not really connectable. The only plot points that payed off was his promise to his Mama after what his Papa said to him. The whole point with the other humans kind of came out of nowhere and the T-Rex’s came and went before you could really establish any connection with them, which sucks since they got Sam Elliot and the voice of gold to voice Butch, and then the Pterodactyl’s were so situational that they didn’t feel like a real threat.

I think the dynamic between Spot and Arlo, despite it being the focus of nearly the whole movie, was also severely undercooked. Besides the very beginning where he let Spot go and the successive scenes involving food, there wasn’t much development between the two, Arlo grew quite a bit but it was done so in such a typical fashion that it just seemed a bit forced.

I still enjoyed it. I think it’s a solid 6/10 or something, it’s not terrible but it IS one of Pixar’s weakest films despite it being one of their most stunningly beautiful.
I've heard very similar things and am curious. Where can I watch it online?

D

Deleted member

I have a great idea for ???, the character I'm designing who I haven't gotten down to a T yet.(He'll get a name eventually, but I haven't decided on one yet)

I think the way I'm gonna do it is he's Blitz's companion, ala Buddyfight style(pops outta nowhere here and there)

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
It's really stormy over here at the moment. My internet just keeps coming and going. I don't know how much longer it'll last lol.

Anyway, how are you all doing today?
I am doing fine. Got up earlier than I should of around 6 AM.

D

Deleted member

It's really stormy over here at the moment. My internet just keeps coming and going. I don't know how much longer it'll last lol.

Anyway, how are you all doing today?
Brainstorming is hard lol.
Doesn't help that I can't go outside and bike around like I normally do to brainstorm; it's under 30 degrees here.
The weather recently has been wack, it's been snowing these past few weeks on and off.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom