• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
After hours of trying, I finally beat Emerald Weapon in FF7. Used a mixture of the Demi Strategy, Knights of the Round, Phoenix revive, and Limit Breaks.

I mean, these strategies were 100% taken from other sources, so while I can't claim to have defeated the foe without any outside influence, it still feels pretty dang good. I was able to add my own flair to the strats than outright copy them, so that's good enough for me. :p

Peck Ruby Weapon, though: I ain't touching that crud, lol.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I am enjoying these new characters for Three Houses (Yuri especially)

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So continuing and showing the other half of what I have now, with few more of you guys on the collections.

PSVGames.jpg

So my Vita games of right now. I used to have about double the amount but got rid of them until about a month and a half ago. As of right now it's mostly RPGs, fighting and visual novels

PSNovels.jpg

And what I have from Playstation 3 and my only PS4 physical copy. I love picking up more unknown games here.

And to add to this my novelisations of Nier: Automata and Ico as well as Majora's Mask and Persona Q manga.

So what do you guys all think? And throwing it out to DerpingPikachu DerpingPikachu and @JDCabrera (feel like I'm being a bit of a **** tagging you guys a few times already)

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Eh, I can't do a fourth Three Houses playthrough. I came for the three main intensities and I'll leave it at that. I don't want some CF Maddening type bull**** ever again, because I won't stop myself from doing Maddening again.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Looks like the Sonic movie is currently sitting above 60% on Rotten Tomatoes ATM.

I still think it'll be a fun movie regardless of the final rating it receives and I would've made plans to see it in the future anyway since I'm a fan of the blue guy, but it's definitely a little reassuring that it doesn't seem to be a train wreck.

D

Deleted member

So continuing and showing the other half of what I have now, with few more of you guys on the collections.

View attachment 262138

So my Vita games of right now. I used to have about double the amount but got rid of them until about a month and a half ago. As of right now it's mostly RPGs, fighting and visual novels

View attachment 262139

And what I have from Playstation 3 and my only PS4 physical copy. I love picking up more unknown games here.

And to add to this my novelisations of Nier: Automata and Ico as well as Majora's Mask and Persona Q manga.

So what do you guys all think? And throwing it out to DerpingPikachu DerpingPikachu and @JDCabrera (feel like I'm being a bit of a **** tagging you guys a few times already)
Holy ****, you own the Skate series!!

Really nice!

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Looks like the Sonic movie is currently sitting above 60% on Rotten Tomatoes ATM.

I still think it'll be a fun movie regardless of the final rating it receives and I would've made plans to see it in the future anyway since I'm a fan of the blue guy, but it's definitely a little reassuring that it doesn't seem to be a train wreck.
With the new design closer to the games appearance and the trailers which seems fun. I think its gonna come across at most as an fun timewaster. Has the potential though to be better then I expect. ^_^

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

Rotton Tomatoes is full of people who rate with agendas beyond just telling people if a film is good or not. I don’t trust it at all anymore.

D

Deleted member

Me spending around $70 on a card that I don't need at all but GIMME I want that L O R E
Screenshot 2020-02-13 at 6.42.53 AM.png

I don't even play any Zoo decks lol :dr-_-:

Last edited by a moderator:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
people are finally wrapping up the TH expansion and i gotta say i'm not massively impressed
  • mostly recycled maps
  • little objective variation beyond rout the enemy
  • strange story beats that undermine the timing of certain revelations in the main game
  • cool idea for a final chapter executed really awkwardly and steamrolled by even slightly competent players, which is jarring given how the expansion otherwise sells itself on its difficulty
  • the four new characters are just sort of tacked on to the main game and lose all connections you build up with them in the side-story (basically making them non-canon tagalongs)
  • final chapter theme is underwhelming at best after the three existing ones
at least the other new map music is neat

i'll probably give it a skip though, $25 for this when fighter's pass vol 2 is just slightly more is a very hard sell

D

Deleted member

Oh hey, what's this new emoji?

:lgbtasriel: I see. Neato

:alakadoof:excuse me wtf is this, this was not here a few days ago.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Me spending around $70 on a card that I don't need at all but GIMME I want that L O R E
****ing madman, actually spending unnecessary big money for forced meta. Most I've paid for a single card is $15 for a single copy of the new Xyz Train

1581599026974.png

D

Deleted member

Ok people, there has been a last hour delay on my date because my crush is going to travel to another island during the weekend for a basketball match.

But fear not, because a delay on the date isn't the end of the world. And I can still make something to celebrate her possible victory at the competition when she returns.

That something being my chocolate cake which is popular between people who have known me in the past.

But yeah, the date may be next week, and I wish her a lot of luck for the basketball game.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Yo wait holy **** when did Jack Stauber release new tracks?

D

Deleted member

Currently on my way to buy the Marvel Legends Doctor Doom figure.

Really excited for It since It comes with many accessories.

D

Deleted member

****ing madman, actually spending unnecessary big money for forced meta. Most I've paid for a single card is $15 for a single copy of the new Xyz Train

View attachment 262146
But..but... but....

99999 POOOWAHHHHH

What's really funny is in Vanguard, having 99999 power is mediocre at best, because Perfect Guards exist and all it takes is 2 cards in your hand to make that power worthless.

SO THEY SLAPPED ON A WIN CONDITION LMAO
Screenshot 2020-02-13 at 7.12.29 AM.png

Even that isn't that great thou, because Zeroth Dragons tend to come out when your opponent would have lost already without a PG in their hand(Because when they leave the field at the end of your turn they nuke your G-zone, essentially Vanguard's Extra Deck, so they're used as finishers/last resort options), so it's essentially just overkill at that point.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

Now it's at 69%
Nice

D

Deleted member

so spending 70 dollars makes no sense, even as just a collectible
Like I said in my edit, it's a 1-of last resort/finisher card for a group of clans that REALLY need good finishers, so if I ever start playing premium(essentially the "play whatever you want" format) it's definitely a staple.

The thing about it is that by Ulti-Striding into it, you're getting 2 attacks minimum(one of which has a strong body and a win con, and the other with Triple Drive and a beefy base statline)
SO, in order to survive the turn your opponent goes Zoa, you need to both:
A) have enough in hand to either PG the 99999 attacker/enough in hand to reach that Guard threshold(which isn't impossible in Vanguard, but you very rarely want to guard with more than you have to)
B) Enough in hand as well to guard Zoa so your opponent can't realistically kill you with Zoa(considering 13k power is the standard, and Zoa has 25k, it's not an easy cookie)

Zoa's true strength is forcing your opponent to use up their precious resources, so that when it comes to their turn, chances are they can't do anything because they're in topdeck mode.

And I actually didn't buy it lol, but you can buy it for less(it got a reprint along with the other 5 Zeroths and Gyze)

You also need the whole gang together anyway to play Gyze, because damn that boy good(if you can't deal with Gyze before Gyze himself enters the field you may as well concede. 6 Damage(which is lethal in Vanguard) at the end of your turn is no bueno)

D

Deleted member

20200213_134644.jpg

Here is the man himself next to other of my two favourite villains on media in general.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Getting three stocked on Mementos while Battle Hymn of the Soul plays really feels like I'm fighting against P3's final boss all over again.

D

Deleted member

Getting three stocked on Mementos while Battle Hymn of the Soul plays really feels like I'm fighting against P3's final boss all over again.
I wonder which were your favourite parts of Persona 3 and 4.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I wonder which were your favourite parts of Persona 3 and 4.
December and the ending was amazing in P3. It really makes you forgot how much of a drag midgame can be. It's harder to pinpoint one part in P4 but Yukiko and Kanji's awakenings just speak to me.

1581602922011.png

D

Deleted member

My god, I can't believe Dr. Doom, Lego Iron Man and your glasses case are in close proximity to each other. What unfathomable terror!!! :yoshi:
And don't forget the horror that is...

the paper sheet of my physical activities to do at the gym.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
My god, I can't believe Dr. Doom, Lego Iron Man and your glasses case are in close proximity to each other. What unfathomable terror!!! :yoshi:
Gotta admit that is a killer combination.

Still JD, it is a cool collection. How long did you collect all your stuff?

osby

Smash Obsessed
I'm still disappointed Joker's final fight in Classic Mode isn't against a giant ROB.
Maybe that would be a bit too on the nose? I still think Hands are a good stand-in for the hands you see beside the Holy Grail (and actually being like kinda gods in Smash universe).

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Maybe that would be a bit too on the nose? I still think Hands are a good stand-in for the hands you see beside the Holy Grail (and actually being like kinda gods in Smash universe).
Oh yeah, I never thought about that! The Hands are a bit like a "god of control" in Smash universe context.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Tonight is Sonic movie night!

The favorable reviews does put me at ease. I'm sure it'll be fun to watch.
I wasn't worried much in the first place. Aside from Sonic's initial design and bizarre first trailer, there really wasn't anything glaringly bad about the movie. I feel like a lot of people overplayed how bad it looks because saying "Sonic bad" gets you easy internet points.

Don't get me wrong, I know a lot of actual fans were genuinely worried about the movie's quality. It's just most reactions I saw were pretty excessive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom