• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
That Atlus survey asking if Switch owners wanted more of their games (like SMT, Persona, Etrian Odyssey) has been reported to have had record high numbers and has exceeded the company's expectations.

Gee, Atlus, it's almost like the Switch is mega popular in your home country and is a huge market you're completely ignoring right now.
Atlus: We like the main character of our most popular game yet to be in the even more extremely popular Super Smash Bros series to get more attention to our other games.

Sakurai & Nintendo: *Do exactly that*

Atlus: D5BzlbuWABgyBuE.jpg

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
I'm really curious about how ATLUS will move forward after Scramble. It's the last of the bunch of P5 games they've announced and if it's successful, we might see more Switch games from them.
It's the big reason why I encourage anyone interested in it even just remotely to consider the Switch version. TBH, I kind of have a gut feeling the Switch version is gonna outsell the PS4 version, especially in Japan. The Switch is leading right now over there, it would be a big mistake IMO for Atlus to keep ignoring it. Especially with Sony making it very clear they're done with handheld consoles, which are always the largest selling in Japan.

Nothing is ever guaranteed, but I do think this all means nothing but good things.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I find it kinda funny how Card Game anime has some of the most heinous plots at times.

You have Buddyfight, which is hard enough to explain as is, but don't forget it's essentially monsters playing card games with humans.
And then every damn series somehow the world is going to end.

Season one jerk-head comes in and trys to destroy the world
Season 2 giant centipede monster thing comes in and wants to destroy the world
Season 3 is literally just a war between 2 deities(one of which is a literal child in terms of size and mental capacity) and then JERK HEAD comes in and trys to destroy the world Uno Dos.
Season 4 Leader of a corporation sets up a way to politically destroy and remake the world

And Season 5 is 2 friends finding themselves separated because ancient evil deity just so happens to be mad.

You got Vanguard, which goes from a fun little High School series to O M G THE WORLD IS ENDING HALP

And then Battle Spirits...is just Battle Spirits. A few of the series has some semblance of extreme and outlandish events(such as the idea of traveling through space and multiple checkpoints to find a single card) It never real--

Sword-Eyes, the Battle Spirits series where the entire plot is that a bunch of humans with glowey-eyes and swords of light and dark try to stop the(presumably) Judeo-Christian God because said God has a hate boner against his creation(despite he being the one who created the swords of light and dark in the first place)Yes that's the entire plot, and yes it never got banned or anything.

Last edited by a moderator:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
That Atlus survey asking if Switch owners wanted more of their games (like SMT, Persona, Etrian Odyssey) has been reported to have had record high numbers and has exceeded the company's expectations.

Gee, Atlus, it's almost like the Switch is mega popular in your home country and is a huge market you're completely ignoring right now.
To be fair, they’re doing as much as they can. Sony would rather die then let the mainline persona games stop being system exclusive. Remember, SMTV is in development for the Switch, and Atlus can really only get a new game out every half a decade.
I'm really curious about how ATLUS will move forward after Scramble. It's the last of the bunch of P5 games they've announced and if it's successful, we might see more Switch games from them.
Persona 5 Arena please!

Last edited:

MooMew64

To be fair, they’re doing as much as they can. Sony would rather die then let the mainline persona games stop being system exclusive. Remember, SMTV is in development for the Switch, and Atlus can really only get a new game out every half a decade.
There's nothing that ever pointed to Sony caring about Persona staying system exclusive. In fact, I'd say Sony's recent move into PC gaming with Horizon Zero Dawn is showing that just like Microsoft, they're changing up their approach. The gaming landscape is changing, and both Sony and Microsoft are starting to see the real money always comes from the software, not so much just the hardware.

However, again, Persona isn't a Sony funded or 1st party owned series. Atlus not bringing it has more to do with their size and not having the resources to build a Switch port ATM. There was probably apprehension from the higher ups as well about whether or not there would be an audience, but given this poll, the hype for the Switch version of P5S, and the overwhelmingly warm reception to Joker in Smash? I'd say that the demand is pretty clear now.

Last edited:

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
I stayed up super late talking with my friend on discord and now I feel dead
How are y'all doing tho?

D

Deleted member

Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! Wademan94 Wademan94 AndreaAC AndreaAC
I decided to **** it, got nothing else to do, gonna try take 2 of drawing Blitz.

And holy **** I think I've improved alot more than I thought lol
sketch1581350413725.png

Main problem is still the face, no matter what I do it doesn't look quite right... Arms are also pretty hard to draw realistically.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Oh goody! The release date for Bloodroots on Switch has been revealed (February 28).

Been waiting for it ever since it was given a "Summer 2019" release date.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
There's nothing that ever pointed to Sony caring about Persona staying system exclusive. In fact, I'd say Sony's recent move into PC gaming with Horizon Zero Dawn is showing that just like Microsoft, they're changing up their approach. The gaming landscape is changing, and both Sony and Microsoft are starting to see the real money always comes from the software, not so much just the hardware.

However, again, Persona isn't a Sony funded or 1st party owned series. Atlus not bringing it has more to do with their size and not having the resources to build a Switch port ATM. There was probably apprehension from the higher ups as well about whether or not there would be an audience, but given this poll, the hype for the Switch version of P5S, and the overwhelmingly warm reception to Joker in Smash? I'd say that the demand is pretty clear now.
Of course! Sony and Microsoft would make more money if they stopped having their games be system exclusive. System exclusives are just a bad thing in general and need to stop being a thing!

Yeah right. Let me know when Mario Odyssey goes multi plat and I’ll stop caring about Xbox and PlayStation exclusives.

MooMew64

Of course! Sony and Microsoft would make more money if they stopped having their games be system exclusive. System exclusives are just a bad thing in general and need to stop being a thing!

Yeah right. Let me know when Mario Odyssey goes multi plat and I’ll stop caring about Xbox and PlayStation exclusives.
System exclusives are bad lol. They require people to buy more hardware, which ain't cheap. And yes, more people buying and playing their games does indeed equal more money for them.

TBH I'd love to have Nintendo games on PC. What's the point in actively hoping people won't have access to games? It seems like a silly 90's console war thing. Also, I never said all of their games were coming to PC, and the ones that do will always be available on the consoles first. Once they've evergreened a title, though? Introducing it to a whole new platform is a great way to make even more money off of the game.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! Wademan94 Wademan94 AndreaAC AndreaAC
I decided to **** it, got nothing else to do, gonna try take 2 of drawing Blitz.

And holy **** I think I've improved alot more than I thought lol
View attachment 261758
Main problem is still the face, no matter what I do it doesn't look quite right... Arms are also pretty hard to draw realistically.
I will give you a suggestion, which is to try and do something like this:

ecd63c83c74aba9ce197c6029ac8373c.jpg

Try to do guidelines using basic shapes. And have references beside you. After that you can clean them up. If you are using layers, have the guide lines and the cleaner lines on different ones each so you can just turn off the sketch layer.

D

Deleted member

I will give you a suggestion, which is to try and do something like this:

View attachment 261762
Try to do guidelines using basic shapes. And have references beside you. After that you can clean them up. If you are using layers, have the guide lines and the cleaner lines on different ones each so you can just turn off the sketch layer.
That's basically what I'm doing, actually. Minus using guide lines because I dunno what those are :l

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
That's basically what I'm doing, actually. Minus using guide lines because I dunno what those are :l
Well, they are what you see in the example. Its like some sort of armature or skeleton in a way. When you have them done, you just have to follow them to get the shapes you want and the details, and then just erase them to have the clean drawing. I use them quite a lot myself.

D

Deleted member

Well, they are what you see in the example. Its like some sort of armature or skeleton in a way. When you have them done, you just have to follow them to get the shapes you want and the details, and then just erase them to have the clean drawing. I use them quite a lot myself.
I'll keep that in mind, thanks

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Hrmm pass few days Sophie has been hesitant in eating. She always got so excited when I got hers and Molly's food ready but otherwise is still acting normal. Gonna give it couple more days then suggest to my dad to take her to the vet.

Could be her recent vaccinations...

osby

Smash Obsessed

iirc, ATLUS said that making P5 for both PS3 and PS4 was really hard for them and took a lot of time.

So, yeah, they are a small company and I don't think Scramble would be multiplatform if Koei-Techmo wasn't helping them. If they are going to port their games to Switch, they'll probably need to commit to it. Hope they'll do.

Tbf, unlike Sony and Microsoft, Nintendo only really makes money from video games. Presumably, they need to make sure people actually buy their consoles.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
The only thing I want from Atlus is another way to play Persona 4 Golden without shelling out mad cash for a Vita.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
You know what's the best way to celebrate your birthday?

Taking over the world? Yes, but the second best thing is

Yup, it's not pizza time yet, but it's coming reallyyyyy soon. :D

D

Deleted member

"To the blue soul lost in the darkness of chaos, a great light of truth... and eternal harmony!
I ride! Harmonics Messiah!"
sketch1581357211240.png

Still needs a bit of work(and I also need to work on the face, omg the face looks terrible) but I mainly did this for the lols so whatever.

Surprised how well this turned out thou. Messiah(and Link Joker in general) have really weird abstract designs so making sure they're recognizable looked like it was going to be hard.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Oh so Birds of Prey didn't ACTUALLY flop, people just pretend it did to push 'go woke go broke' like how people claimed HBO Watchmen not getting a second season planned means it flopped
Update on this, the movie's already gotten it's entire budget back, looking forward to this in an hour

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Why not?

Okay, how bout two collections. One with Golden and FES, and the other with 1 and the 2 remakes.
Golden (and arguably P3) are big enough for Atlus to warrant selling them seperately, IMO.

Maybe it's just the pessimist in me talking, though.

D

Deleted member

I just now realized the importance of rulers lol

This entire time I've been freehanding all my stuff, no wonder everything looks a bit off.
Screenshot 2020-02-10 at 12.46.00 PM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom