• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
So there's an Akira theme going on in the game as well? :yoshi:
Beats me, he just released a book/interview talking about his development on the game so far and what he's planning. Sounds pretty good.

D

Deleted member

Why the hell do I keep waking up at ****ing 4 in the morning I want to get more sleep dammit

D

Deleted member

First time I heard of AI Dungeon 2 was from a Vinesauce video
The joke is that the obscure card game anime I watch has very...very....big threats.

Gyze(the dragon I posted above) himself is an unironically avengers level threat(and I would daresay even stronger than Thanos) if you remove the card game aspect.

There's the Star-Vaders(as their name implies, easily a universe level threat if you can't deal with Яeverse quick enough to slow or halt the progress of fighters being Яeversed)

Along with stuff like the Zeroth Dragons(Gyze's more personal minions, each of them are an avengers-level threat by themselves, don't get me started on when the whole gang's together, It gets worse fast)

Then on the Buddyfight side, you have Chaos(literally just a bunch of high-threat robots like Geargod 99 that if you can't deal with them you're in big trouble)

Last edited by a moderator:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
The next issue of CoroCoro magazine will reveal the silhouette of a new Mythical Pokémon.

Been a while since we had a silhouette teaser (iirc I think Black and White was the last time).

D

Deleted member

Ya ever heard of the Vanguard clan that's literally Insect Mafia?

https://cardfight.fandom.com/wiki/Megacolony

in:
Clan, Megacolony
Megacolony

"Megacolony" (メガコロニー Megakoronī) is a clan from the nation of Zoo. It is a crime syndicate made entirely of sentient insects ruled by their Queen, Evil Governor, Darkface Gredora.
Contents
[show]
Backgrounds
What is Megacolony?
Megacolony is a criminal society of evil whose secret base is located somewhere in the verdant nation of "Zoo"! At the top of their organization is their boss they refer to as their "Queen", while their subordinates consist of loyal insect-like yet intelligent mutants and mechanically remodeled insects, meaning they have hordes of troops to fall back on! Armed robbery. Weapons and drug trafficking. Kidnapping. Smuggling. etc. They perform every conceivable systematic crime, they are an army of terror!
Although the police of every nation and security organization continues to search for the headquarters of Megacolony, they are masters of protective coloration, hiding things like an army of insects and their countless underground bases are simple tasks, discovering their true headquarters has been incredibly difficult.
Playstyle

Megacolony's playstyle involve slowing down the opponent's strategies. The main way they do this is by making the opponent's rearguards unable to stand normally the next turn, which is referred to as "Paralyzing". Paralyzing prevents the opponent's units from boosting and attacking, and shuts down effects based on attacks. Later the clan becomes capable to paralyze the opponent's vanguard, which prevents the opponent from increasing their hand via drive checking unless they ride a new vanguard. This can also prevent the opponent from Striding because the G-Unit would be rested and still unable to attack. They also have a few skills that retire the opponent's grade 1 rear-guards to further reduce their boosting capacity.
In Cardfight!! Vanguard G, Megacolony now also focuses on giving the opponent's rearguards detrimental effects like letting you draw cards when they are rested or being unable to intercept. The keyword, Dark Device takes advantage of the opponent needing to rest their units to attack and punishes them for not leaving rear-guards for you to paralyze.
Darkface has an added focus on preventing the opponent's rearguards from receiving effects or be used for costs to make them even less usable and prevent the opponent from standing them with effects.
The Machining series use effects that involve having other Machining units in the soul and put more emphasis on Paralyzing the vanguard.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Headcannon: the modern universe versions of a Mighty the Armadillo and Ray the Flying Squirrel have been gone for so long because they’re married and raising a family.

Never doubt my destructive powers again
Why do you hate rare so much?

D

Deleted member

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Where the hell did you get complaining from? That was a Tf2 reference!
Or at least it should be; I can’t find the voiceclip anywhere.

Edit: Ah, I just checked, it was a voiceline that was edited I was making a reference to lol

Next best thing is this
https://wiki.teamfortress.com/w/images/e/e5/Heavy_jeers05.wav
It was a reference I didn’t understand. Especially since people tend to think that even the idea of micro transactions means the game is one of Satan’s horcuxes.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
just learned that a doctor got tested positive for coronavirus in a medical centre my mum was being treated at two days ago

well that's just peachy

D

Deleted member

just learned that a doctor got tested positive for coronavirus in a medical centre my mum was being treated at two days ago

well that's just peachy
699199F7-89ED-49E5-A33E-90EC738B10C2.jpeg

The internet has gotten to the point where you can’t tell the difference between jokes and serious Complaints.
I don't care about Animal Crossing anyway, and I've literally never spoken anything definitive about my opinion on it, so I think posting some news and having a "Oh no this is bad" caption is pretty obviously a joke.
Well, the caption anyway.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
You know the concept of Project X Zone? What if we made that into a Smash Game? Or a Traditional Vs. Capcom style fighter? Or a Warriors game? Or a TENNIS game!?! Obviously that last one..... is the only one that should happen!

osby

Smash Obsessed
You know the concept of Project X Zone? What if we made that into a Smash Game? Or a Traditional Vs. Capcom style fighter? Or a Warriors game? Or a TENNIS game!?! Obviously that last one..... is the only one that should happen!
There are not many genres that would work with that big of a cast.

A Fire Emblem style SRPG could be interesting, though.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
There are not many genres that would work with that big of a cast.

A Fire Emblem style SRPG could be interesting, though.
That's kind of what Project X Zone is already. The fighting system is different, but it is an SRPG of some kind.

It could be made into a fighting game, but it'd be pretty expensive, unless you kept the first version to like 30-40 characters.

D

Deleted member

Oh boy, been looking up anime ost to find good tracks for very tense/fight scenes...

I FOUND ANOTHER BANGER!

now I need to figure out how the hell I'm gonna make combat work, one of the few things I haven't nailed down yet

D

Deleted member

Made another render edit! This time it's Classic Sonic because it's an easy edit and I didn't feel like putting too much work into anything today
Classic Sonic.png

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
That Atlus survey asking if Switch owners wanted more of their games (like SMT, Persona, Etrian Odyssey) has been reported to have had record high numbers and has exceeded the company's expectations.

Gee, Atlus, it's almost like the Switch is mega popular in your home country and is a huge market you're completely ignoring right now.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Oh so Birds of Prey didn't ACTUALLY flop, people just pretend it did to push 'go woke go broke' like how people claimed HBO Watchmen not getting a second season planned means it flopped
Birds of Prey could make as much as Shazam or Justice League did and people would still find a way to make them look bad

osby

Smash Obsessed
That Atlus survey asking if Switch owners wanted more of their games (like SMT, Persona, Etrian Odyssey) has been reported to have had record high numbers and has exceeded the company's expectations.

Gee, Atlus, it's almost like the Switch is mega popular in your home country and is a huge market you're completely ignoring right now.
I'm really curious about how ATLUS will move forward after Scramble. It's the last of the bunch of P5 games they've announced and if it's successful, we might see more Switch games from them.

D

Deleted member

Ah yes, a totally normal day at OIA
326204E2-A61D-4B38-8F71-9EC501A203E7.jpeg
I could technically show you our entry document, but I have specific instructions from our Facilitator (aka our teacher) not to reveal any details of what the mock trial case is, because for all I know one of our OIA clowns hangs out around here and if they were put on the jury we would have immediate bias. Trying to keep it as close to the real thing as possible, ya know?

Only thing I think I can say is that the case deals with Criminal law, not Civil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom