• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
He definitely seems a bit more feral now.
I did that for a reason. Basically, he’s supposed to be an artificially recreated rendition of a werewolf using wolf DNA and all that jazz. Sometime in the story, he begins to inherit more animalistic behaviors as a result of it. It’s an unintended side effect. He’s still himself, but he just does more dog stuff basically. The other pieces of art I made were before that change, while this one is after. It was something I had planned for his character for a while, I just hadn’t gotten around to drawing it. Each character does receive an undesired side effect as well, but they’re each different. For example, fish lad loses his ability to breathe above water. Hopefully that makes more sense.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I did that for a reason. Basically, he’s supposed to be an artificially recreated rendition of a werewolf using wolf DNA and all that jazz. Sometime in the story, he begins to inherit more animalistic behaviors as a result of it. It’s an unintended side effect. He’s still himself, but he just does more dog stuff basically. The other pieces of art I made were before that change, while this one is after. It was something I had planned for his character for a while, I just hadn’t gotten around to drawing it. Each character does receive an undesired side effect as well, but they’re each different. For example, fish lad loses his ability to breathe above water.
Alright, I like where this is going. Any other details you have fleshed our yet? Like who’s responsible for these experiments? What was their intention? Is there a cure? Etc.

D

Deleted member

Alright, I like where this is going. Any other details you have fleshed our yet? Like who’s responsible for these experiments? What was their intention? Is there a cure? Etc.
Oh ****, we going down the L O R E boys

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Writers of the forum unite!

Even though I'm working on my own story project.

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I actually do have that planned out. The person responsible for the experiments is a scientist desperate for success. His goal is to create chemicals that can artificially recreate mythical beasts using pre-existing animal DNA, and deal them illegally. He gets riches, and his consumers get power. He already had several people intrigued in his product as well. If he had succeeded, then who knows what would have happened? Now, he needs people to act as his lab rats. So basically he goes and abducts innocent children, like any upstanding citizen. That's why the kids undergo undesired changes. These chemicals weren't ready yet. They were the first attempts, and as a result, they were faulty. And as for there being a cure, there isn't. That doesn't necessarily mean that the characters can't get a happy ending, though.

Oh ****, we going down the L O R E boys
I have a massive Google doc on this actually. Still needs some polishing, as does the story itself, though.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Hey, I know you~

It's a nice try Nintendo, but nothing short of Mountie Waluigi will bring me back to Tour until you actually add (free) multiplayer to a MK game. :p

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I actually do have that planned out. The person responsible for the experiments is a scientist desperate for success. His goal is to create chemicals that can artificially recreate mythical beasts using pre-existing animal DNA, and deal them illegally. He gets riches,
and his consumers get power. He already had several people intrigued in his product as well. If he had succeeded, then who knows what would have happened? Now, he needs people to act as his lab rats. So basically he goes and abducts innocent children, like any upstanding citizen. That's why the kids undergo undesired changes. These chemicals weren't ready yet. They were the first attempts, and as a result, they were faulty. And as for there being a cure, there isn't. That doesn't necessarily mean that the characters can't get a happy ending, though.

I have a massive Google doc on this actually. Still needs some polishing, as does the story itself, though.
Awesome! Can’t wait to hear more about this.

Also crap, that reminds me, I’ve been working on a Google doc for my PM game, I’ll share it with you soon.

D

Deleted member

Writers of the forum unite!

Even though I'm working on my own story project.
Same here, although I’m pretty close to finishing the rough draft of my OC pokemon MC that is the star of the show, in more ways than one :p

Dutch Raikuna

Same here, although I’m pretty close to finishing the rough draft of my OC pokemon MC that is the star of the show, in more ways than one :p
I've mentioned this once before ages ago but I think it would be cool to see us forum writers exchange ideas and stuff somewhere since there are quite a few here.
I'm comfortable sharing a bit on here but far more somewhere else like Discord for example. Trust issues if you know what I mean.

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893

Also crap, that reminds me, I’ve been working on a Google doc for my PM game, I’ll share it with you soon.
I'm glad you like it! I'll be sure to keep you updated on it. I have a rough idea for our antagonist's design as well. My art style is cartoony, so I don't think I can make his design creepy, but I do want a design that would be creepy to the characters in the story.

D

Deleted member

Wait, what does PM stand for?
Guessing Pokemon, but don’t know for sure.
I've mentioned this once before ages ago but I think it would be cool to see us forum writers exchange ideas and stuff somewhere since there are quite a few here.
I'm comfortable sharing a bit on here but far more somewhere else like Discord for example. Trust issues if you know what I mean.
Personally I’m always open to sharing my ideas and characters, but I want to avoid spoilers for the few people that care about the work I do.

And I’ve already nearly fleshed my OC out, personality wise, I’m mainly fleshing out his design and then I’ll need to adjust the sprite accordingly.

Dutch Raikuna

Personally I’m always open to sharing my ideas and characters, but I want to avoid spoilers for the few people that care about the work I do.
And I’ve already nearly fleshed my OC out, personality wise, I’m mainly fleshing out his design and then I’ll need to adjust the sprite accordingly.
I'm all for sharing ideas but it's more when you have a lot of people watching the forums. I'm pretty shy to sharing it. If it's something like Discord and talking to people more I'd be more comfortable. I've shown what I've been working on to a few people IRL but online is a different ballgame to me.

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
Y'know, I've been thinking of revamping my prediction list with different picks (but ended up keeping Crash in it). The one thing that I'm largely hesitating on doing is putting in an indie character, because... IDK, the possibility of that happening is looking very slim at the moment especially since we gotten Mii Costumes of Sans and Cuphead, along with additional stuff for Shovel Knight and Shantae through Assist Trophies & Spirits.

D

Deleted member

I'm glad you like it! I'll be sure to keep you updated on it. I have a rough idea for our antagonist's design as well. My art style is cartoony, so I don't think I can make his design creepy, but I do want a design that would be creepy to the characters in the story.
Just add Link Joker da rings, piece of cake /s
C97D5B99-1DC0-4CEF-B0AB-A0CBD0D32411.png

*Reversing intensifies*
I'm all for sharing ideas but it's more when you have a lot of people watching the forums. I'm pretty shy to sharing it. If it's something like Discord and talking to people more I'd be more comfortable. I've shown what I've been working on to a few people IRL but online is a different ballgame to me.
Honestly, I'm the opposite. The more people that see my attempts, however bad they may be, the better!

If anything, I would much rather have everything I do be public rather than hide my shame by removing it; It's one of my core personality traits.
An embarrassing secret leaks online? Nah, let them laugh, and I'll laugh along with them!
You probably get my point now.

Basically
1581099101962.png

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

I opted to use line art online, because this is a project I've wanted to do since I was a wee lad, and there is no way in hell I'm gonna spend hours learning how to draw only for the final result to look like garbage.

Anyway...

Meet Blitz, the Riolu!
BlitztheRiolu.png
Aptly named for the birthmarks on his tail and ears, of course.

D

Deleted member

One thing I do want to do eventually is a hand drawn MAD(essentially a Anime Music Video) by hand drawing everything(no clips from any anime itself) but I’m getting way ahead of myself.

Keep your eyes on the prize, and only that for now. Anything extra can be done after I finish.

Dutch Raikuna

One thing I do want to do eventually is a hand drawn MAD(essentially a Anime Music Video) by hand drawing everything(no clips from any anime itself) but I’m getting way ahead of myself.
Probably would get struck down by YouTube if you ever did it and put it there. Bloody dislike the site for that.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
xD So, I was scrolling down the Steam Store and something funny happened:
12.png

So, it always shows me the recommendations based on stuff I have played recently like the SoW Demo, according to how similar they are, right? However...
recomendations.png

When I play Sticky Paws, THESE kind of games are definitely NOT the stuff that comes to mind. x'D Maybe I am missing something!

Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! @Taylor F

D

Deleted member

Probably would get struck down by YouTube if you ever did it and put it there. Bloody dislike the site for that.
Yeah, that and I'm piss at drawing, so hand drawing everything? Nah

Anyway, me when I start work on the sprites that will be somewhat easy for experience

Like lanky-ass butterfly dragon over here

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
xD So, I was scrolling down the Steam Store and something funny happened:
View attachment 261363
So, it always shows me the recommendations based on stuff I have played recently like the SoW Demo, according to how similar they are, right? However...
View attachment 261362
When I play Sticky Paws, THESE kind of games are definitely NOT the stuff that comes to mind. x'D Maybe I am missing something!

Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! @Taylor F
Sticky Paws is actually a very dark game once you think about it. /s

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Hey, coming by with another update on Marsa! And a pretty big one I say.

So, long story short, I wasn't feeling well the fact her knee couldn't bend well, which is kinda of a big problem for a character who do karate & complex movement, sooo I searched & worked until I got this:
Marsa exemple 24.png

Here are the old one to compare.
Marsa exemple 22.png

Marsa exemple 21.png

And here ya go, tell me if they look & most importantly, function better for her bending her legs. Don't be afraid to critize if it's no good, it's in the errors we find the solution after all.

Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! ,@Taylor F , AndreaAC AndreaAC , Dyllybirdy Dyllybirdy , AndreaAC AndreaAC , KarneraMythos KarneraMythos , Noipoi Noipoi , Knight Dude Knight Dude ,@JDCabrera , Wademan94 Wademan94 & Tako Tuesday Tako Tuesday

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Lol I got stuck on where to go in FF7 for like, 15 minutes. The guide I'm using didn't really point it out, either...

...Mainly because it was literally as simple as just move a screen right at the previous location I was at. :p

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893

So, long story short, I wasn't feeling well the fact her knee couldn't bend well, which is kinda of a big problem for a character who do karate & complex movement, sooo I searched & worked until I got this:

And here ya go, tell me if they look & most importantly, function better for her bending her legs. Don't be afraid to critize if it's no good, it's in the errors we find the solution after all.

Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! ,@Taylor F , AndreaAC AndreaAC , Dyllybirdy Dyllybirdy , AndreaAC AndreaAC , KarneraMythos KarneraMythos , Noipoi Noipoi , Knight Dude Knight Dude ,@JDCabrera , Wademan94 Wademan94 & Tako Tuesday Tako Tuesday
Her legs definitely look more flexible now.

D

Deleted member

I like the changes you did a lot!

Dutch Raikuna

So currently spending this evening scrapping and changing some of the characters in my novel story. This could get buried.

I'll share this on here to show what kind of characters and changes I'm making. Still going to keep it somewhat vague but hopefully you guys will like it from what I've scrapped.

1. Decided to make my story a bit more comedic. It's still a traveler's tales kind of story but I'm making the second third of it with an over the top character joining instead. Then it sort of goes classic party member collecting for the final part.

2. Made one of my characters reduced from a main character to more of a goal than anything. Would have involved too many flashbacks to flesh her out.

3. While a bit reluctant on it I've decided to add an antagonist. In my world there are sort of mysterious killings going on a tropical region before spreading to a major city. Revealed that he has a vendetta towards the goal but only did the killings in the city.

4. Took out a character who was mostly there through flashbacks. A person who found the main character's social circles curious and followed him over time to learn more about why he likes non-humans.

5. I'm looking at more modern technology meets the natural world backgrounds in games and anime, trying to find a perfect balance. Xenoblade 1 is an obvious. Puella Magi Madoka Magica spin-off has also been a weird inspiration as I've been liking the backgrounds in the anime.

So again I'm keeping it vague but what do you guys think? Has your curiosity piqued to hear more?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So currently spending this evening scrapping and changing some of the characters in my novel story. This could get buried.

I'll share this on here to show what kind of characters and changes I'm making. Still going to keep it somewhat vague but hopefully you guys will like it from what I've scrapped.

1. Decided to make my story a bit more comedic. It's still a traveler's tales kind of story but I'm making the second third of it with an over the top character joining instead. Then it sort of goes classic party member collecting for the final part.

2. Made one of my characters reduced from a main character to more of a goal than anything. Would have involved too many flashbacks to flesh her out.

3. While a bit reluctant on it I've decided to add an antagonist. In my world there are sort of mysterious killings going on a tropical region before spreading to a major city. Revealed that he has a vendetta towards the goal but only did the killings in the city.

4. Took out a character who was mostly there through flashbacks. A person who found the main character's social circles curious and followed him over time to learn more about why he likes non-humans.

5. I'm looking at more modern technology meets the natural world backgrounds in games and anime, trying to find a perfect balance. Xenoblade 1 is an obvious. Puella Magi Madoka Magica spin-off has also been a weird inspiration as I've been liking the backgrounds in the anime.

So again I'm keeping it vague but what do you guys think? Has your curiosity piqued to hear more?
Indeed, I would love to hear more!

D

Deleted member

I've finally figured out how to turn sprites I can't use into ones I can but now I've having problems because doing so is a very meticulous process; everything has to line up literally just right for it to even work :v

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I pre-loaded the River City Ransom/Double Dragon collection for the Switch; $50 is a bit steeper than what I was expecting, but I'm a sucker for retro collections, and it's got 18 games with a surprising amount of variety, even if it's just NES games.

I might get River City Girls as well, at some point, but I figure that one will have more depth to it than the games in this collection, so I want to cut down on my backlog first.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Dunno about piquing my interest, but my advice as a novice writer is to follow your gut; most of the plot elements I've shown off so far("Reversed" Charizard, and the for-now unnamed MTG planeswalker cameo for example) were ideas that I didn't want to do originally but went "**** it, this is a neat idea, I'm gonna try it and see where I can take the story"

The original plot was literally going to be your generic Pokemon Mystery Dungeon but the MC is an already established character from a card game anime(which I scrapped because that leads to a lot of problems with making sure the character is written the way so it lines up with the canon and it's ****ing B O R I N G)

D

Deleted member

I'm bored af right now, so here's a question for ya'll

What's your favorite OST? Doesn't matter where it's from, just has to be a OST

Here's mine atm:
This would be a buddyfight track, but I can't stand the low quality rips(and there is no-way in hell I'm binging the entire series AGAIN just to listen to the OST)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom