• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Saves cannot be transferred with profiles to different consoles. If you buy a new Switch, you have to start over.

People better hope they aren't making a Pro model now.
Well, most consoles usually do at some point, right? I can see them pulling that off a little after the PS5 and Xbox Series X.

Shroob

Sup?
Also, no Mortal Kombat 11. Ok.

You gotta admit though, no X-Men was kinda boosh.
Oh definitely. Wolverine, Magneto, Cyclops imo should have all been in imo, Sentinel too but that's just my MvsC2 nostalgia.
I'm aware quite a few of the comics use movie designs. Something else I'm not a fan of, barring Iron Man, since he fits the best with his hi-tech look. Nor am I saying that I'm factually right either. And I don't think sticking to the older aesthetic hurt the games much. I have no problem with certain elements being changed, Marvel 3 did that a ton, and it worked out well there, I don't feel like it did for Infinite personally.

I can't say I see their choices as Diverse when, again, it's mostly returning characters from MVC3, minus 2 pretty big series. Only adding to the Avengers and GotG side of things, because of what the then current films had. Hell, there was nothing from the Netflix side of things, nor much added from Spider-Man except adding back Venom.

And while you'll say they are Iron Man characters, Captain America characters ect, They are associated together as Avengers. If you want to split hairs in that manner, then why not label Black Panther as a Fantastic Four character, as that's where he got his debut?

Taskmaster I like. Though really also cutting Storm, Deadpool and even She-Hulk was disappointing. Nova was again, also in MVC3.
Deadpool I can see the logic behind him, and that's maybe the fact his movies are M rated, while MvsCU is T. I don't remember if the Deadpool movie was out at the time of MvsC3, but I could see them getting scared off by that.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
On the flip side, putting in characters the general public aren’t as familiar with are a chance to get more people to recognize and even become new fans of those characters, just putting in characters the general audience would know all the time would be extremely safe and limiting.
Did that work for a lot of characters in MvC? Don't remember Rocket getting much love for being in MvC until GotG got a movie.

D

Deleted member

Anyways folks, after about a year here it's the moment I've been putting on standby for a while. Pretty much this is all for me here. I'll be deleting my account and leave the site as its time to move on. I enjoyed hanging around this thread and wanted to at least say my goodbyes here.

I haven't been here in the site for the last couple of days and in the social for the last couple of weeks so I probably don't know a few of the new faces, I feel disengaged from the discussion regarding characters lately (many times discussion tends to drag in the worst possible way) and have kinda discovered that I'm at a point where I'm kinda satisfied with Ultimate no matter who gets in the future.
I got my most wanted this time around (:ulthero:), in addition to some other characters I enjoyed a lot (:ultincineroar::ultinkling::ultjoker:). I don't think there's a character I actually dislike so far in the game either newcomer, echo or veteran (yes even Corrin).

I remember meeting a few of you here, enjoyed fooling around and discussing about different thing. I'll probably just hang around in Discord so probably I'll see a few around sometime. I hope the best for you in your lives and that all of you end up getting someone you really like in the S2 pass.

Last edited by a moderator:

osby

Smash Obsessed
At least we can all agree that Ms. Marvel should be in the next MvC game.

EDIT: Sorry about the bad timing.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Oh definitely. Wolverine, Magneto, Cyclops imo should have all been in imo, Sentinel too but that's just my MvsC2 nostalgia.

Deadpool I can see the logic behind him, and that's maybe the fact his movies are M rated, while MvsCU is T. I don't remember if the Deadpool movie was out at the time of MvsC3, but I could see them getting scared off by that.
Deadpool's a Spin-off of X-Men. So he was cut from the roster of Infinite since that Ike dude didn't want to promote them or the Fantastic Four franchises as they didn't own the movie rights at the time.

Though that might have to do with why the Punisher, Daredevil, Luke Cage and so on weren't in as the Netflix stuff is more violent, but that's strictly guessing on my part.

Yet look at MUA3, it has some Spider-Man, X-Men, Avengers, Netflix Defenders, GotG, and Marvel Knights characters, with the FF on their way. MVCI mostly just came out at a bad time, since Kevin Feige isn't nearly as petty as the last guy in charge.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Hold up.
Disney owns Fox now, meaning they own XMen, Fantastic 4, Wolverine, and Deadpool.
Which in turn should be easier to use said characters for future games.
And Marvel is getting a new Avengers game, so Disney isn't saying to no gaming as a whole.
And MvC2 is at EVO...

MVC5 EVO ANNOUNCEMENT EVERYONE, GET HYPED.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Not saying it’s 100% effective
Not the same thing, but MUA1 introduced a LOT of people to Deadpool and Moon Knight. The former also got some notoriety from XML2.

I would say in Marvel 3's case, Taskmaster, Nova and even M.O.D.O.K got a little more popular because they were in that game or UMVC3.

Hold up.
Disney owns Fox now, meaning they own XMen, Fantastic 4, Wolverine, and Deadpool.
And Marvel is getting a new Avengers game, so Disney isn't saying to no gaming as a whole.
And MvC2 is at EVO...

Bro just Make Marvel's side like 2/3rds of the MUA3 roster.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Anyways folks, after about a year here it's the moment I've been putting on standby for a while. Pretty much this is all for me here. I'll be deleting my account and leave the site as its time to move on. I enjoyed hanging around this thread and wanted to at least say my goodbyes here.

I haven't been here in the site for the last couple of days and in the social for the last couple of weeks so I probably don't know a few of the new faces, I feel disengaged from the discussion regarding characters lately (many times discussion tends to drag in the worst possible way) and have kinda discovered that I'm at a point where I'm kinda satisfied with Ultimate no matter who gets in the future.
I got my most wanted this time around (:ulthero:), in addition to some other characters I enjoyed a lot (:ultincineroar::ultinkling::ultjoker:). I don't think there's a character I actually dislike so far in the game either newcomer, echo or veteran (yes even Corrin).

I remember meeting a few of you here, enjoyed fooling around and discussing about different thing. I'll probably just hang around in Discord so probably I'll see a few around sometime. I hope the best for you in your lives and that all of you end up getting someone you really like in the S2 pass.
You'll be missed, man. Always thought you were cool to have around here. I don't really see why you feel the need to delete your account to leave, but to each to their own. It's your call to make.

In any case, I hope your life continues to go well from this day onward. Farewell, Zekenator.

Last edited:

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
Hold up.
And MvC2 is at EVO...

Disney/Marvel always owned those characters, Fox just owned the film rights to them.

The only reason they were left out of MvCI and other games of the time was because Ike Perlmutter was acting like a child and wouldn't allow other forms of Marvel media to "advertise" for Fox movies. At the time they had also essentially killed off the X-Men and Fantastic Four in the comics for the same reason. Just trashy, petty business crap.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Hold up.
Disney owns Fox now
This is the first Evo with MvC since Disney bought Fox.
Instead of the MvC with no X-Men reps, it has the one with as many as Smash has Pokemon and FE combined.
Really makes you think.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
This is the first Evo with MvC since Disney bought Fox.
Instead of the MvC with no X-Men reps, it has the one with as many as Smash has Pokemon and FE combined.
Really makes you think.
I can only imagine the types of arguments that would occur if MVC pulled an "EVERYONE IS HERE!" Cause I don't think many people would've wanted Marrow and Shuma back. Or honestly Dhalsim as one of the SF characters.

But on the other had, Ken, OG Mega Man, MMX, Zero, Tron, Jin, and the myriad X-Men/Avengers that people DO give a **** about would be back so it wouldn't be a total loss. Just add more Spider-Man stuff and Nero.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Every one of them is useless despite his mother being someone that screws with his mind and is integral to the climax?
Or Robert deNiro's character being inconsiderate and contributing to the mess?
Or the counselor setting up a dichonomy between well-grounded guide vs. total psycho?

All these characters are secondaries but are key in the film to get into the mind of Phoenix's Joker.

Get out of here with your trashy blanket statements about how "EVERY" character is useless that's not the main. Get real.
Alright, yeah, I'm just gonna keep my thoughts on movies to myself.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I can only imagine the types of arguments that would occur if MVC pulled an "EVERYONE IS HERE!" Cause I don't think many people would've wanted Marrow and Shuma back. Or honestly Dhalsim as one of the SF characters.

But on the other had, Ken, OG Mega Man, MMX, Zero, Tron, Jin, and the myriad X-Men/Avengers that people DO give a **** about would be back so it wouldn't be a total loss. Just add more Spider-Man stuff and Nero.
No chance an “EVERYONE IS HERE” style MvC game would work.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

I'd be down for Shuma coming back, ngl.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Yeah, I dunno. As an aspiring Director and Writer I just want to talk about movies. Good things and bad things but it seems like every time I do I get some disregarding replies that I'm incorrect.

I try to pick apart movies bit by bit to see what makes them tick so I find flaws. It's how I feel like I can become a better artist of my craft. It excites me when I realize, "hey, this didn't quite work, so I know to try to fix that when I make a movie!", and I just want to share that, y'know? But man, it never fails, I always feel like crap after I share it.

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Yeah, I dunno. As an aspiring Director and Writer I just want to talk about movies. Good things and bad things but it seems like every time I do I get some very hostile replies.

I try to pick apart movies bit by bit to see what makes them tick so I find flaws. It's how I feel like I can become a better artist of my craft. It excites me when I realize, "hey, this didn't quite work, so I know to try to fix that when I make a movie!", and I just want to share that, y'know? But man, it never fails, I always feel like crap after I share it.
Just for the record, I was just kidding. I didn't mean to insult you or nothin'. ;(

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
How would you feel about this roster?

Version 2 of my MvC roster, now with 37 characters each:
  • Ant Man & Wasp
  • Black Panther
  • Black Widow
  • Blade
  • Cable
  • Captain America
  • Captain Marvel
  • Daredevil
  • Deadpool
  • Doctor Doom
  • Doc Ock
  • Doctor Strange
  • Dormammu
  • Falcon
  • Fantastic 4 (led by Mr. Fantastic)
  • Gambit
  • Ghost Rider
  • Hawkeye
  • Hulk
  • Iron Man (alt.: War Machine)
  • Loki
  • Magneto
  • Morbius
  • Ms. Marvel
  • Pheonix
  • Psylocke
  • Rocket Raccoon/Groot
  • Scarlet Witch
  • Shuma-Gorath
  • Spider-Man (alt.: Spider-Man 2099)
  • Spider-Man (Miles Morales)
  • Storm
  • Thanos
  • Thor
  • Ultron
  • Venom
  • Wolverine
  • Akuma
  • Albert Wesker
  • Amaterasu
  • Arthur
  • Asura
  • Cammy
  • Captain Commando
  • Chun-Li
  • Dante
  • Demitri
  • Dr. Wily
  • Felicia
  • Frank West
  • Guile
  • Jedah
  • Jill Valentine
  • Jin Saotome
  • Leon S. Kennedy
  • M. Bison
  • Mega Man
  • Mike Haggar
  • Monster Hunter
  • Morrigan
  • Nemesis
  • Nero
  • Pheonix Wright (alt.: Apollo Justice)
  • Rad Spencer
  • Roll
  • Ryu (alt.: Ken)
  • Sigma
  • Strider Hiryu
  • Trish
  • Tron Bonne
  • Vergil
  • Viewtiful Joe
  • X
  • Zero

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Just for the record, I was just kidding. I didn't mean to insult you or nothin'. ;(
You're good, my friend, honestly. It wasn't in response to your reply I assure you. Sorry to make you think that.

D

Deleted member

Hmm... I'm making a hypothetical Smash 6 project and I have a question: Who do you think would be lower priority for Sakurai, Bowser Jr. or Rosalina?

I think Rosalina due to her having made fewer appearances in Mario Games and whatnot but she's likely more popular than Bowser Jr. I think.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Hmm... I'm making a hypothetical Smash 6 project and I have a question: Who do you think would be lower priority for Sakurai, Bowser Jr. or Rosalina?

I think Rosalina due to her having made fewer appearances in Mario Games and whatnot but she's likely more popular than Bowser Jr. I think.
Considering Jigglypuff was a higher priority than Mewtwo in Brawl, whichever is easier to add.

D

Deleted member

Considering Jigglypuff was a higher priority than Mewtwo in Brawl, whichever is easier to add.
So Rosalina would stay due to her not having 8 completely different models to add into the game?

In which case, gotcha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom