• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I just called my teacher(who legit looks like a boomer) a boomer.

I have no-regrets(no but seriously this is gonna spread around the school fast lmao)

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
It’s the Fire Emblem/Shoto problem. No matter how unique they play, they’re still gonna feel samey because the theme is already covered.

Seriously. You really want a fighting game with “SPIDER-MAN” and “SPIDER-MAN”.
I don’t think it’d be that bad as long as there’s still a ton of variety in the rest of the roster, one or two characters that feel similar aesthetic wise to other ones isn’t going to hurt a massive roster.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I don’t think it’d be that bad as long as there’s still a ton of variety in the rest of the roster, one or two characters that feel similar aesthetic wise to other ones isn’t going to hurt a massive roster.
Do you actually trust Capcom to have this roster be massive? SFV doesn’t even EQUAL USFIV’s final roster. Let alone surpass it. And that’s after what.... 5 years?

D

Deleted member

So um guys

I feel like leaving smashboards as in deleting my account

nothing bad or anything

D

Deleted member

This just popped into my recommend.
I don't get it either, all I'm seeing is
IMAGINARY GIFT IMAGINARY GIFT IMAGINARY GIFT IMAGINARY GIFT IMAGINARY GIFT IMAGINARY GIFT Spam

Last edited by a moderator:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
It’s the Fire Emblem/Shoto problem. No matter how unique they play, they’re still gonna feel samey because the theme is already covered.

Seriously. You really want a fighting game with “SPIDER-MAN” and “SPIDER-MAN”.
Better that than Wolverine, boneless Wolverine, and girl Wolverine. :drshrug:

That said, being close-minded about it because of the general character archetype being similar rarely bodes well. I think MUA3 did a decent job at handling Spiderfolk, in that each one plays similarly yet has their own distinct specialty (Peter has more tech/gadget emphasis, Miles does shocky things, Gwen has a teleport)

So long as they appease the classic fanbase with the original, I really see no harm in putting out something new that they know is still gonna be big with the fans.

D

Deleted member

I just feel like I lost interest and thinking of moving on as in Twitter & discord.

smashboards was fun & ok during base game and fighters pass for me

but I just think it’s time for me to move on
I personally would just leave your account open so that if you do ever decide to come back, you don't have to go thru the headache of making a new account and more likely than not explaining yourself to the mods.

D

Deleted member

I personally would just leave your account open so that if you do ever decide to come back, you don't have to go thru the headache of making a new account and more likely than not explaining yourself to the mods.
Thing is I can’t resist leaving the account open

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Better that than Wolverine, boneless Wolverine, and girl Wolverine. :drshrug:

That said, being close-minded about it because of the general character archetype being similar rarely bodes well. I think MUA3 did a decent job at handling Spiderfolk, in that each one plays similarly yet has their own distinct specialty (Peter has more tech/gadget emphasis, Miles does shocky things, Gwen has a teleport)

So long as they appease the classic fanbase with the original, I really see no harm in putting out something new that they know is still gonna be big with the fans.
The problem is that that spider-clone could have been someone with a unique play style AND unique aesthetic/power set.

D

Deleted member

Thing is I can’t resist leaving the account open
Okay? That helps my point more than anything, actually.
If you feel you can’t resist, then just leave the account open, it’s not like anything bad is going to happen if you just abandon it instead of Deleto it

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
No way. We don’t need a tonne of Spider-Clones. MAYBE in a dedicated Marvel-only fighting game. But in a crossover like this, everyone should be as unique as possible. Make Miles a skin for Peter with his own voice lines if you have to.
you do know Miles has a Venom Blast and invisibility powers...things Peter doesn’t have? As MUA3 and Lego Marvel 2 have shown, it isn’t hard to make the top 3 Spideys of the modern era (maybe even of all time) different from one another

D

Deleted member

Why did you do that?
I've heard a lot worse to be honest.
It was in response to the lawyer(the person we were meeting with) saying Ok Boomer, and someone else said something, which made me say "Well, NGL, you look the part" to my teacher.

I didn't literally say "you're a boomer" lmao, maybe should have made that a tiny bit clearer.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Adding two moves is not a new character make.
worked for other Marvel games, so there isn’t anything that stops them from being a new character. Plus, they’re extremely popular enough to be given their own spot in many games (like what’s been said already, MUA3 made them unique enough to have their own spots)

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
It was in response to the lawyer(the person we were meeting with) saying Ok Boomer, and someone else said something, which made me say "Well, NGL, you look the part" to my teacher.

I didn't literally say "you're a boomer" lmao, maybe should have made that a tiny bit clearer.
Yeah.
I've heard and seen very stupid **** over the years. Most stupid was doing a drug deal right in class a few years back. You can guarantee it ended well for them.........not.

D

Deleted member

Yeah.
I've heard and seen very stupid **** over the years. Most stupid was doing a drug deal right in class a few years back. You can guarantee it ended well for them.........not.
That was kinda the point of the joke, the class has a few clowns(me included) who likes that kinda stupid but funny humor.
Just so happens that everyone took it to be funny, and not hate me for it :p

D

Deleted member

Okay? That helps my point more than anything, actually.
If you feel you can’t resist, then just leave the account open, it’s not like anything bad is going to happen if you just abandon it instead of Deleto it
I know but it’s my choice and I decided if I want to do it or not

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
worked for other Marvel games, so there isn’t anything that stops them from being a new character. Plus, they’re extremely popular enough to be given their own spot in many games (like what’s been said already, MUA3 made them unique enough to have their own spots)
Just because a character CAN be unique, doesn’t mean they should be. And I would rather have someone who’s 100% unique in EVERY way, rather then Capcom bend over backwards to make Spider-Man 2 a unique fighter.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Just because a character CAN be unique, doesn’t mean they should be. And I would rather have someone who’s 100% unique in EVERY way, rather then Capcom bend over backwards to make Spider-Man 2 a unique fighter.
if Capcom can have multiple Ryus, Smash can have multiple of many characters, and DBFighterZ can have multiple Gokus, then 3 Spiders isn’t a big deal. With this conversation, I don’t think I’d be surprised if you don’t certain echoes of semi-clones in Smash

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
That was kinda the point of the joke, the class has a few clowns(me included) who likes that kinda stupid but funny humor.
Just so happens that everyone took it to be funny, and not hate me for it :p
You have my respect for being the class clown. Only one in my class left a few weeks ago and he was entertaining with that humour.
They really are like the heartbeat of the class if you know what I mean.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
if Capcom can have multiple Ryus, Smash can have multiple of many characters, and DBFighterZ can have multiple Gokus, then 3 Spiders isn’t a big deal. With this conversation, I don’t think I’d be surprised if you don’t certain echoes of semi-clones in Smash
I mean she’s said before that she doesn’t see any differences between :ultmario: & :ultdoc: or :ultyounglink: & :ulttoonlink:

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
I discovered a social group in my area that meets to play smash and mortal kombat, so I may finally be able to meet some new friends ayy

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Echo fighters are fine. They’re no effort to make and don’t take any spots from any other characters. Like, we’d be able to exchange all 7 echo fighters for like, one completely unique fighter if we’re lucky. This is different.

And just because they’ve gotten away with it doesn’t mean it’s the right thing to do. If I get away with robbing a bank that doesn’t mean I did a good thing.

D

Deleted member

This just popped up in my recommended as well OMG THE NOSTALGIA AFHAJFJHASFKJAHFA

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
Echo fighters are fine. They’re no effort to make and don’t take any spots from any other characters. Like, we’d be able to exchange all 7 echo fighters for like, one completely unique fighter if we’re lucky. This is different.

And just because they’ve gotten away with it doesn’t mean it’s the right thing to do. If I get away with robbing a bank that doesn’t mean I did a good thing.
Are you really comparing echo fighters to robbing a bank lol

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I mean she’s said before that she doesn’t see any differences between :ultmario: & :ultdoc: or :ultyounglink: & :ulttoonlink:
Because there damn well isn’t. If KEN is an echo fighter then those two should be as well.
Right. I forgot. Metaphors are off limits on Smashboards

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Because there damn well isn’t. If KEN is an echo fighter then those two should be as well.
Mario and Dr. Mario Down-B would like to have a word with you

Also Toon Link and Young Link are barely the same character moveset wise da ****

Last edited by a moderator:

osby

Smash Obsessed
I mean, no two Links share their basic animations because all of them have different bodies. They are all semi clones.

Right. I forgot. Metaphors are off-limits on Smashboards
There is a difference between metaphors and hyperboles.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Right. I forgot. Metaphors are off limits on Smashboards
Mario and Dr. Mario Down-B would like to have a word with you

Also Toon Link and Young Link are barely the same character moveset wise da ****
For Doctor Mario, I point you to Chrom. For Young Link and Toon Link, I completely forgot. Toon Link totally doesn’t have a bow and bombs and a boomerang and a sword spin and..... a tonne of other sword moves that just kind of blend together.

D

Deleted member

You know what, I got work to do, not going to argue, just gonna sit back and watch this happen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom