• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I heard it's someone's birthday. So, Happy Birthday SnakeFighter64 SnakeFighter64

Please no, I don't even have a smartphone. That would be a massive disappointment.

That's just a fancier looking Lagann and no one can convince me otherwise.
Dunno about fancier, that thing looks ugly as ****

Besides, the entire line up of Nova Grappler head-things would like a word with you
C97492AF-1CF5-4DC5-AA25-302E361D49B0.jpeg

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
@Taylor F & Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah!

Since we talked about it before & you're both FNAF fan like I am, I figure I inform you that Squimpus, the one behind the FNAF VHS series, as decided to take a break due to lot of pressure on the fans.

We talked last time about how he might have should stopped the series earlier, but it's still quit sad a fan who make content this good about the franchise can't keep up with peoples expectation, and I hope this break will help him getting his passion back.

Click this link for information, if you're interested of course. (also, swears)
Dang that sucks. I do see this type of stuff happen in the FNAF community occasionally. There’ll always be that loud minority I suppose.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I guess my man issue is I’ve been doing it for so long without the results I’d hope for. I work a lot of games and animation, so I’m very critical of my workl
I still think you have a lot of time to keep working and improving, I have about 11 years worth of experience on you but I’d say there’s a good chance you’re around the same level I was at that age. It may take some time and practice but keep working at it and I believe it will come to you naturally.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Also, speaking of W101, you all need to listen to this jam if you're interested in this game, it basically give you everything you need to know about the tone of this game, and it's glorious!
UNIT HYPE!!

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
Can you give me a link? I want to see this.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/platinumgames/the-wonderful-101-remastered/description

would be funny if the kickstarter passed all the goals so fast that they had to make new ones
You can see in the Stretch Goal section that there are some that are blurred out, so they have more planned. It also mentions that any DLC unlocked will come with physical edtion rewards, and none of the current goals mention DLC.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Heh, I don’t really care about the game, but I just saw if you donate around $100 to the Wonderful 101 Kickstarter, one of the things you get is being blocked by Kamiya on twitter.

Also, have a good birthday, SnakeFighter64 SnakeFighter64 !

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Now my question is what was a bigger contributor to why the Wii U version flopped: Being on a doomed console or were people flat-out not interested?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/platinumgames/the-wonderful-101-remastered/description

You can see in the Stretch Goal section that there are some that are blurred out, so they have more planned. It also mentions that any DLC unlocked will come with physical edtion rewards, and none of the current goals mention DLC.
I might back this. I have a little bit of birthday money. I’ll sit on it for a day.

I kind of feel like Wonderful 101 content in smash beyond the spirits already there kind of died with this advent though.

Last edited:

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
Now my question is what was a bigger contributor to why the Wii U version flopped: Being on a doomed console or were people flat-out not interested?
I think it had more to do with ending up as an underated gem for the Wii U, the console library at the time wasn't the most appealing for the general audience.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Think it was the fact it wasn't very well marketed & being on a dead console that hurt the game.

That and it didn't got the greatest of reviews if I'm not mistaken, GameXplain review especially was quit negatif from what I heard.

Last edited:

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
Think it was the fact it wasn't very well marketed & being on a dead console that hurt the game.

That and it didn't got the greatest of reviews if I'm not mistaken, GameXplain review especially was quit negatif from what I heard.
I think it was received pretty well, the game has a score of 78 on Metacritic.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I think it was received pretty well, the game has a score of 78 on Metacritic.
I don't know Metacritic well so correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't 78 a bit low?

Like I wouldn't say W101 was a flawess masterpieces, because as someone who play it, they are some mixed moments at time, but I don't remember the game getting much fanfare from reviewer at the time. It was more normal folks like you and me who praised the game, but then again, I wasn't that into gaming review at the time, so I may quit wrong on that.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Little column A, little column B.

Though it's less "flat-out not interested" and more "it was a poorly marketed new IP so no one knew what it was if they even knew it existed".

I only tried it because it was like $15 used at the time and my friend kept bugging me to try it.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I've been thinking, and I think the Grookey line is the one I'll give a regional form. Just give it a different instrument and we're good to go.

Babass win.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I've been thinking, and I think the Grookey line is the one I'll give a regional form. Just give it a different instrument and we're good to go.

Babass win.
Babassoon lose.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Hell yeah the switch port is coming! The rewards are pretty cool. Day one bit for me! First it’s the port then it’s smash!

Let’s go,

UNITE UP!

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Hell yeah the switch port is coming! The rewards are pretty cool. Day one bit for me! First it’s the port then it’s smash!

Let’s go,

UNITE UP!
Am I the only one that thinks they probably wouldn’t need as much money if they didn’t have all those extravagant high-tier rewards?

D

Deleted member

I don't know Metacritic well so correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't 78 a bit low?

Like I wouldn't say W101 was a flawess masterpieces, because as someone who play it, they are some mixed moments at time, but I don't remember the game getting much fanfare from reviewer at the time. It was more normal folks like you and me who praised the game, but then again, I wasn't that into gaming review at the time, so I may quit wrong on that.
For a second there I thought you were talking about Wizard101 and I got nostalgia flashbacks

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Am I the only one that thinks they probably wouldn’t need as much money if they didn’t have all those extravagant high-tier rewards?
The rewards are to get more money, not because they didnt have the money for the rewards. thats how kickstarter works

Last edited:

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
500k isn't enough to fund these ports to begin with. The Kickstarter is primarily a marketing campaign that pays for itself.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

78 is only low if you're a review warmongerer or forum fanatic.

D

Deleted member

You know what, **** it, gonna put my secret project on the backburner for awhile, and I’m gonna work on something else.. Well, if I ever get a chance to start.

Pixel art is looking like it’s not my thing, and that’s fine.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Never played the original version of TW101 since I skipped the Wii U due to being unemployed during that time, but I am a fan of Platinum's work so maybe I'll pitch in and show some support now.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
78 is only low if you're a review warmongerer or forum fanatic.
The internet as made very confuse what is a good or bad score now those days.

I'm happy then lots of reviewer enjoyed the game at the time, 'just didn't want to make bold statement or somethin' when I made that post you quoted.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom