• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

@Taylor F & Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah!

Since we talked about it before & you're both FNAF fan like I am, I figure I inform you that Squimpus, the one behind the FNAF VHS series, as decided to take a break due to lot of pressure on the fans.

We talked last time about how he might have should stopped the series earlier, but it's still quit sad a fan who make content this good about the franchise can't keep up with peoples expectation, and I hope this break will help him getting his passion back.

Click this link for information, if you're interested of course. (also, swears)
You think I don’t check the subreddit every day, fool?! /s

Jokes aside, yeah, it does suck, but I’m honestly not surprised. I have a lot of friends who are pretty popular animators in the FNAF community, and they go through similar pressure as well.

And yeah, a break is always nice. Hopefully it re-fuels him. If it doesn’t though, and he still doesn’t want to, I honestly feel he should stop if it’s mentally unhealthy for him.

I’m a bit confused about him saying he needs to “finish” the series, though? Unless I’m misinformed, I think he said he already finished it about 10 episodes in, then decided to continue in his own time.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
You think I don’t check the subreddit every day, fool?! /s

Jokes aside, yeah, it does suck, but I’m honestly not surprised. I have a lot of friends who are pretty popular animators in the FNAF community, and they go through similar pressure as well.

And yeah, a break is always nice. Hopefully it re-fuels him. If it doesn’t though, and he still doesn’t want to, I honestly feel he should stop if it’s mentally unhealthy for him.

I’m a bit confused about him saying he needs to “finish” the series, though? Unless I’m misinformed, I think he said he already finished it about 10 episodes in, then decided to continue in his own time.
Think it's the pressure speaking in part, he probably got a better idea for a finale, but when lots of peoples get lots of expectation on you, you think YOU MUST finish it on a bang, ya know?

Aside from that, it really suck the community can do this to hardworking fan. Even if the sudden amount of attention he got probably didn't help him adjusting in time, it's always hard when you go from a "nobody" to suddenly famous in a few videos/arts/etc..

Whatever he does, I hope he can do what he love without all the stress he is having, no one like or deserve working under those kind of conditions.

Last edited:

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
Awhile back, I gave a listen to some of Dissidia Final Fantasy NT's remixes. These happened to be some of my favorites:

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
It was a nice day out today so I went jogging for an hour or so and did some knee lifts to exercise my legs.

So yay for getting out of the house.

D

Deleted member

Me doing the thing I should have done when I started this damn secret project be like
D0963064-9288-4C1F-9114-FCFDC29E28D4.jpeg

D

Deleted member

Someone contacted me about some 3D work for a game. I’m honestly really excited.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Say, if I may ask: about Nintendo Directs, when are regular Directs usilually announced, as in time of day?

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I turned 21 today. I am at a bar on my second drink.
CHUG. CHUG. CHUG.

Though, in all seriousness, no in-depth talk of alcohol since we have under-agers. But enjoy your 21st!

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
It is done. I defeated El Diablo Hermano De Vergil and El Diablo Padre De Vergil. I've been blessed with the gift of life and the devil trigger's been pulled.

Dude Nice.png

I even got an A rank on Dante's Fight and an S on Nero's. First playthrough is done. I don't know when I'll do my second.

Seriously though, Vergil's fight was probably one of my favorite bosses in any game.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

CHUG. CHUG. CHUG.

Though, in all seriousness, no in-depth talk of alcohol since we have under-agers. But enjoy your 21st!
That’s a rule here?

Kinda figured, but this is the first time I’ve literally heard alcohol being brought up at all, so a bit of culture shock here.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
That’s a rule here?

Kinda figured, but this is the first time I’ve literally heard alcohol being brought up at all, so a bit of culture shock here.
It was when I wasn't a mod, so I assume it still is. It's because we allow users who are well below the drinking age and talking about it in-depth is a bad look.

Granted I'm not gonna, like, infract anyone for it. Unless it actually becomes an issue.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
80's Spider-Man is pretty enjoyable. Cheesy as hell, but some genuinely funny moments and actually consistent, which was my problem with the 90's Hulk cartoon. Unless I'm mistaken, it might be the, or at least ONE of, the first Superhero cartoons that has an overarching plot. Namely with Spider-Man and Doom's rivalry and setting Latvaria free.

I REALLY liked the animation in that episode with Captain America and Red Skull, it was done by Toei supposedly, but I dunno for sure. I wouldn't doubt it though, it looked like an 80's anime. I kind of want a Superhero show to have that retro aesthetic, but I know it'll never happen.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Discussing alchohol, to me, and likely everyone else, is okay to a point. Like, I wouldn't be going off and recommending brands, telling kids to drink and all that.

The mods here call it a rule, but it's one of the rules that they're more lenient on. It's one of those, "hey whatever, just don't make it a problem".

Least, from all the years I've been here, they've treated it so.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
CHUG. CHUG. CHUG.

This is the first time in years that I've seen a mod enforce the no alochol discussion rule.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Discussing alchohol, to me, and likely everyone else, is okay to a point. Like, I wouldn't be going off and recommending brands, telling kids to drink and all that.

The mods here call it a rule, but it's one of the rules that they're more lenient on. It's one of those, "hey whatever, just don't make it a problem".

Least, from all the years I've been here, they've treated it so.
That being said, I could go for some sweet wine or Mikes Hard right now and thats where Ill stop before I get booty blasted by a warning

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom