• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Oh, and also, the dabbing Blue Falcon is disgusting. I hope it's used in a meta way like Blue Falcon wanting to stay relevant but is old and behind the times, thus leading to the gang or whomever cringing at the sight of that.

I wanna have some hope for this movie, please.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Wademan94 Wademan94 You got any advice for posing arms? I've been sitting here for about an hour trying to think of a good position for the arms.
What kind of pose are you working with? Try to find a pose that works with the flow of the rest of the body. Also what kind of personality do they have as that can have a factor in how they carry themselves.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
What kind of pose are you working with? Try to find a pose that works with the flow of the rest of the body. Also what kind of personality do they have as that can have a factor in how they carry themselves.
I'm trying to go for a sort of casual pose. Tried looking up some refrences earlier. Apparently just googling "poses" is too vague because 1/3 images were *** poses.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I'm trying to go for a sort of casual pose. Tried looking up some refrences earlier. Apparently just googling "poses" is too vague because 1/3 images were *** poses.
So a pose that feels more relaxed, chilled out, something that doesn’t require a lot of energy on their part.

Also maybe type “arm” in front of the word “poses”

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
If, in your statement, you can swap out a category of person for a different category of person, and suddenly what you're saying sounds super bigoted, the secret is, the original thing you were saying was also bigoted.

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
So a pose that feels more relaxed, chilled out, something that doesn’t require a lot of energy on their part.

Also maybe type “arm” in front of the word “poses”
I was finally able to make a simple pose work without looking weird, so that's nice. Thanks for the help!

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
So Snake’s post reminded me that I wanted to try and see if I could categorize my Sonic Clash roster into similar categories, I put a couple spaces between the characters I’ve locked in and ones I’m still deciding on/potential guests.

Sonic the Hedgehog
Metal Sonic
Shadow the Hedgehog
Espio the Chameleon
Blaze the Cat
Classic Sonic
Honey the Cat
Chaos
Fang the Sniper/Nack the Weasel

Void
NiGHTS
Joker
Amy Rose
Knuckles the Echidna
E-123 Omega
Vector the Crocodile & Charmy the Bee
Big the Cat
Erazor Djinn
Sonic the Werehog
Zavok
Heavy King
Bark the Polar Bear
Mighty the Armadillo/Ray the Flying Squirrel

Captain Whisker/Johnny
Dark Chao Walker
Tangle the Lemur
Akira Yuki
Segata Sanshiro
Miles “Tails” Prowler
Dr. Eggman
Cream the Rabbit
Rouge the Bat
Silver the Hedgehog
Sticks the Badger
E-102 Gamma
Emerl
Mephiles the Dark
Merlina
Infinite
Classic Eggman
Bean the Dynamite

D-Fekt
Whisper the Wolf
Alex Kidd
Mega Man
Pac-Man

We’re doomed.
So does this seems like reasonable placements for each of these characters so far?

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Wademan94 Wademan94 Finally finished this lad!
081AC013-E4B6-4016-A546-B66C90F78922.jpeg

If you want some info on his personality, for like, a pose and such, let me know, and I’ll write a quick bio. Apologies for the low quality image, had to size it down.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Part of me wants to finally buy a PC Engine/Turbografx 16, the other part of me thinks it's a bad idea, especially with how stacked early 2020 is with new releases.

this is a good video
That thumbnail's giving me massive "Your Turn To Die" vibes with those color choices.

D

Deleted member

Yeah, he made the are Your Turn To Die style. Also, I thought I was thr only one here that knew about that game
Still waiting for the third (final?) chapter. I also really liked the "Shine" spin-off, especially because it gave the professor more screentime. To be honest, I'd even say I'm more invested in the YTTD characters than the ones from Danganrompa, at least the first one, can't comment on the sequels.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Still waiting for the third (final?) chapter. I also really liked the "Shine" spin-off, especially because it gave the professor more screentime. To be honest, I'd even say I'm more invested in the YTTD characters than the ones from Danganrompa, at least the first one, can't comment on the sequels.
My fav character is Kai but oof, the Professor is a VERY close second. What a horrible way to die. :'((

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

You've heard of monthly gacha subscriptions, now get ready for:
That amounts to $363,48 a year. Money well spent.

My fav character is Kai but oof, the Professor is a VERY close second. What a horrible way to die. :'((
Oh, Kai's great, too, probably my second favorite. He's got that passive-aggressiveness that's really enjoyable. Also his backstory.

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
So, I have this Mii, yeah? It's Cuphead with Sans' body. I named him God, and gave him the deepest voice possible. It is now time to terrorize Quick Play with this guy.
1580690746783.png

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
So in that Pokemon fangame i've been making fakemon for, I have a regional form for a fire starter (Tepig) and a Water starter (Piplup). I need a grass starter to fit the trio, any suggestions? It can't be Snivy or Turtwig, because I don't want to double up on generations (which is a shame, because I have a really good Turtwig idea).

D

Deleted member

Oh, Kai's great, too, probably my second favorite. He's got that passive-aggressiveness that's really enjoyable. Also his backstory.
>TFW someone mentions Kai and you don’t know which one they're referring to
CB245585-5B06-4807-954A-12717DD631B0.jpeg

THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE KAI IN THIS UNIVERSE, AND YOU’RE LOOKING AT HIM

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Almost done with DMC 5. Malphas and King Cerberus were fairly tough, but I eventually got the hang of them. I got an A rank on those two, surprisingly. Got an S rank on Urizen after that, since any re-tries might as well have been from starting the mission over. And I beat the DMC1 Boss crew. I think my Lizard Brain still can't handle all of Dante's Tech properly, but I'm starting to slightly get the hang of things. Though I can do pretty well with DSD, it's using the other weapons as well that messes me up, despite them also being pretty fun in their own right.

Got one of the Blue Orbs I was missing earlier on. Finally spent the Blue Orbs I can get in the upgrade menu. Gonna finish the two Vergil fights soon.

For a First playthough, I got more A and S ranks than I thought. Though there's a singular C rank that disgusts me.

Shroob

Sup?
I was considering picking up the Spyro trilogy on switch.

Then I remember I heard it has massive performance issues.

And then I remembered I'm not much of a fan of Spyro 2 and 3.

D

Deleted member

Tomorrow marks the day our class is going to quite literally start a "mock trial" project, actual court included.(aka an actual, licensed judge will help us)
Not looking super forward to this(and I may have to put my secret project + posting here in general on hold) but hey legal experience am I right? no?

Last edited by a moderator:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Tomorrow marks the day our class is going to quite literally start a "mock trial" project, actual court included.(aka an actual, licensed judge will help us)
Not looking super forward to this(and I may have to put my secret project + posting here in general on hold) but hey legal experience am I right? no?
ayooo we Ace Attorney now

D

Deleted member

ayooo we Ace Attorney now
Oh, this is the kinda stuff we do every month. Project Based Learning is something I've been accustomed to now, in fact this project is one of the less... hard to organize ones.
How about the time a couple months back when we created an entire theater setup and made a glorified talent show(cough COFFEE HOUSE COUGH) between all the Sophomore classes at a local opera-style theater. The teacher even said herself that the organization for that project is a nightmare, so many things need to be approved months in advance lol.
By this point, having an actual judge, in an actual courtroom, in an place where actual criminals have been put to trial, now that's nothing.
It helps that our city is pretty small, so our school has connections to basically any place in the city. I seriously doubt that there isn't anywhere we wouldn't be able to go(baring stuff like military zones or residential areas, for obvious reasons) with little to no trouble(hell that's a running joke here)

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

I just spent 20 minutes vacuuming up SAND. And the game didn’t even give me an achievement for it.

Best game ever. 10/10.
Who cares about achievements, honestly? At least for me, all achievements are are progression check marks in a meaningless box.
If anything, that kinda thing would reward you....if it wasn't a linear game. Most game devs don't need to assume you would even think of doing that, so why give you an award for doing so?

Or are you not talking about...like a text box with a bit of words on it that you can view, but a reward in-game, like an upgrade of sorts, in which case oops?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Who cares about achievements, honestly? At least for me, all achievements are are progression check marks in a meaningless box.
If anything, that kinda thing would reward you....if it wasn't a linear game. Most game devs don't need to assume you would even think of doing that, so why give you an award for doing so?

Or are you not talking about...like a text box with a bit of words on it that you can view, but a reward in-game, like an upgrade of sorts, in which case oops?
I mean, the LEAST it could have given me was a text box with words. But I would have loved if vacuuming all the sand led to some sort of secret.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom