• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
They gave ash a dragonite
1580050532128.jpeg

That’s so damn good! This season is really sweet.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Anyways, time for an update on my Nuzlocke. I just beat Misty, but at what cost?
1580051733710.png

Byleth was the second-strongest Pokemon on my team, shame to see him go. I don't know who's replacing him, probably Dedede due to being the same type.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Now if only we had an actual all-star mode.
To be fair I'd imagine All-Star Mode being more of when every Smasher made their appearance in the series.

N64::mario64::dk64::link64::samus64::yoshi64::kirby64::fox64::pikachu64::luigi64::ness64::falcon64::jigglypuff64:
Melee::peachmelee::bowsermelee::icsmelee::sheikmelee::zeldamelee::drmario::pichumelee::falcomelee::marthmelee::younglinkmelee::ganondorfmelee::mewtwomelee::roymelee::gawmelee:
Brawl::metaknight::pit::zerosuitsamus::wario::snake::ike::pt:(:squirtle::ivysaur::charizard:):diddy::lucas::sonic::dedede::olimar::lucario::rob::toonlink::wolf:
Sm4sh::4villager::4megaman::4wiifit::rosalina::4littlemac::4greninja::4miibrawl::4miigun::4miisword::4palutena::4darkpit::4pacman::4lucina::4robinm::4shulk::4bowserjr::4duckhunt::4ryu::4cloud::4corrin::4bayonetta:
Ultimate::ultinkling::ultdaisy::ultridley::ultsimon::ultrichter::ultchrom::ultdarksamus::ultkrool::ultisabelle::ultken::ultincineroar::ultpiranha::ultjoker::ulthero::ultbanjokazooie::ult_terry:Byleth

But honestly I'd be fine with whatever one they'd supposedly pick.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Byleth time in 37 hours, 5 minutes, 35 seconds, 34 seconds, 33 seconds, 32 seconds, 31 seconds...

Anyways, how are y'all doing this morning? Me, well...
I am still cooling off from yesterday's incident but from this day onward, I will be doing things differently here. Less posting of fan art, more speaking with you guys...that is, if it is a discussion I can easily chime in on such as a casual topic (speculation talk is something I ain't good at since I am not into gaming that much). Besides, it is time I do my own projects for once. If I ever do leave fan-art in the future it will be for the right reasons.

It leads me to say this: getting likes is nice but they do not keep your house warm. They do not pay bills. They do not help with your education, no **** like that. For a while I was so caught up on setting a goal relating to that I forgot the whole point of being on a social thread. It took the likes of Lamperouge Lamperouge and Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! to help me see that, and for that, I thank you and will remember this.

Instead of habitually leaving fan art, I shall close with a prayer that will hopefully keep y'all inspired.
Dear Jesus, may I experience the joy that comes from telling others about you and the Good News of your love and salvation. Fill me with your Holy Spirit and renew me each day with your precious Word. Amen.

Sayonara! :shyguy:

D

Deleted member

Byleth time in 37 hours, 5 minutes, 35 seconds, 34 seconds, 33 seconds, 32 seconds, 31 seconds...

Anyways, how are y'all doing this morning? Me, well...
I am still cooling off from yesterday's incident but from this day onward, I will be doing things differently here. Less posting of fan art, more speaking with you guys...that is, if it is a discussion I can easily chime in on such as a casual topic (speculation talk is something I ain't good at since I am not into gaming that much). Besides, it is time I do my own projects for once. If I ever do leave fan-art in the future it will be for the right reasons.
It leads me to say this: getting likes is nice but they do not keep your house warm. They do not pay bills. They do not help with your education, no **** like that. For a while I was so caught up on setting a goal relating to that I forgot the whole point of being on a social thread. It took the likes of Lamperouge Lamperouge and Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! to help me see that, and for that, I thank you and will remember this.

Instead of habitually leaving fan art, I shall close with a prayer that will hopefully keep y'all inspired.
Dear Jesus, may I experience the joy that comes from telling others about you and the Good News of your love and salvation. Fill me with your Holy Spirit and renew me each day with your precious Word. Amen.

Sayonara!:shyguy:
Hey, at least you’re trying, no?
although I dunno about leaving a prayer, but that may just be me

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I’m gonna keep it real with you, chief. I don’t know if I want to fight 75+ consecutive characters.
I’m with the guy below me. It would be a fun challenge. It might need more stages then the one in Smash 4. But it would be amazing.
Make that 80+ characters.

Honestly I'm down for the challenge. :smirk:
I’m thinking about running through it with every character.... oh my god, that will be a fun weekend!

D

Deleted member

The dream I had last night without context:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Just for funsies. All in chronological order.

80s::ultgnw::ultpacman::ultmario::ultdk::ultluigi::ultduckhunt::ulticeclimbers::ultrob::ultpeach::ultbowser::ultpiranha::ultlink::ultzelda::ultsamus::ultridley::ultsimon::ultpit::ultpalutena::ultsnake::ultryu::ultken::ultlittlemac::ultmegaman::ultdaisy:
90s::ultmarth::ultdoc::ultyoshi::ultfalcon::ultsonic::ult_terry::ultkirby::ultkingdedede::ultwario::ultfox::ultfalco::ultmetaknight::ultrichter::ultness::ultdiddy::ultkrool::ultpikachu::ultjigglypuff::ultmewtwo::ultpokemontrainer:(:ultsquirtle::ultivysaur::ultcharizard:):ultcloud::ultwolf::ultbanjokazooie::ultsheik::ultyounglink::ultganondorf::ultpichu:
2000s::ultvillager::ultolimar::ultroy::ultbowserjr::ultdarksamus::ulttoonlink::ultzss::ultike::ultlucario::ultlucas::ultbrawler::ultgunner::ultswordfighter::ultrosalina::ultwiifittrainer::ultbayonetta:
2010s::ultshulk::ultdarkpit::ultlucina::ultchrom::ultrobin::ultisabelle::ultgreninja::ultinkling::ultcorrin::ultjoker::ultincineroar::ulthero:Byleth
Wouldn't the arcade release of Punch-Out count for Mac? Cause that's how the game handles it, and dude would a fair bit earlier than a lot of other 80's characters.

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
****, I screwed up again didn’t I
If you meant the prayer thing from the Edith woman then yeah. If you're like me who has pretty valid and understanding reasons for not being a fan of stuff like it such as your country's history then yeah I understand.
If you're doing it on purpose or thinking its cringe then yeah, you ****ed up.

Last edited:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
We're in that state of Nintendo fandom right now where everyone's hungry for news but there's no clear sign of anything happening, so fans and ""insiders"" keep saying it's gonna be this week for sure. And then it doesn't end up happening and we all bet on it's next week for sure.

I mean, we'll get it right eventually. :p

D

Deleted member

If you meant the prayer thing from the Edith woman then yeah. If you're like me who has pretty valid and understanding reasons for not being a fan of stuff like it such as your country's history then yeah I understand.
If you're doing it on purpose or thinking its cringe then yeah, you ****ed up.
the last sentence, no, the second sentence yes
I don’t think prayers are cringe, hell no(joke intended)

Last edited by a moderator:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
We're in that state of Nintendo fandom right now where everyone's hungry for news but there's no clear sign of anything happening, so fans and ""insiders"" keep saying it's gonna be this week for sure. And then it doesn't end up happening and we all bet on it's next week for sure.

I mean, we'll get it right eventually. :p
Can't understand why especially given we have 80+ characters at this point especially with huge fan favorites such as:ultkrool::ultridley:and:ultbanjokazooie:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Can't understand why especially given we have 80+ characters at this point especially with huge fan favorites such as:ultkrool::ultridley:and:ultbanjokazooie:
It's not just Smash news that people are hungry for, man.

I'm personally itching to see anything new for Metroid and more footage of Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
It's not just Smash news that people are hungry for, man.

I'm personally itching to see anything new for Metroid and more footage of Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition.
Fair point. Really would like to know too if we'll get any Rare Replay or better yet remasters of Banjo-Kazooie and Tooie along with an sequel being ported to Switch.

D

Deleted member

And may I ask where you are from?
smack dab in the bible belt, Owensboro, KY.

being an atheist here has been a challenge, for lack of a better word.
It’s def not as bad down south, when I went there on a trip you couldn’t take a step without seeing a verse or message from the bible. I don’t hate them per say, just tuned them out a long time ago.

Last edited by a moderator:

MooMew64

There's really only five Nintendo fan groups who are being loud about the lack of a General Direct right now:

1. Smash fans who are still salty about Byleth and want to see FP6.
2. Smash fans who are just genuinely excited more characters are coming and would like to see FP6 ASAP before buying the new pass.
3. People who don't care about Smash and want to hear news about other Nintendo games.
4. Same as 3, but are people who don't care that a Pokemon Direct happened because they don't care about Pokemon.
5. Arlo just wants to see Pikmin 4, man.

D

Deleted member

There's really only five Nintendo fan groups who are being loud about the lack of a General Direct right now:

2. Smash fans who are just genuinely excited more characters are coming and would like to see FP6 ASAP before buying the new pass.
3. People who don't care about Smash and want to hear news about other Nintendo games.
4. Same as 3, but are people who don't care that a Pokemon Direct happened because they don't care about Pokemon.
And I’m over here in group 3:
I will be happy with anything, I just want news

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul

Indeed.

And just give the puppet man his Pikmin game already, Nintendo.

MooMew64

TBH, I'm really fine to just wait it out for the next General. For me personally, Nintendo has already got me covered for all of late winter and early spring with Byleth in Smash, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, and Animal Crossing. I honestly think they already have the beginning of the year schedule fully lined out now, and we might just be waiting until March again this year, as that would be the more opportune time to outline the summer plans.

And just give the puppet man his Pikmin game already, Nintendo.
I'm right there with him, TBH.

Gimme Pikmin, Nintendo, I'm desperate. I just want a portable Pikmin, I'll even take a port of 3, just gimme something. ; - ;

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
smack dab in the bible belt, Owensboro, KY.

being an atheist here has been a challenge, for lack of a better word.
Currently living. Northern Ireland. Which is as divided of religion as you can get between catholic and protestant and Irish/British ****.
It's why my generation, the first around the 1999 peace deal which ended three decades of violence between the sides, are increasingly atheist. Stuff like that means violence and stuff have a far less chance of coming back to where I live.

I may have spent about half of my life in both England and the Republic of Ireland but Northern Ireland I consider my home.
I've been to a few small towns in the bible belt and I can somewhat resonate with you on it. Just the gap here is why it's far more understandable for me.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Currently living. Northern Ireland. Which is as divided of religion as you can get between Catholic and Protestant and Irish/British ****.
It's why my generation, the first around the 1999 peace deal which ended three decades of violence between the sides, are increasingly atheist. It's why you had Catholic and Protestant Schools all that which have been fizzled out in time. Stuff like that means violence and stuff have a far less chance of coming back to where I live.

I may have spent about half of my life in both England and the Republic of Ireland but Northern Ireland I consider my home.
I've been to a few small towns in the bible belt and I can somewhat resonate with you on it. Just the gap here is why it's far more understandable for me.
One good thing about living quite literally on the border of your state is that the super radical type don’t really appear that often. Owensboro even has a few schools that aren’t religious in the slightest, and are actually really good schools(cough OIA, aka Owensboro Innovation Academy)
Also the fact that the city is super small means that travel between two locations isn’t super hard; especially for bikes or on foot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom