• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Damn, not even be a few days and I already want to change my profile pic to something else.

I'm just as bad as some of you guys.

D

Deleted member

Damn, not even be a few days and I already want to change my profile pic to something else.

I'm just as bad as some of you guys.
There is no shame in that. I tend to change mine once a week.

Well, good night, kids. Starting tomorrow, I promise to drop my bad habits on here and just enjoy speaking with y'all when I can. :yoshi:

Dutch Raikuna

Boom. Changed profile pic to the best scene in the Men in Black trilogy. Watched the films today for the first time in about 4/5 years.

Last edited:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
This is pretty much what Smash fans wanted the 4th game's roster to be: (Found this on Know Your Meme.)
Smash Roster.png
(I also censored the swearing below and added a couple of things to it.)

Dutch Raikuna

This is pretty much what Smash fans wanted the 4th game's roster to be: (Found this on Know Your Meme.)
Someone should make an Ultimate version of this.
It does hit a truth though. People like us are the "passionate" side of the fanbase who would criticise and analyse each other character and stuff but we are only a moderate slice of the sales pie.
The bigger slice of the family crowd and stuff frankly only want a fun game to play. The vast majority honestly don't care who is in. They only know is if the game is good for wee Jimmy and not violent and goes well with Mario Kart or FIFA.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Someone should make an Ultimate version of this.
It does hit a truth though. People like us are the "passionate" side of the fanbase who would criticise and analyse each other character and stuff but we are only a moderate slice of the sales pie.
The bigger slice of the family crowd and stuff frankly only want a fun game to play. The vast majority honestly don't care who is in. They only know is if the game is good for wee Jimmy and not violent and goes well with Mario Kart or FIFA.
What would the Ultimate version look like?

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
damn Snake vs. Joker is a hot garbage MU for the former lmao

Dutch Raikuna

What would the Ultimate version look like?
"Why a mob character?"
"Daisy over Waluigi?!"
"Yeah a few more wanted characters in!"
"Of course Inkling was going to be a lock."
"Another Fire Emblem character?"

I don't know really. Someone can do this better than me without starting an inferno.

Last edited:

Raxxel

NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Salem Hero is soooooo siiiiick

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Truly, what would ya s worked best is a balance between the two, which I think Ultimate has done a good job striking. Although, I will admit, there still aren’t a lot of girls.

And let’s not get started in racial minority representation, whoo boy.

Raxxel

NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
aw and he dead.

Ah well. At least he gave Light a run for his money.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
That statement on female though...

This is why I fight.
People here didn't complain about the quantity of female characters. That post was made for 4chan, with 4chan as the target. So if you're going to keep up the "fight", you might as well prosthelytize to people who, y'know, actually disagree with you.

The only thing people here take issue with are your methods and rhetoric, with all the generalizations and whatnot. No one is against female characters being added, should they be seen as characters with merit. "Fight" against those who take issue with the underlying message if you wanna fight. You're displacing your efforts focusing them here.

If these kids have apparently played Xenoblade and FE: Awakening, they don't have any business saying they don't know a single one of those characters on the right other than Mewtwo. xD

Shroob

Sup?
People here didn't complain about the quantity of female characters. That post was made for 4chan, with 4chan as the target. So if you're going to keep up the "fight", you might as well prosthelytize to people who, y'know, actually disagree with you.

The only thing people here take issue with are your methods and rhetoric, with all the generalizations and whatnot. No one is against female characters being added, should they be seen as characters with merit. "Fight" against those who take issue with the underlying message if you wanna fight. You're displacing your efforts focusing them here.

If these kids have apparently played Xenoblade and FE: Awakening, they don't have any business saying they don't know a single one of those characters on the right other than Mewtwo. xD
Not gonna lie though

1580015353083.png

That's a hella mood

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom