• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I said a new world. Not a new continent.

I won't fault anyone for wanting a new Pokemon or Bandana Dee or anything like that, there's nothing wrong with that. But as the characters I want most (aside from Crash, Geno, and possibly Heihachi) are never gonna happen, I get the most joy from Smash's DLC exposing me to a new world and a new series I can mini-obsess over for a month or two before returning to indifference on the franchise.
one (1) single pocket monster won’t impede the five other characters that’ll probably be wacky third parties.

im tellin ya they’re gonna do what they did in the first pass. Five ridiculous hype third parties, and a Pokémon at the end.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
one (1) single pocket monster won’t impede the five other characters that’ll probably be wacky third parties.

im tellin ya they’re gonna do what they did in the first pass. Five ridiculous hype third parties, and a Pokémon at the end.
I know. I know. It's just...... couldn't it be some new first party franchise not already on the roster instead? Rhythm Heaven, Mach Rider, Famicom Detective Club, Wonderful 101, Eternal Darkness, something! There's still so much new they can do.

But hey, If a new Pokemon is added to the roster, then I'll be happy for you and anyone else who is hyped. Genuinely. I'm just.... fragile.... right now.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
https://www.gamesradar.com/smash-bros-ultimate-doom-guy-nintendo-id/

Looks like Doom is already off the tabel. Unless they're lying but I don't know why they would do that. Dang it, one of my predictions is wrong and we haven't even gotten any reveals yet. I guess I change it to Master Chief.....

I don't know why but I just suddenly feel super demotivated and sad. Like, I just crashed.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I know. I know. It's just...... couldn't it be some new first party franchise not already on the roster instead? Rhythm Heaven, Mach Rider, Famicom Detective Club, Wonderful 101, Eternal Darkness, something! There's still so much new they can do.
And they could do all that, while also adding a Pokémon. It’s not mutually exclusive.
But hey, If a new Pokemon is added to the roster, then I'll be happy for you and anyone else who is hyped. Genuinely. I'm just.... fragile.... right now.
I dunk on you a lot, because you honestly bring it on yourself if I’m being completely honest. But if you’ll allow me to be genuine for a moment.

You should really try and stop latching onto video games like this. Enjoy them, obviously. But if a game announcement you find uninteresting could cause you significant mental distress, well that’s not very healthy.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Real talk, would Rillaboom work? They always have their huge drums in front of them, I wonder how Sakurai would work that in.
I feel like people wouldn't try to find a solution for how awkward Rillaboom would be if it wasn't for those bloody "we need a grass starter" and "Baboom win" memes.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
And they could do all that, while also adding a Pokémon. It’s not mutually exclusive.

I dunk on you a lot, because you honestly bring it on yourself if I’m being completely honest. But if you’ll allow me to be genuine for a moment.

You should really try and stop latching onto video games like this. Enjoy them, obviously. But if a game announcement you find uninteresting could cause you significant mental distress, well that’s not very healthy.
I know. I'm trying to find ways to not... have that happen. I'm raising plants, I'm trying to get out there and socialize. I'm talking to a therapist. I just.... need time. It's hard to undo 21 years of malformed social skills and anxiety.

Shroob

Sup?
I feel like people wouldn't try to find a solution for how awkward Rillaboom would be if it wasn't for those bloody "we need a grass starter" and "Baboom win" memes.
Is it really that odd?

It carries around the drum with it already as is. Could legit see it as like a sorta Fire Hydrant/Tree scenario where you can put it down on a spot on the stage and then that's 'your' zone. If your opponent wants to challenge you, they have to respect the drum.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Is it really that odd?

It carries around the drum with it already as is. Could legit see it as like a sorta Fire Hydrant/Tree scenario where you can put it down on a spot on the stage and then that's 'your' zone. If your opponent wants to challenge you, they have to respect the drum.
I'm probably letting my belief that there are bigger omissions when it comes to Smash's Pokemon selection than some blatant quota character cloud my judgment TBH.

Shroob

Sup?
I'm probably letting my belief that there are bigger omissions when it comes to Smash's Pokemon selection than some blatant quota character cloud my judgment TBH.
I mean we know for a fact that Greninja and Incineroar were reserved spots, they weren't even picked out to begin with, they were just placeholder spots of "Gen 6/7 Pokemon".

I'm not saying Gen 8 has to happen, but this is the first gen in awhile where all 3 starters feel likely tbh.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Is it really that odd?

I just

I just want a down air where he spikes you with the drum.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Look at this glorious Joker gameplay!

I'm officially sold. I was disappointed at first of Joker getting in over Pennywise (Which is understandable anyways given Warner Bros. already owns the rights to both DC and Mortal Kombat and they only distribute IT) but after seeing gameplay of him. He looks really fun to play! Never knew how perfect Joker fit into Mortal Kombat! :grin:

Could also be because I'm still fond of the 2019 movie too which truly caught the character in spirit.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
https://www.gamesradar.com/smash-bros-ultimate-doom-guy-nintendo-id/

Looks like Doom is already off the tabel. Unless they're lying but I don't know why they would do that. Dang it, one of my predictions is wrong and we haven't even gotten any reveals yet. I guess I change it to Master Chief.....

I don't know why but I just suddenly feel super demotivated and sad. Like, I just crashed.
While it does seem to hurt his chances, developer interviews have been a mixed bag in terms of giving us accurate information about what third party characters are getting in. On one hand, they gave us direct statements that (as far as major figures behind the games knew) Snake wasn't returning to Smash 4, and Nintendo never approached Capcom about adding Mega Man to Brawl. On the other hand...

https://twitter.com/grantkirkhope/status/1134519914666979328?lang=en
http://www.vgchat.com/archive/threa...-or-want-Sonic-to-be-in-Brawl-read-this.shtml (can't find the original source - Laurent Fischer was Nintendo of Europe's marketing director)

Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
i'm series director masahiro sakurai, here with a special update on fighter's pass vol 2

1579831289938.png

Noipoi

Howdy!
So anyone think an Nintendo Direct will be announced Tuesday or sometime in February?
February for sure. Probably around the second week.

It’d make sense to have a character already announced once the second pass is available, as a sort of “Not convinced? How’s this!” Reveal to get people buying passes. But I guess they’re alright with people not buying the second pass for a couple weeks :drshrug:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
February for sure. Probably around the second week.

It’d make sense to have a character already announced once the second pass is available, as a sort of “Not convinced? How’s this!” Reveal to get people buying passes. But I guess they’re alright with people not buying the second pass for a couple weeks :drshrug:
Alright that'd be an exciting week then. Next character reveal along with seeing the Sonic movie!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom