• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Big Legend (2018) Commentary:

You don't want them to go away? What? So you'd rather keep hearing your fiancees final scream which she died on that night?

Oh nevermind I get it now. You want answers that makes more sense now.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

Well no duh lady something out there happened that's unexplained. His fiancee got taken by a damn Bigfoot!

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

And of course. The bigfoot walks pass by him just as he turns around from getting water from the river.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

What is he Wolverine? Just moments after the Bigfoot walked passed by him while he was looking he suddenly sensed its presence dropping his water bottle and taking his gun out prepared.
Why is Mike talking about Bigfoot

Is he ok
Currently doing a movie commentary.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Hot take..... I think.

I really don’t like the naming conventions from the snes, n64, and gameboy advance. Sure, at the time it was handy “this is the Metroid for the SUPER Nintendo, this is the Mario for the N64, this is THE Sonic for the Game Boy ADVANCED”. But it just feels so clunky when posting them to other systems or god forbid when doing a remake. Why is it still called Mario 64 when it’s on the DS?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

If you went back to the forest to find answers for your fiancees disappearance and death. Wouldn't it made sense to bring some camping equipment like an tent since I imagine you'll be staying until you find said answer?

Shroob

Sup?
Hot take..... I think.

I really don’t like the naming conventions from the snes, n64, and gameboy advance. Sure, at the time it was handy “this is the Metroid for the SUPER Nintendo, this is the Mario for the N64, this is THE Sonic for the Game Boy ADVANCED”. But it just feels so clunky when posting them to other systems or god forbid when doing a remake. Why is it still called Mario 64 when it’s on the DS?
Nostalgia cash in.

Mario DS, sells

Mario 64 DS, "hey, I played that growing up!"

D

Deleted member

Observation #2: ShinyLegendary sometimes retweets some good ****. Look at what I shall use for my avatar. Anyone here like my choice?

There was a problem fetching the tweet

And I know it is N64 Smash's 21st anniversary today. Shikashi, it is someone else's birthday today. The more you know...

Um...sayonara. :yoshi:

Last edited by a moderator:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

Yeah...I'm calling ******** on that. There's no way the Bigfoot could had attacked and then this guy appears and asks the other guy "Car trouble chief?". Unless...

Dun, dun, dun maybe he's the Bigfoot! Its a Scooby-Doo where he's wearing a Bigfoot costume!

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
Hot take..... I think.

What about Kirby Triple Deluxe? This title was a little clever with the naming convention.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

A beer? Really a beer? That's the first thing to come to mind when you just met and in a tense situation like this?

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
So anyways, I think I’ve decided on my final partners for both teams in my Paper Mario game. I decided to go with a Boomboxer from Super Paper Mario as partner like a bard character, for Mario. I’ll let you know Peach’s later but for now I could use some help working on attacks and potential field abilities for this guy. So as I said before he will use songs from various Mario or even Nintendo games for different effects, here’s what I have so far:
-Tune of Travels (SMB3 Warp Whistle) summons a tornado that can damage or makes enemies dizzy in battle

-Symphony of Slumber (SM64 Piranha Plant’s Lullaby): puts enemies/NPCs to sleep

-Chorus of Chance (SMW Bonus Room) spawns a roulette that can give certain effects

-Cacophony of Confusion (Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy) confuses all enemies

-Refrain of Remedy (Dr. Mario Fever) cures status ailments

-Harmony of Healing (Inside the Castle Walls) summons a special peach fruit that restores HP

And here’s some potential effects that I could use some help thinking of songs for:
-increase attack/defense
-let Mario have another turn
-make enemy attacks miss
-shrink enemies

If you have ideas for songs or other effects and such, feel free to suggest anything.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

Missing all time?

If that was the case why isn't the forest more known for that and wouldn't those disappearances also be on the news more often? Also wouldn't it be forbidden in that case to prevent more disappearances?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Yeah, the naming conventions don't translate to remakes well, true. But they did fine back then as is. Only some games just didn't work out at all, since they were too generic.

Super Mario 64 DS suffers in a way, but it's also accurate to some degree. That said, the game had design problems well beyond a silly name.

D

Deleted member

Okay, just one more thing. Assuming you guys have not seen it before, would y'all take a look at one more thing someone made? Anything look familiar to y'all?

Before I get that urge to ****post (which I am not known for) I shall leave for now. :yoshi:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

Yikes when you see a human skull in a place. You know that's an cue to get the **** out of there as fast as you can!

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Wow Fighter Pass 2 is honestly looking really good.
Forgive them mother, they know not what they do.
It’s so nice if Sakurai to allow characters like Mario in his Fire Emblem fighting game.
Seriously, at this point, he probably should go make a Fire Emblem fighter. Do it up in like a SoulCalibur style and it could be.... interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom