• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Draft dodger? Like military draft? If so then I guess you don’t live in the us.
Technically speaking the U.S does have a draft, but right now it’s more a “just in case” rather than an official draft. You’re required to sign up for it, and if needed can be drafted, but right now there isn’t any reason for a draft, so atm it’s more like a list of people who can fight in a war.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I am unironically more hyped for The Edge Of Dawn in Smash Bros. than Byleth in Smash Bros. Not that that’s a bad thing.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Technically speaking the U.S does have a draft, but right now it’s more a “just in case” rather than an official draft. You’re required to sign up for it, and if needed can be drafted, but right now there isn’t any reason for a draft, so atm it’s more like a list of people who can fight in a war.
Yeah. And men are forced to sign up and women aren’t and I want to sue to get my name taken out.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Draft dodger? Like military draft? If so then I guess you don’t live in the us.
Nope. I thought it's pretty obvious that English is not my first language.

Anyway, it's no big deal, I just need to prove I'm a student. But it's a lot of boring work and I shouldn't have to do it in the first place.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I started playing DMC3. Here are my thoughts.

-I like the gameplay, but it's tough.
-Dante is a cool dude. F to his pizza shop.
-This is the first game I've ever played on a Playstation console, so I'm not used to the controls. It's closer to Xbox controls than Nintendo controls, so that's an extra bit of muscle memory I need to adjust to.

Overall: It's a good game (from the first ~30 minuites I played).

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
honestly, one of the best things about a character getting in Smash is the abundance of fan art that follows

There was a pretty decent amount of Byleth art beforehand, but now I'm flooded with tons of potential future avatars left and right

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
We didn't get anything from Terry. What makes you think we'll get anything from Byleth?

Seems Nintendo is making sure of it nothing gets leaked again.
I don’t think it’s terribly likely, but with Byletth will like come place holder stuff for the future characters which could maybe lead to them slipping up. It’s probably not happening though

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I don’t think it’s terribly likely, but with Byletth will like come place holder stuff for the future characters which could maybe lead to them slipping up. It’s probably not happening though
I really wish they would make it a game. Include esoteric code names for all 6 characters in the code so we can try to figure it out. Kind of like the games we played with Brave.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I really wish they would make it a game. Include esoteric code names for all 6 characters in the code so we can try to figure it out. Kind of like the games we played with Brave.
Would be fun but a lot of the code names led to pretty obvious answers answers like banjo being buddy because it’s him and Kazooie, terry’s I don’t remember but i know people made a good connection with it.

Granted we could figure out the code names but we wouldn’t know if they were truly real until it happens, so it could still be fun

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Would be fun but a lot of the code names led to pretty obvious answers answers like banjo being buddy because it’s him and Kazooie, terry’s I don’t remember but i know people made a good connection with it.

Granted we could figure out the code names but we wouldn’t know if they were truly real until it happens, so it could still be fun
I still want them to do it the way Smashified did it. The codenames were super vague (Sceptile’s was “not furry”) and they gave hints leading up to it that start just as vague as the Codename but the closer we get to the reveal the more obvious it gets. Maybe not to the extent that Smashified did it because they got really obvious near the end. But I still think it would be fun and more engaging for the community then just “something is coming”.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Also for those interested the **** Vergeben leaked as I’m going to refer to them from now on because it’s funny; is locking down crash for fighter 6 still and says they don’t have info on any future characters atm

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Also for those interested the **** Vergeben leaked as I’m going to refer to them from now on because it’s funny; is locking down crash for fighter 6 still and says they don’t have info on any future characters atm
Crash makes enough sense to kick off FP2.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
The only question is whether this MandyCan is has good insider or not as this is the first time we've all heard of him/her.

I'd love for the first character in this pass to be Crash. I hope its true.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Please Verge. Be right. You usually are. Give me my orange boy.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Off to the complex to work out. Might still talk while there but probably not as much as I'll be on my phone.

See you guys later.

MilkCalf

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
2739-5061-8025
I kinda wish there were more girls in competitive Smash. I understand why there aren't, but it's making me more uncertain about any potential tourney trips. I already have social anxiety. Though then again, I can be pretty hopeless around women too. Either being uncomfortable because I think they are just there to flirt with guys or I stress about them thinking I'm a weird for being so unfeminine.
I saw a single match on youtube with a girl playing and she had huge breasts, colored hair, was lightly dressed and flirted to the camera. Not my favourite first impression of competitive Smash women.

Aww ****, I was really looking forward to Fates and now I hear it doesn't have good story...
I’m a Banjo and Snake main through and through. Learn the characters you love, is what I always say.
Is your name related to Snake or is that just a coincidence?

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Crash makes enough sense to kick off FP2.
True, but he would still be a surprise. They definitely will kick off with someone big.
Please Verge. Be right. You usually are. Give me my orange boy.
Verge isn’t the leaker here. It’s someone named Mandy but the twitter bio they have says **** vergeben lol which is why I called them that.

They either got lucky or leaked Byleth back in October and some other things. So they are worth watching for now

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I'm honestly satisfied with DLC since I got Byleth, so they can throw whoever they want in FP2 for all I care.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
This popped up on my google reccomended and I dunno what to think.

(they think Steve is the next fighter because of Sakurai playing Minecraft. *Sigh*)
https://comicbook.com/gaming/amp/2020/01/19/super-smash-bros-ultimate-dlc-nintendo-switch-minecraft/
Comic Book.com is not a reliable source (they seem to post articles about any bit of news, no matter how little there is to verify that it's true), and anyone could make an account, create a Mii like what Sakurai used for Miiverse on the Wii U, and claim to be Sakurai's account.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I kinda wish there were more girls in competitive Smash. I understand why there aren't, but it's making me more uncertain about any potential tourney trips. I already have social anxiety. Though then again, I can be pretty hopeless around women too. Either being uncomfortable because I think they are just there to flirt with guys or I stress about them thinking I'm a weird for being so unfeminine.
I saw a single match on youtube with a girl playing and she had huge breasts, colored hair, was lightly dressed and flirted to the camera. Not my favourite first impression of competitive Smash women.

Aww ****, I was really looking forward to Fates and now I hear it doesn't have good story...

Why yes it is! I came up with it when I had to make a MyNintendo account to by Smash3DS DLC. At the time, Snake was my main and I was super excited for the recently leaked Ryu. So, SnakeFighter. Banjo’s actually in there too because he was on the N64. That’s why I picked the number at least.
True, but he would still be a surprise. They definitely will kick off with someone big.

Verge isn’t the leaker here. It’s someone named Mandy but the twitter bio they have says **** vergeben lol which is why I called them that.

They either got lucky or leaked Byleth back in October and some other things. So they are worth watching for now
I can only imagine and try not to get my hopes up. But a Crash reveal at the beginning of the direct and then a Geno one at the end..... people would finally shut up about Byleth.

And once Geno gets in anyone who says someone is another “big community want that’s always been there” is lying out their ass. It was always Ridley, K. Rool, Geno, and Banjo.

Teeb147

Smash Legend

That sounds untypical. Most women I've seen playing smash are more nerdy or plain, not super feminine and dressing up. Well, I guess it depends on the places. There's trans women too.

I understand social anxiety, though most smash players are pretty easy to be around. Maybe you can build up comfort by going to smaller stuff first, .. or just daring and trying somewhere for the heck of it ;p

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
And once Geno gets in anyone who says someone is another “big community want that’s always been there” is lying out their ass. It was always Ridley, K. Rool, Geno, and Banjo.
I mean, I'd say Isaac's up there in the ranks, too

he was put in the grinch leak for a reason

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
This popped up on my google reccomended and I dunno what to think.

(they think Steve is the next fighter because of Sakurai playing Minecraft. *Sigh*)
https://comicbook.com/gaming/amp/2020/01/19/super-smash-bros-ultimate-dlc-nintendo-switch-minecraft/
That’s not Sakurai and I have no idea why people thought this yesterday:
Why yes it is! I came up with it when I had to make a MyNintendo account to by Smash3DS DLC. At the time, Snake was my main and I was super excited for the recently leaked Ryu. So, SnakeFighter. Banjo’s actually in there too because he was on the N64. That’s why I picked the number at least.

I can only imagine and try not to get my hopes up. But a Crash reveal at the beginning of the direct and then a Geno one at the end..... people would finally shut up about Byleth.

considerjng they just announced the pass, we probably don’t get a double reveal, especially if the direct is before Byleth releases.

I completely agree on the never ever statement though. No one will ever top Ridley, banjo, K rook, and geno. They were there the longest and had more support then any other fandom. No character is ever coming close to their demand

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
So Amazon was taking forever to ship out Tokyo mirage sessions so I cancelled from them and ordered from a third party seller who was selling the game for significantly cheaper than what Amazon was selling it for.

Because of this I had a bit of extra cash on my Amazon account and decided to cave in and buy Dragon quest heroes 2, so ultimately my frustration with Amazon turned out for the best because I got 2 games instead of 1.

I am unironically more hyped for The Edge Of Dawn in Smash Bros. than Byleth in Smash Bros. Not that that’s a bad thing.
Yeah, that's all I really wanted for smash DLC in terms of music.

MilkCalf

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
2739-5061-8025
That sounds untypical. Most women I've seen playing smash are more nerdy or plain, not super feminine and dressing up. Well, I guess it depends on the places. There's trans women too.

I understand social anxiety, though most smash players are pretty easy to be around. Maybe you can build up comfort by going to smaller stuff first, .. or just daring and trying somewhere for the heck of it ;p
Yeah, I understand I'm probably worrying over nothing. I just super easily compare myself to others and imagine everyone judging me in their heads. And I'm trans so I tend to worry about being less of a woman than others and being shunned. Probably doesn't help that I never really hang around other women so I feel even more of an outsider.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
considerjng they just announced the pass, we probably don’t get a double reveal, especially if the direct is before Byleth releases.

I completely agree on the never ever statement though. No one will ever top Ridley, banjo, K rook, and geno. They were there the longest and had more support then any other fandom. No character is ever coming close to their demand
You never know. They were able to reveal Banjo WAY in advance.

D

Deleted member

Comic Book.com is not a reliable source (they seem to post articles about any bit of news, no matter how little there is to verify that it's true), and anyone could make an account, create a Mii like what Sakurai used for Miiverse on the Wii U, and claim to be Sakurai's account.
That’s exactly what I’m saying lmao

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul

My boy Sakurai sunk 275 hours into Xenoblade 2 and he still won't put Rex in Smash?

The ****, dude?

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Yeah, I understand I'm probably worrying over nothing. I just super easily compare myself to others and imagine everyone judging me in their heads. And I'm trans so I tend to worry about being less of a woman than others and being shunned. Probably doesn't help that I never really hang around other women so I feel even more of an outsider.
Ah I see. I can understand that, and I'm sorry to hear. It's not easy to get over how the mind can race, but in the end you are who you are, and that's ok, and most people don't pay as much mind as we think, even if there's a few that might judge in their heads, that's their limitations, and you're allowed to be how you are even so. Most players are more focused on the game, so there isn't really as much to worry as you think, though being trans means knowing that not everyone will understand, and carrying on with your life knowing it's ok in any case.
But I get it, and I know it can take time to grow more comfortable and everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom