• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Someone from the CCI Thread said :ultcorrin:'s a hated character from a divisive game. Why is that? I never played FE games.
Corrin's such a perfect character who can literally do no wrong and everyone who hates them must be evil.

Basically, dumb writing, bad writing, lots of controversial stuff in the game due to it's incredibly Japanese nature and rushed writing, having Corrin drug a lesbian to turn her straight, forced children mechanic that makes the cast less likeable as they become neglectful parents who simply care about having more soldiers despite being literal ****ing kids, a ****ton of incestual bull****, having to buy all 3 versions for the full story, Revelations having bull**** gimmicks for the maps instead of good map design and probably a hell of a lot more I'm forgetting

TLDR The game wasn't very good and cultural differences certainly didn't help

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Someone from the CCI Thread said :ultcorrin:'s a hated character from a divisive game. Why is that? I never played FE games.
Corrin is "emblematic" of what most Fire Emblem characters started to hate about modern Fire Emblem.
  • Dumb chosen one nonsense, wherein his strength is just given to him as a result of his birth
  • An extraordinarily bland personality
  • A level of intelligence so low, he makes most shonen protagonists geniuses by comparison
  • Characters which only exist to love him
  • Any criticism of the character is made by people who are completely evil and unabashadly in the wrong
  • The continued obsession with shipping units in tactical war game and having their children and having *those* children in turn shipped, which is all poorly justified and doesn't serve a purpose to the plot
  • Zero character growth
  • Going with obviously evil plans made by his family
  • Revelations and Birthright 2/3 of his games being poorly balanced and far too easy
  • A golden ending which removes all decision-making for the sake of making a happy choice where both sides are happy...
It feels like a game made to cash in on the success of Fire Emblem Awakening rather than the developers actually giving a damn about creating an interesting story. At least playing the game is fun, especially Conquest, but the story is seriously one of the worst in FE, only comparable to the gacha, which, to be fair, is a GACHA.

Honestly, I could go on, but you probably get the point.
On the bright side though, he gave birth to the most hilarious abridged FE series of all time.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
*It's complicated and messy*

IIrc, to put it as simply as I remember it, one of the female characters goes gaga whenever she sees another pretty girl, which makes her fight less well on the battlefield.

Corrin puts something in her drink to make her see Corrin as a female to help her through this, but the problem is Corrin didn't tell her that he was gonna do this, so it sounds a little date-**** ish.

The 'intentions' are good, but the writing could have been a million times less 'oh', if they had just, ya know, told her he was gonna do this.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Corrin is "emblematic" of what most Fire Emblem characters started to hate about modern Fire Emblem.
  • Dumb chosen one nonsense, wherein his strength is just given to him as a result of his birth
  • An extraordinarily bland personality
  • A level of intelligence so low, he makes most shonen protagonists geniuses by comparison
  • Characters which only exist to love him
  • Any criticism of the character is made by people who are completely evil and unabashadly in the wrong
  • The continued obsession with shipping units in tactical war game and having their children and having *those* children in turn shipped, which is all poorly justified and doesn't serve a purpose to the plot
  • Zero character growth
  • Going with obviously evil plans made by his family
  • Revelations and Birthright 2/3 of his games being poorly balanced
  • A golden ending which removes all decision-making for the sake of making a happy choice where both sides are happy...
It feels like a game made to cash in on the success of Fire Emblem Awakening rather than the developers actually giving a damn about creating an interesting story. At least playing the game is fun, especially Conquest, but the story is seriously one of the worst in FE, only comparable to the gacha, which, to be fair, is a GACHA.

Honestly, I could go on, but you probably get the point.
On the bright side though, he gave birth to the most hilarious abridged FE series of all time.
When Hans called Corrin a ****ing Goomba

I felt that

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
*It's complicated and messy*

IIrc, to put it as simply as I remember it, one of the female characters goes gaga whenever she sees another pretty girl, which makes her fight less well on the battlefield.

Corrin puts something in her drink to make her see Corrin as a female to help her through this, but the problem is Corrin didn't tell her that he was gonna do this, so it sounds a little date-**** ish.

The 'intentions' are good, but the writing could have been a million times less 'oh', if they had just, ya know, told her he was gonna do this.
that was actually proven to not even be true

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Apparently Fates is big trash
Aaaaactally, coming from someone who put 300 hours into it:

Fates is not a bad game as a whole. It has weaknesses, but it also has it's highlights. It honestly just depends on how much you hate the admittedly weak story; the core gameplay was good enough for me to ignore it.

Just my opinion, though.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
that was actually proven to not even be true
I mean, I've seen a lot of the supposed translations online.

I seriously 'don't' think it's a "corrin was trying to turn her straight" as a lot of people read it as since, iirc, it's all about trying to overcome the fact she gets weaker when she sees a pretty woman and she wants to overcome this weakness, but it's a bit squicky regardless.

There's also the fact that, iirc, Soliel actually can't S rank with any female units, which makes me think "She's not as much gay as she is the stereotypical female knight who loves fair maidens" trope.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I mean, I've seen a lot of the supposed translations online.

I seriously 'don't' think it's a "corrin was trying to turn her straight" as a lot of people read it as since, iirc, it's all about trying to overcome the fact she gets weaker when she sees a pretty woman and she wants to overcome this weakness, but it's a bit squicky regardless.

There's also the fact that, iirc, Soliel actually can't S rank with any female units, which makes me think "She's not as much gay as she is the stereotypical female knight who loves fair maidens" trope.
I honestly cant stand Soleil. Shes like her dad be way less charming

Shroob

Sup?
The big issue I have with saying "Soleil is undeniably gay" is that ALL of her S rank supports are with men, which all end in marriage, and she has 0 with women.

That and, Fates is the first game in the series to introduce gay marriage, like... if they wanted to, they could have easily done that, but all her marriage options are with men.

She may be bi-curious sure, but, I mean, the facts are right there.

Last edited:

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Wizzy in grand finals of an A tier.

You love to see it.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Also the most disappointing thing about Byletth is no good silvagunner remix of Three Houses music yet like this classic:

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Damn. Still happy for him though, 2nd place at an A tier is damn good.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Felicia and Silas were my favorite characters in Fates...but Azura singing was always a blessing
8 more days until Byleth. Just a little over a week to go.
2 days after the Royal Rumble. So if this years show is terrible, then Byleth makes up for it...if the Rumble is good then I gain a double win

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Dude I swear to god I'm such a toxic Junkrat player. Whenever I am being healed by a Mercy and see that she died, I immediately hunt down the killer, even if I die in the process. Like, **** everything else, you killed my healer.
big_1553680271_image.jpg

Big trouble now...

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Dude I swear to god I'm such a toxic Junkrat player. Whenever I am being healed by a Mercy and see that she died, I immediately hunt down the killer, even if I die in the process. Like, **** everything else, you killed my healer.

Big trouble now...
Doesn't read as a toxic player to me.

It just show you played TF2 for a very, very long time.

In other words:

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
8 more days until Byleth. Just a little over a week to go.
And the direct
:p.

Im curious upon thinking though, will they skip up with the dataminers? Probably not but there’s a lot more data to go into this patch so maybe. Either way speculation could pick again and be fun depending on our next reveal and when it is

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
And the direct
:p.

Im curious upon thinking though, will they skip up with the dataminers? Probably not but there’s a lot more data to go into this patch so maybe. Either way speculation could pick again and be fun depending on our next reveal and when it is
Yeah as soon as Byleth drops, the dataminers will already be on the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom