• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I mean, I feel like there’s a bit of irony in me liking this since I’ve been working on moves for freaking Milotic for my Cynthia moveset but at least you can make the excuse that as a water type Pokémon she can generate her own water to slide across the stage and boost herself to jump.
I still want a Pokémon Trainer style Giovanni.

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
The last few times it was closed were because of a troll hopping in, someone picking a fight with Fatman, or both, and things escalating from there.
You'd think they'd just deal with the **** starter instead of locking the entire thread because people got pissed at the person starting ****

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Apparently, not only has the Geno Thread been closed down again but Fatmonice got temporarily banned by the mods.

Sure sucks to be those guys, huh?
Temporary? Should be permanent tbh.

I'd be very surprised at a Direct but this is something I guess
Considering it feels kinda of early for this I’d say this a maybe direct evidence piece. Still cool to see more promo art though as their pieces so far are really nice.
Sora is a weird and iffy inclusion to be sure. We could argue all day if he’s even worth it without the Disney characters.
I would say that it works fine as the story is first and foremost Sora helping those characters with his crazy rpg skills even if some join as party members. Weather or not Disney would allow it makes him kinda of iffy. On one hand he feels big enough to deserve a spot but on the other hand is a mouse.
Fatman was warned not to talk about his contacts anymore and was temp banned for “trolling,” though I don’t remember him trolling at all so I’m very confused. The thread’s been locked without the mods saying why, though I guess I can understand since a few users were complaining about them.

They’re (or “we’re” I guess I should say since I actively go there as a fan) not nearly as bad as you’re making them sound; some may have been disappointed with Byleth, and things may be taken too far sometimes, but they were mostly cool about the Byleth stuff and are respectful people. Some users in there don’t even complain about stuff at all save maybe waiting for more Smash info every once in a while.
That’s because it was revealed last time he was trolling. He intentionally made up bull**** from Sabi’s discord to **** with smash fans and disappoint them, geno fans being one of those groups. Sabi even kicked him from their discord iirc

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Tomorrow begins Monday and the first day of the next two years awaiting the remaining 6 fighters as well as the wait for the first post-Pass DLC fighter. Shall see what speculation, discussion and leaks will lead us all to.

Have a good night everyone.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Temporary? Should be permanent tbh.

Considering it feels kinda of early for this I’d say this a maybe direct evidence piece. Still cool to see more promo art though as their pieces so far are really nice.

I would say that it works fine as the story is first and foremost Sora helping those characters with his crazy rpg skills even if some join as party members. Weather or not Disney would allow it makes him kinda of iffy. On one hand he feels big enough to deserve a spot but on the other hand is a mouse.

That’s because it was revealed last time he was trolling. He intentionally made up bull**** from Sabi’s discord to **** with smash fans and disappoint them, geno fans being one of those groups. Sabi even kicked him from their discord iirc
Yeah. Disney is weird about that ****. I think that if he got in Sakurai and Disney would at least need to give him Donald and Goofey in his final Smash.

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
I feel like he’d be completely unplayable if you made him game accurate and trying to make him more of a capable fighter like in the movies would kinda ruin a lot about the theming of the character.
I personally think they could make a couple of compromises with potraying him in Smash if it means being functionally playable. I'm not guaranteed that Sakurai and the devs would consider Pyramid Head, but it's something I've been greatly intrigued to at the time.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Yeah. Disney is weird about that ****. I think that if he got in Sakurai and Disney would at least need to give him Donald and Goofey in his final Smash.
I could see it, and at one point I thought it would happen for sure, but now I’m 50/50. If anyone could get Donald and goofy to appear in it though it would be Sakurai

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Another thing:

They never said this pass wouldn't include echoes.

And now there is that Twitter profile that @NonSpecificGuy thinks is VRPlant that said Byleth was the last character back in October and that Crash is our first FP2.

Crash with a Coco echo, anyone?
C'mon Protoman. That'd be the ideal echo for me.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Except he wasn’t trolling; they never said the names he had from the discord were lies, and the other stuff they did say he lied about were all things he just speculated about, saying so himself. He does get some info but he likes speculating based off of it, stuff like the more-recent Dragonborn stuff was 100% his own speculation. Even the starling picture was something he said was probably not for Smash, but he thought it could be so he and everyone else decided to speculate if it was. Sabi and whoever kicked him from the discord for something he gave him permission for.

The only thing he lied about was that he left the discord himself, and that was to prevent making others in the thread mad at Sabi and whoever, but that got ruined too because oh no, they just had to start more crap and continue throwing him under the bus just like Sabi does to his other “friends” that he just dumps after some months apparently.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Except he wasn’t trolling; they never said the names he had from the discord were lies, and the other stuff they said he lied about were all things he just speculated about, saying so himself. He does get some info but he likes speculating based off of it, stuff like the more-recent Dragonborn stuff was 100% his own speculation. Even the starling picture was something he said was probably not for Smash, but he thought it could be so he and everyone else decided to speculate if it was. Sabi and whoever kicked him from the discord for something he gave him permission for.
That’s definitely not the full story. I remember JDc and Burb came in with a **** ton of evidence that proved he was twisting the truth.

He was intentionally lying to start wars. Someone like Shroob Shroob would probably know more though as I hardly pay attention to that cesspool that is the newcomer threads

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Except he wasn’t trolling; they never said the names he had from the discord were lies, and the other stuff they did say he lied about were all things he just speculated about, saying so himself. He does get some info but he likes speculating based off of it, stuff like the more-recent Dragonborn stuff was 100% his own speculation. Even the starling picture was something he said was probably not for Smash, but he thought it could be so he and everyone else decided to speculate if it was. Sabi and whoever kicked him from the discord for something he gave him permission for.

The only thing he lied about was that he left the discord himself, and that was to prevent making others in the thread mad at Sabi and whoever, but that got ruined too because oh no, they just had to start more crap and continue throwing him under the bus just like Sabi does to his other “friends” that he just dumps after some months apparently.
You don't 'give permission' to get kicked out, you leave on your own accord, which isn't what happened

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
That’s definitely not the full story. I remember JDc and Burb came in with a **** ton of evidence that proved he was twisting the truth.

He was intentionally lying to start wars. Someone like Shroob Shroob would probably know more though as I hardly pay attention to that cesspool that is the newcomer threads
I think JDc said something that actually backed up Fatman, but honestly I don’t remember what it was. Fatman settled things with Burb, too.

You don't 'give permission' to get kicked out, you leave on your own accord, which isn't what happened
No, they kicked him out for saying something he had permission to say from Sabi. Of course you don’t get permission to get kicked out, that doesn’t make sense.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I'm getting the hang of using Banjo-Kazooie. Pretty fun character, but not someone I'd main alongside Mega Man and Ridley. Hero's still a little weird and I have bad RNG cause I'm not getting Magic Burst as much as I want to. Joker's pretty easy to use, so I can see why he's good at least. Terry's still the boy.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I could see it, and at one point I thought it would happen for sure, but now I’m 50/50. If anyone could get Donald and goofy to appear in it though it would be Sakurai
Heck he might even be able to convince them to let him include other Disney characters as stained glass windows in the “Dive to the Heart” stage.

I personally think they could make a couple of compromises with potraying him in Smash if it means being functionally playable. I'm not guaranteed that Sakurai and the devs would consider Pyramid Head, but it's something I've been greatly intrigued to at the time.
I mean, I’ve been thinking about how he would work in PSASBR for years now. It would definitely be possible. If a little strange in execution.

Who would be his Pokémon?
His Let’s Go team for his second battle. Persian, Rhyhorn, and Nidoqueen. With Onyx, Dugtrio, and Kangaskhan in the Final Smash, as they are some of his other main recurring Pokémon.
It’s just those bedroom eyes. Corporate execs just can’t resist.

I got that, I was making a funny joke at moss monkey's expense.
Oh. Sorry for being a dolt. It was a funny joke though, now that I know it was a joke.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Oh jesus don't drag me into the Fatman drama. Leaks are supposed to be fun, y'all can keep your Discord and Twitter drama to yourselves lol.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I'm getting the hang of using Banjo-Kazooie. Pretty fun character, but not someone I'd main alongside Mega Man and Ridley. Hero's still a little weird and I have bad RNG cause I'm not getting Magic Burst as much as I want to. Joker's pretty easy to use, so I can see why he's good at least. Terry's still the boy.
I’m a Banjo and Snake main through and through. Learn the characters you love, is what I always say.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I think JDc said something that actually backed up Fatman, but honestly I don’t remember what it was. Fatman settled things with Burb, too.
No no no.

That’s not even close. JD unleashed Burb actually. The poor kid had actually been fearful of talking about it because he thought he would be ganged up on and harassed over it. Which thankfully he wasn’t. Burb came in and backed up his claims and tore apart fatmans lies.

Which good on Burb. His no **** attitude was always fun

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128

You'd think people on smashboards and in other places would stop trying to piss him off

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Heck he might even be able to convince them to let him include other Disney characters as stained glass windows in the “Dive to the Heart” stage.

I mean, I’ve been thinking about how he would work in PSASBR for years now. It would definitely be possible. If a little strange in execution.

His Let’s Go team for his second battle. Persian, Rhyhorn, and Nidoqueen. With Onyx, Dugtrio, and Kangaskhan in the Final Smash, as they are some of his other main recurring Pokémon.

It’s just those bedroom eyes. Corporate execs just can’t resist.

Oh. Sorry for being a dolt. It was a funny joke though, now that I know it was a joke.
If they actually got other Disney characters for the stained glass, that be pretty wild to see. If not they could do the OCs, or if they wanted to have fun, use smash characters to fill the slot. Wouldn’t probably make sense but be fun rather then leaving them empty

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
No no no.

That’s not even close. JD unleashed Burb actually. The poor kid had actually been fearful of talking about it because he thought he would be ganged up on and harassed over it. Which thankfully he wasn’t. Burb came in and backed up his claims and tore apart fatmans lies.

Which good on Burb. His no **** attitude was always fun
Idk then. I don’t remember all of what JDc said, but it seemed like it turned out to be a misunderstanding, as I remember him apologizing to Fatman or some stuff like that and he was just afraid some people in the thread hated him and thankfully no one did. Still, everything Burb accused Fatman of lying about were actually all things he just speculated about. The names he heard from the discord weren’t even mentioned if I recall (edit: ok nvm they were, just checked, though they weren’t said to be lies and he just pointed out Fatman seeming inconsistent with his wording at the time (saying one thing and then the names in under a month) so idk. Burb’s first post about Fatman isn’t there anymore, though...). Y’all can even check his past posts to see. The starling? Never a lie, he never claimed it was definitely for Smash. Power of Six theory? Never claimed it was his own and even gave credit. Burb ruined the peace he tried to keep by calling him out on his lie about leaving the discord on his own, but they settled things so I assumed Burb came to an understanding with him.

And Burb seemed to have a bit of a superiority complex so I just found him a bit annoying.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
If they actually got other Disney characters for the stained glass, that be pretty wild to see. If not they could do the OCs, or if they wanted to have fun, use smash characters to fill the slot. Wouldn’t probably make sense but be fun rather then leaving them empty
I can see them letting him use the other Disney characters in the glass, as it would be a very small thing to pay for. Basically just already existing pngs. But sticking to the OCs for the spirits.

Also, watch Disney force him to include Let it Go in the music list.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I can see them letting him use the other Disney characters in the glass, as it would be a very small thing to pay for. Basically just already existing pngs. But sticking to the OCs for the spirits.

Also, watch Disney force him to include Let it Go in the music list.
I don’t know, I could almost see it, but Disney is also kinda of greedy and very protective of their ips. Hell look at some news stories from recent years, like where Disney denied the request of a spider man etching on this families child’s grave. It was pure corporate corruption. So I can’t see them letting the faces of their precious characters appear in a game they would probably cite as encouraging violence or some **** like that. Which makes skeptical of them working peacefully with Sakurai.

Granted there’s the small hope that their PR statement of them being ok with Sora in smash wasn’t bull **** or the one where Nouma said Disney wouldn’t even have to be involved and he approves requests for Sora crossovers and would love Sora in Smash. So it’s a very unique situation that can go either way

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I don’t know, I could almost see it, but Disney is also kinda of greedy and very protective of their ips. Hell look at some news stories from recent years, like where Disney denied the request of a spider man etching on this families child’s grave. It was pure corporate corruption. So I can’t see them letting the faces of their precious characters appear in a game they would probably cite as encouraging violence or some **** like that. Which makes skeptical of them working peacefully with Sakurai.

Granted there’s the small hope that their PR statement of them being ok with Sora in smash wasn’t bull **** or the one where Nouma said Disney wouldn’t even have to be involved and he approves requests for Sora crossovers and would love Sora in Smash. So it’s a very unique situation that can go either way
Not encoring violence? Then Kingdom Hearts itself wouldn’t exist.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Someone from the CCI Thread said :ultcorrin:'s a hated character from a divisive game. Why is that? I never played FE games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom