• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
How would you feel if this was how the fighter's pass turned out?
most wanted fp2.png

The common thread here is that these are my three most wanted first and third parties,

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Hey, if I'm wrong, I'm wrong. But I do think there'll be a little something in the Direct, and I also am hoping for a January Direct. Jon even pointed it out when they talked about it: Nintendo has absolutely nothing major that we know of slated for February. Yes, they could do it in February, but it'd have to be early February at best IMO. It has to be soon because we know absolutely nothing of what they're doing with their other franchises besides AC and Pokémon. We don't even have set release dates for previously revealed games like BotW 2. We are almost completely in the dark on everything but AC and Pokémon, but the latter isn't even fully Nintendo itself which is why Pokémon gets it's own Directs to begin with. Hell, even for Smash we're in the dark because of the nature of the Pass itself. This Nintendo Direct is all about enlightening the path, at least I'd hope.

But then again, this is probably Nintendo's most hype Direct beyond E3 simply because we have no idea what's coming, which makes the anticipation even worse and the inevitable reveals so much more exciting. AC certainly sells, but I don't think it's wise for Nintendo to rely on that alone for the first half of the year. And while the Direct could feasibly touch on AC stuff, it wouldn't be a Nintendo Direct if that took up half the time, and plus we've already seen a good amount IMO.

But what's even worse is knowing we won't see everything. They're gonna save some big stuff for E3 as well.

But I dunno. I just want this Direct soon.

Rizen

Smash Legend
My meetup got canceled :urg:. This town's great if you want to hike but it sucks if you want to do anything besides drink at night. There aren't very many good meetups and the ones I like never seem to last. I used to have smashfests on tuesday, chess on Wednesday and 2 other meetups but all that's gone now.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Game Launch (December 7th, 2018)
Appr. 2 Months until Piranha Plant Release (January 29th, 2019)
Appr. 3 Months until Joker Release (April 17th, 2019)
Appr. 3 Months until Hero Release (July 30th, 2019)
Appr. 1 Month until Banjo & Kazooie Release (September 4th, 2019)
Appr. 2 Months until Terry Release; Additional Fighters Revealed (September 6th, 2019)
Appr. 4 Months until Byleth Release (January 28th, 2020)

Judging by this pattern, it takes an average of 2 1/2 months to make a fighter, assuming they aren't working on multiple ones simultaneously. We have no actual proof Sakurai's team has gotten smaller (correct me if I'm wrong) and they are still ahead of their February release window; thus it can be assumed as Sakurai said "no break for me" and considering his known work ethic (God bless you, Mr. Sakurai) that they will continue to work. Six more fighters at the longest interval (four months) would equal December 2021, and seems just like a safe buffer zone. I'd be willing to bet by next summer we have everyone.

The earliest we can expect everyone assuming they work as fast as they did with Banjo is by the end of fall this year (8 months or so), the midpoint based on average is April-June next year.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Game Launch (December 7th, 2018)
Appr. 2 Months until Piranha Plant Release (January 29th, 2019)
Appr. 3 Months until Joker Release (April 17th, 2019)
Appr. 3 Months until Hero Release (July 30th, 2019)
Appr. 1 Month until Banjo & Kazooie Release (September 4th, 2019)
Appr. 2 Months until Terry Release; Additional Fighters Revealed (September 6th, 2019)
Appr. 4 Months until Byleth Release (January 28th, 2020)

Judging by this pattern, it takes an average of 2 1/2 months to make a fighter, assuming they aren't working on multiple ones simultaneously. We have no actual proof Sakurai's team has gotten smaller (correct me if I'm wrong) and they are still ahead of their February release window; thus it can be assumed as Sakurai said "no break for me" and considering his known work ethic (God bless you, Mr. Sakurai) that they will continue to work. Six more fighters at the longest interval (four months) would equal December 2021, and seems just like a safe buffer zone. I'd be willing to bet by next summer we have everyone.
That's not true.

We know via datamines that Plant, Joker and Hero were all in production together as early as November 2018, and we know Plant was getting finalized around August. It takes WAY more then 2 1/2 months to finish a character.

Last edited:

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
That's not true.

We know via datamines that Plant, Joker and Hero were all in production as early a November 2018, and we know Plant was getting finalized around August. It takes WAY more then 2 1/2 months to finish a character.
Actually only Plant and Joker were in the November Datamines. Hero showed up in the Patch 1.1.0 datamine

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
So, how is everyone tonight? I made a little something related to my main predictions and a hypothecial scenerio for FP2 I've configured for fun:

You can find the template that I've used here: Templates 4 Smash

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I think post-launch spirits deconfirm, but I see no reason for a static image with a value in the base game to completely rule out a character 2 years later.
We won't know for sure until all 6(10) spots get filled, but as of right now, I feel like its a legions safer bet to expect characters who are currently in no way represented in Smash than ones who are.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
That's not true.

We know via datamines that Plant, Joker and Hero were all in production together as early as November 2018, and we know Plant was getting finalized around August. It takes WAY more then 2 1/2 months to finish a character.
Right - and if we assume the new characters were finalized and already in development by the time Byleth was wrapping up, then this checks out. We know they were approved for more fighters about the time Banjo and Hero were wrapping up, so this still checks out. Catch my drift?

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So, how is everyone tonight? I made a little something related to my main predictions and a hypothecial scenerio for FP2 I've configured for fun:

You can find the template that I've used here: Templates 4 Smash
I approve of about four of these.

I'm meh right now. Got class in the morning but I'm trying to self analyse myself. Listening to Guns n Roses too.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I'd say right now it's more pissed than sad, but for different reasons
No Geno makes reasonable Smash fans sad.
Apparently she thought I meant Spirits deconfirm entire franchises, even though I clearly said characters.
You said it would be safest to bet on characters who weren’t represented IN ANY WAY AT ALL.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
You said it would be safest to bet on characters who weren’t represented IN ANY WAY AT ALL.
Yes.

Do you see Byleth represented in Smash at all? Mii costume? Spirit?

I understand your train of thought, but you know that's not at all what I meant and you're trying to twist what I said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom