• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up

Y'know, they do look cute with shorter hair.

Meanwhile, Bea's going through different styles:

(I like the long-haired style, just so you know.)​

Shroob

Sup?
Hey. I thought it was funny. Certainly didn’t “disrespect the classic series”. If making fun of the goofy lookin white hair is disrespect, then DMC fans have the thinnest skin on earth.
I mean, it didn't help that the rest of the game was dead set on stomping into the ground the concept of "OLD DMC BAD, THIS GOOD"

If it were in a better game it would have been a nice nod, in DMC though? It was just rubbing salt in the wound.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Hey. I thought it was funny. Certainly didn’t “disrespect the classic series”. If making fun of the goofy lookin white hair is disrespect, then DMC fans have the thinnest skin on earth.
I find this funny, coming from the person who got mad at people joking on them for liking DMC2 over DMC3.

I would agree that the "Not in a million years" thing wasn't that bad. But when they were getting at people for preferring the old series during the entire release schedule, it didn't make them look good.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I mean, it didn't help that the rest of the game was dead set on stomping into the ground the concept of "OLD DMC BAD, THIS GOOD"

If it were in a better game it would have been a nice nod, in DMC though? It was just rubbing salt in the wound.
Considering I’m also not the biggest fan of classic Dante, especially his character (or lack there of), I was laughing my ass off. Then I was on a combat high from murdering Bill O’Reilly and stealing his soul. And then I was hawking at the AMAZING set pieces like the reversed city or the dubstep energy world. And then I was finished playing an amazing game that fixes what I don’t like about classic DMC.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Debate on the versions of Dante aside, it was still scummy and tactless for the developers to basically go “**** you fans of classic Dante, we think our new version is better.” He looked better with the wig on anyways.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I find this funny, coming from the person who got mad at people joking on them for liking DMC2 over DMC3.
I like 2 more then 3, but I like DmC more then any game in the classic series. Which they would make a sequel as an adjunct to the main line.
Debate on the versions of Dante aside, it was still scummy and tactless for the developers to basically go “**** you fans of classic Dante, we think our new version is better.” He looked better with the wig on anyways.
Agree to disagree. I think the short black hair provides a nice contrast with Vergil.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I like 2 more then 3, but I like DmC more then any game in the classic series. Which they would make a sequel as an adjunct to the main line.
Well, can't always account for taste.

I'll agree that DmC is better than 2, But the color coded enemies and a more annoying version of Dante and especially Vergil, I can't say it holds a candle to the OG series.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

Obviously a "non-western focused" Capcom should've been the one to fill your dark soul with light :yoshi:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Considering I’m also not the biggest fan of classic Dante, especially his character (or lack there of), I was laughing my ass off.
Oh yes, because reboot Dante had sooo much more character with half his dialogue throwing around F-bombs and the other half not giving a damn about anything going on around him.

Agree to disagree. I think the short black hair provides a nice contrast with Vergil.
Why, they’re brothers though. Even in that game, they’re distinct enough without the different hair.

Speaking of, as much as I didn’t care for Dante in that game. I will say I think Vergil had it much worse in terms of character assassination.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Well, can't always account for taste.

I'll agree that DmC is better than 2, But the color coded enemies and a more annoying version of Dante and especially Vergil, I can't say it holds a candle to the OG series.
would you even care if we were also still getting games in the classic series? You could just ignore it and enjoy your silver hairs cardboard cutout and let me enjoy the series I prefer.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I'd be so down for Devil Trigger from 5.

But Smash has an on/off relationship with songs with lyrics in them.
On a scale of 1 to 10, how upset are you that What I'm Made Of isn't the butt rock song they chose for Sonic Heroes?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Oh yes, because reboot Dante had sooo much more character with half his dialogue throwing around F-bombs and the other half not giving a damn about anything going on around him.

Why, they’re brothers though. Even in that game, they’re distinct enough without the different hair.

Speaking of, as much as I didn’t care for Dante in that game. I will say I think Vergil had it much worse in terms of character assassination.
So par for the course for Dante then?

Oh. I’m sorry. I keep forgetting about that one seen in three where he twitched his face. Really gives you a deep look into this amazingly complex character.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
would you even care if we were also still getting games in the classic series? You could just ignore it and enjoy your silver hairs cardboard cutout and let me enjoy the series I prefer.
Not really, if it meant we're getting games for the DMC most people actually care about. But clearly you're getting emotional about it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

mfs really be photophobic and be playing smash bros.. worried bout the wrong world of light

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Boi

We're in for another

fun

night
I should probably leave before I get too heated and say things I might regret.

So par for the course for Dante then?

Oh. I’m sorry. I keep forgetting about that one seen in three where he twitched his face. Really gives you a deep look into this amazingly complex character.
Oh of course you’d be the expert on deepness with how far you’ve shoved your head up your-

Yeah I think I’m gonna head in for the night.

Double K

Smash Lord
Considering I’m also not the biggest fan of classic Dante, especially his character (or lack there of), I was laughing my ass off. Then I was on a combat high from murdering Bill O’Reilly and stealing his soul. And then I was hawking at the AMAZING set pieces like the reversed city or the dubstep energy world. And then I was finished playing an amazing game that fixes what I don’t like about classic DMC.
"Lack of character"

Man, a person who wears the whole bravado because he's suffering from depression because he lost his entire family, and only shows sparks of joy after learning he has a nephew is absolutely 0 character.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
No need to get heated over video games guys. We don't all like the same ****. It's cool.

Anyways, I really liked Alpha 2 from what I've played. Gonna try out a few other SFs soon-ish.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom