• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroob

Sup?
Inb4 it actually means the Direct will only be three minutes long...
"Here is your trailer."

"More DLC is coming later but I'm not saying who."

"Here's some mii costumes no one wants and the release date(not today, losers)"

"That's all for now!"

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Crisis on Infinite Earths got Ezra Miller to cameo as the DCEU Flash. I am so god damn happy! Seeing the two modern Barry Allen’s meet. Plus, since DCEU Barry technically hasn’t come up with the name “Flash” yet, Barry gave him the name and I hope to GOD that’s cannon in his movie. Like someone asks him where he got the name and he’s just like “it’s complicated”
I saw a clip of that! I wasn't sure if he was referred to as the Flash in Justice League or not, but I'm glad that they referenced the DCEU in this crossover, and hopefully the scene gets referenced (or Grant Gustin gets a cameo) whenever they get around to making the Flash movie.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
"Here is your trailer."

"More DLC is coming later but I'm not saying who."

"Here's some mii costumes no one wants and the release date(not today, losers)"

"That's all for now!"
Seriously though. Even with spending more time on each segment, I just don’t think he could get away with that this time. There has to be something more. But there probably won’t be because Sakurai is savage.

He’ll come, he’ll drop Edelguard to wreck the community, and then he’ll fly away not to be seen again for months.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Seriously though. Even with spending more time on each segment, I just don’t think he could get away with that this time. There has to be something more. But there probably won’t be because Sakurai is savage.

He’ll come, he’ll drop Edelguard to wreck the community, and then he’ll fly away not to be seen again for months.
Edelgarde would be dope, though.

Shroob

Sup?

"He can't keep getting away with it."

"You keep underestimating my power, you fools."

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I saw a clip of that! I wasn't sure if he was referred to as the Flash in Justice League or not, but I'm glad that they referenced the DCEU in this crossover, and hopefully the scene gets referenced (or Grant Gustin gets a cameo) whenever they get around to making the Flash movie.
It’s scheduled for 2021. I imagine production will have to start soon.

Edelgarde would be dope, though.
You know she would wreck the community. So many people will be angry, and I may or may not be one of them. I hope to god it’s not her. Not that I’m COMPLETELY opposed to her coming to the game. But with music, spirits, and a STAGE. Nah bro. If she has to come, release her a la carte with like, three songs and a spirit event.

Shroob

Sup?
It’s scheduled for 2021. I imagine production will have to start soon.

You know she would wreck the community. So many people will be angry, and I may or may not be one of them. I hope to god it’s not her. Not that I’m COMPLETELY opposed to her coming to the game. But with music, spirits, and a STAGE. Nah bro. If she has to come, release her a la carte with like, three songs and a spirit event.
You say that like it's a bad thing.

This online community is kinda butts and deserves what's coming to them occasionally, it can't be all Ridleys and Banjos all the time.

MooMew64

To each their own, I suppose. FEH content is in my top wanted, so I'd be thrilled to get as much as possible.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I wish this version of the song ended up in smash instead of the one from P4, purely because it has a second verse.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
You say that like it's a bad thing.

This online community is kinda butts and deserves what's coming to them occasionally, it can't be all Ridleys and Banjos all the time.
I’m not saying it has to be another big community want. I’d just rather not.... poke the bear..... so to speak. Plus another fire emblem character would be so boring imo. I know they play very differently, but it’s like, trying to get me excited for a new Shoto in Street Fighter. No matter how differently they play.... the theme’s been done, ya know. It’s not new, it’s not exciting, at least to people who aren’t Fire Emblem fans.

Shroob

Sup?
I’m not saying it has to be another big community want. I’d just rather not.... poke the bear..... so to speak. Plus another fire emblem character would be so boring imo. I know they play very differently, but it’s like, trying to get me excited for a new Shoto in Street Fighter. No matter how differently they play.... the theme’s been done, ya know. It’s not new, it’s not exciting, at least to people who aren’t Fire Emblem fans.
To each their own.

I love seeing the fanbase implode. They act like 1 "ANIME SWORD" character is a blemish to an otherwise great game, they can suck smelly :ultyoshi:eggs.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Like, even if it turns out to be a character I don't like, I'm not gonna overreact about it. I'll meme about it and then move on.

It's just a goofy video game. :drshrug:
I do admit that I used to care a little too much. And even if I say I will be angry, it’s not like I’ll be enraged with fiery passion. I just don’t have enough energy for that anymore.

Shroob

Sup?
A part of the reason I'd love it to be 3 Houses is because it's so unexpected.

Everyone is expecting an all 3-rd party Fighter's Pass and then, bam, no one saw it coming.

Why yes, I do like watching the world burn.

GhostM

Phantom
Now that I think of it, do you guys think that alongside the release of the DLC character in February, will they buff/nerf some characters alongside the patch? I’m pretty sure they did this in patch 4.0 with the release of Hero, but I still feel like some characters like Dr. Mario really need buffs.

or it could be because I’m currently playing Dr. Mario in Melee..

MooMew64

Oh gosh, if we get a Phoenix Wright Mii costume, I don't know if I could bring myself to hate it.

The meme potential would be too good. It's part of why Sans being a costume is so, so much better than if he was a normal fighter. Infinite possibilities.

Last edited:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Think I start asking more Smash questions as a way to count down to the Direct. So what potential stages do you want your most wanted fighters to bring with them?
Here's my list:
Bandana Dee: Castle Dedede
Poochy: Crafted World
Shake King: Shakedown Schooner (or either Stonecarving City.)
Zacian/Zamazenta: Hammerlocke Stadium (Eternatus as Stage Boss.)
Titan Dweevil: Caves
Waluigi: Waluigi Pinball
Bio-Rex: Phantom Road
CD-I Ganon: King's Castle (From Faces of Evil.)
Octane: Champions Field
Heavy: 2Fort
Amaterasu: The Moon Cave (Orochi as Stage Hazard.)
Earthworm Jim: New Junk City
Crash: N. Sanity Beach
Nergigante: Elder's Recces
Vivi: Phantom Train
Dr. Eggman: Death Egg

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So I've spent the night working and being sick. On the bright side I'm currently listening to Piano Music from Nier which is nice. I'm taking a little break for now so be captivated by this bit of writing.

Also anyone here a fan of Sound of the Ancients from Nier?

I could write a essay from this theme. The name, sounds and the vocals are really thought provoking. Even on pretty bad days like I've had, thinking about how the sounds, sights and smells of the world will always change, it's keeps me going in a weird sense. What will the world hear in a thousand years? What will the world be like? You'll not live to see it but you can't help but wonder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom