• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Nice.

What did you think of Endgame?
It was excellent. definitely one of the better films, if not the best.

It pieced everything together very well, and I definitely got feels while watching it.

AND HOLY CRUD, CAP ACTUALLY GOT A HAPPY ENDING!

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I really like the character interactions here, and how you portrayed Daisy's personality. She's bubbly and full of energy, but she's not flanderized to be a total dunce, either. And honestly, Nintendo's not unfamiliar with Getting Crap Past the Radar, so that joke might work in some form in an actual hypothetical game of theirs.

Also that callback to TTYD was funny.
Thank you! I’m glad you liked it so far. I really want to make sure I do these characters justice. Have you seen the other Peach/Daisy dialogue I posted a couple of days ago?

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
It was excellent. definitely one of the better films, if not the best.

It pieced everything very well, and I definitely got feels while watching it.

AND HOLY CRUD, CAP ACTUALLY GOT A HAPPY ENDING!
Yeah, it was a beautiful ending for Cap.

That being said, my only gripe with the ending is that I feel he should've passed the shield on to Bucky. The scene would've been a lot more powerful since their dynamic and friendship is explored a lot more than Sam, IMO.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Thank you! I’m glad you liked it so far. I really want to make sure I do these characters justice. Have you seen the other Peach/Daisy dialogue I posted a couple of days ago?
Sure thing,! Honestly, you have a lot of good ideas when it comes to Paper Peach.

That said I don't think I saw that dialogue. My visits to this thread ave been kinda sporadic for a while, and I certainly haven't read every page, so yeah, I missed it. Mind reposting that one as well?

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So I'm up at this time bored...... and I'm looking at food ideas for what the characters in my story would eat.

Been debating on whether it would make sense for a reptilian race to eat Hawaiian-esque food and to have elven cuisine based off Middle Eastern Foods.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I played FighterZ ranked for the first time.

I won every match, but holy cow, I am not even 1% as good as SonicFox. Dropped combos galore, whiffed attacks everywhere, like all my hours labbing went to waste.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Sure thing,! Honestly, you have a lot of good ideas when it comes to Paper Peach.

That said I don't think I saw that dialogue. My visits to this thread ave been kinda sporadic for a while, and I certainly haven't read every page, so yeah, I missed it. Mind reposting that one as well?
Certainly! I think I remember you seeing the one I posted a while back about the skates, but if you want me to repost that one too, please let me know.

Started to do a bit more dialogue/scene writing for my Paper Mario game. Let me know what you guys think. This is a bit of a long one, just a warning.
(Peach and the magic pencil Sketch wanders through the desert kingdom.)
?: HEADS UP!
:ultpeach:: “!” (pulls out parasol and blocks incoming tennis ball)
?: “LITERAL HEADS UP!”
:ultpeach:: “!” (pulls out parasol and blocks incoming Dry Bones head)
:ultpeach:: “Oh dear!” (picks up Dry Bones head and dusts it off) “I’m sorry about that, sir. Are you hurt?”
DB: “Yeah I’m okay.” “...I think.” “This would probably be much worse if I still had flesh.”
(Dry Bones body walks up to her. Peach hands him back his head though I think this could be a humerus spot for a “Yes or No” choice to get it back.)
DB: “Thank you. Say, aren’t you Princess Peach of the Mushroom Kingdom?”
:ultpeach:: “Why yes, I am. I’m surprised I’m known all the way out here.”
DB: “That’s because the Princess here never stops talking about you.”
(Suddenly a Princess on skates appears)
:ultdaisy:: “Hey Tib! Did you get the ball back?” “Oh yeah and your head too?” “!” (notices :ultpeach:) “NO WAY! IT CAN’T BE!! PEACH!!” (Barrels off towards the unprepared princess)
:ultpeach:: “W-wait a second Daisyyyyy!” (gets quickly scooped up by the excited princess, leaving behind the book she was using to carry the magic pages she found which was picked up by Sketch. Tib dodges our of the way. The two speed through the background and foreground on pure momentum with Daisy hugging and talking about how much she missed her while Peach panics and begs her to stop before finally opening her parasol to slow themselves down.)
:ultdaisy:: “Heh heh, sorry about that.”
:ultpeach:: (sighs) “It’s good to see you too, Daisy.”
:ultdaisy:: “This is a nice surprise, normally you call me or send an invite, so what’s our event on this time? Wait! Lemme guess. Since we had or tennis and go-kart tournaments a while back, are we going golfing this time?”
:ultpeach:: “Uh no, that’s no why I’m here.”
:ultdaisy:: “Oh, are we doing more party games?”
:ultpeach:: “No.”
:ultdaisy:: “Baseball?”
:ultpeach:: “No!”
:ultdaisy:: “Soccer?”
:ultpeach:: “NO!”
:ultdaisy:: “...horseback riding?”
:ultpeach:: “DAISY!!”
:ultdaisy:: “Okay okay, I’ll stop, but can I just ask a quick question?”
:ultpeach:: “Sure. Go ahead.”
:ultdaisy:: “Why is there a floating pencil and book behind you?”
:ultpeach:: “That’s-kinda why I’m here, could we talk more inside your castle?”
:ultdaisy:: “Sure thing.”
:ultpeach:: (goes inside castle with Scribble)
:ultdaisy:: “This should be interesting.” (Follows her)
Tib: “...so are we putting the match on hold?”
One more potential PM dialogue for tonight:
:ultdaisy:: “This is gonna be so cool! Just imagine it Peach, you and me taking on the world! Fighting side by side kicking bad guys butts! Let’s see what the next level of Super Daisy Sisters has in store for us!!”
:ultpeach:: “Wait. Super Daisy Sisters?”
:ultdaisy:: “I mean the hero usually gets top billing.”
:ultpeach:: “Hold on, since when did you become the hero?!”
:ultdaisy:: “Isn’t it obvious? My best friend shows up to me one day with a cute mascot creature to whisk me away from my boring and dreary life into a perilous journey! I can already see the magical uniforms, I hope mine comes in orange. Should probably set up an appointment with a therapist for the inevitable trauma I’ll have to endure.
:ultpeach:: “I think you’re getting a little overexcited there, partner.”
:ultdaisy:: “You should be used to it by now. All my energy just builds up when I'm at home since there’s not much to do. I think spending time with you guys over at the Mushroom Kingdom is my biggest outlet.”

Given how I’m progressing with this story, that could very well happen.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
So I'm up at this time bored...... and I'm looking at food ideas for what the characters in my story would eat.

Been debating on whether it would make sense for a reptilian race to eat Hawaiian-esque food and to have elven cuisine based off Middle Eastern Foods.
Yes for both of those :yoshi:

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion

Ah doing some worldbuilding? I'd like to hear about other's creative projects.

Cuisine is usually a way too overlooked aspect of a world, i'm glad you're giving it a thought. Both ideas sound fitting,

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Certainly! I think I remember you seeing the one I posted a while back about the skates, but if you want me to repost that one too, please let me know.
Well, if there's any way to introduce Daisy into the story and establish a more-fleshed out personality for her, that's the the right way do it. :laugh:

Peach could ask for a compromise and have them called the "Super Princess Sisters" instead. :p

Dutch Raikuna

Ah doing some worldbuilding? I'd like to hear about other's creative projects.

Cuisine is usually a way too overlooked aspect of a world, i'm glad you're giving it a thought. Both ideas sound fitting,
Been hearing that there are people doing a lot of stuff creatively on here. From voice acting to creative writing to drawing. Honestly feels like options are limited on sharing ideas of stuff like that. Can't trust doing it on Facebook and Reddit as I fear of others trying to steal it *cough* reposters *cough*. I'd make a thread or something at some point. Find it a little easier to trust people on forums if you know.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
It took me a while, and am little late to the party, but thanks to Disney+ I've finally pretty much caught up with the MCU (still need to see a couple others, including Far From Home) and just finished watching Endgame

about 50% more of pop culture makes sense now
We sincerely hope you enjoy your time with Mouse Additional. We will continue to put out the quality contents that our fan demanded! We hope you.....

*to continue this message, please deposit 5 coins*

warning: by participating in this entertainment medium you are giving up your sole to the mouse collective. By downloading this app you are giving your convent to do so. Some restrictions apply. Results may vary.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Well, if there's any way to introduce Daisy into the story and establish a more-fleshed out personality for her, that's the the right way do it. :laugh:

Peach could ask for a compromise and have them called the "Super Princess Sisters" instead. :p
I really hope I captured both of their personalities well. One of the reasons I opted to add Daisy is that I really think she’d shine in PM’s style of writing, so I wanna get as much mileage out of her character and her dynamic with Peach as I can.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
We sincerely hope you enjoy your time with Mouse Additional. We will continue to put out the quality contents that our fan demanded! We hope you.....

*to continue this message, please deposit 5 coins*

warning: by participating in this entertainment medium you are giving up your sole to the mouse collective. By downloading this app you are giving your convent to do so. Some restrictions apply. Results may vary.
Guess I'm living the rest of my days as a soulless husk, then.

1561786396301.png

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Guess I'm living the rest of my days as a soulless husk, then.

Don’t worry. Soon Disney will own enough that they buy the government and we’ll all be cast members in its greatest production of “world domination”. That is, as long as your white and pretty and straight. Everyone else goes into the mines. Not to mine anything. We’ll just get locked in a mine.

Shroob

Sup?
Don’t worry. Soon Disney will own enough that they buy the government and we’ll all be cast members in its greatest production of “world domination”. That is, as long as your white and pretty and straight. Everyone else goes into the mines. Not to mine anything. We’ll just get locked in a mine.
Hi-ho
Hi-ho
It's to our deaths we go

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
Been hearing that there are people doing a lot of stuff creatively on here. From voice acting to creative writing to drawing. Honestly feels like options are limited on sharing ideas of stuff like that. Can't trust doing it on Facebook and Reddit as I fear of others trying to steal it *cough* reposters *cough*. I'd make a thread or something at some point. Find it a little easier to trust people on forums if you know.
Yeah it's good to do some creative expression, i've had a couple of creative projects I've working on and off for years, mostly for fun and to keep my occupied. I'm not good at most traditional artistic endeavors, so I spend my time making up hypothetical worlds and video game ideas. Did try making a Visual novel, but dialogue is rather hard to do.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
They don't call Disney the Roman Empire of movie companies for nothing.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Infinity Train season 2 concluded tonight.

It was a pretty good season. I loved the themes and how neatly and cleverly everything comes together. The two main characters have the perfect contrasts to each other which made it a really fun ride.

Im guessing we get season 3 so I can’t wait to see where they go next

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I see we've started a circlejerk because someone committed the cardinal sin of *checks notes* enjoying a film.

Dutch Raikuna

Yeah it's good to do some creative expression, i've had a couple of creative projects I've working on and off for years, mostly for fun and to keep my occupied. I'm not good at most traditional artistic endeavors, so I spend my time making up hypothetical worlds and video game ideas. Did try making a Visual novel, but dialogue is rather hard to do.
Pretty much me. I had a dip into graphic design sometime back but I suck at drawing in college. And the topic they were doing was basically school advertising and stuff. Felt like death.
Although following advice from a few people I was praised for my creative writing so tried to get better at that.
My dream would be to actually travel to places for the inspiration but screw you says capitalism, you have to work endlessly for it.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I understand Disney's has made some questionable practices in the past but we just gonna ignore the fact that companies like Google, Apple, Microsoft and Amazon are all approximately 4x bigger than Disney and probably have a lot more power than they do?

Disney might have gotten hollywood domination down, but they ain't nowhere close to legitimate world domination

Last edited:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Tried the quiz on Pokemon Mystery Dungeon for fun real quick. Got Psyduck on the first try, and got Cubone on the second try. The questions get surprisingly heavy and a little too real, lol.

Still not sure how I'll actually tackle the game, though. Part of me wants to just go with what the game gives me, and another part of me wants to go full meme and play Skitty, lol.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I understand Disney's has made some questionable practices in the past but we just gonna ignore the fact that companies like Google, Apple, Microsoft and Amazon are all approximately 4x bigger than Disney and probably have a lot more power than they do?

Disney might have gotten hollywood domination down, but they ain't nowhere close to legitimate world domination
I mean look at the highest grossing films of the pass few years especially last year. Disney dominates it 7 out of 10.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I mean look at the highest grossing films of the pass few years especially last year. Disney dominates it 7 out of 10.
yeah, but hollywood's only a portion of all consumer operations out there. There's technology, food, video games, pretty much anything

please I'm tired of this "Disney evil" garbage

you can still enjoy stuff a company's putting out whilst not enjoying their practices

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Honestly some companies make too much damn money sometimes.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

I may be wrong about this, but those companies don’t really do any major conquering. They have their slice of the pie, and it’s a pretty big one, so they’re just eating that big piece of pie.

Disney however will not stop until they have the entire pie and everyone else’s pies to boot until they have a mountain of pie that would make Hugh Neutron ***.
yeah, but hollywood's only a portion of all consumer operations out there. There's technology, food, video games, pretty much anything

please I'm tired of this "Disney evil" garbage

you can still enjoy stuff a company's putting out whilst not enjoying their practices
I mean, just because your tired of hearing about it doesn’t mean it’s not true.

Last edited:

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
So tomorrow I'm running a Pokemon tabletop, my players caught their first Pokemon last time and our now going to do their first actual trainer battle.

any ideas for encounters or just anything you'd think would be cool in a pokemon world?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Well gotta get ready for bed. Talk with you guys more a bit early in the morning as I'll dad and I will be getting back to doing my house I'll be moving to in May.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I may be wrong about this, but those companies don’t really do any major conquering. They have their slice of the pie, and it’s a pretty big one, so they’re just eating that big piece of pie.

Disney however will not stop until they have the entire pie and everyone else’s pies to boot until they have a mountain of pie that would make Hugh Neutron ***.

I mean, just because your tired of hearing about it doesn’t mean it’s not true.
And just because it's true doesn't mean you have to go off about it over someone mentioning they enjoy something from them.

You just look like a colossal jerk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom