• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
In general, going well so far.
In terms of Mr. Gun-Scissor-Blade-Yoshi boi, so far this is my only progress:
As you can see I’m not too far in yet.
Kinda looks like an angry person wearing too much eye makeup.

Yeah, it was a beautiful ending for Cap.

That being said, my only gripe with the ending is that I feel he should've passed the shield on to Bucky. The scene would've been a lot more powerful since their dynamic and friendship is explored a lot more than Sam, IMO.
I'm ok with it being Sam for a few reasons:
- Bucky seems like he's tired of fighting, I got the feeling that he was much happier while he was hiding in Wakanda.
- It would probably be a hard sell to the American government that the new Captain America is a previously brainwashed Hydra agent. (I know it happened in the comics, but they had a lot more time to explain things)
- And Sam, to me, embodies what Captain America is and means, I think Steve's decision has less to do with who he's closest to and more to do with who he thinks is right for the title and the job.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It was excellent. definitely one of the better films, if not the best.

It pieced everything together very well, and I definitely got feels while watching it.

AND HOLY CRUD, CAP ACTUALLY GOT A HAPPY ENDING!
Endgame was super fun. Despite only casually following the MCU, there was a lot of payoff I was glad to see and some cool throwbacks.

Fat Thor was depressing though.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Looking at the way the conversation was going about Disney and companies, was hoping a little bit it would have turned in a debate between small and large businesses, the ideal size and whatnot. I'm a local small business fan but the convenience of large shops and companies like Amazon are too convenient to not use.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Spider-Man: Home Alone starring Macaulay Culkin as Miles McCallister.
You’re gonna go far kid
It took me a while, and am little late to the party, but thanks to Disney+ I've finally pretty much caught up with the MCU (still need to see a couple others, including Far From Home) and just finished watching Endgame

about 50% more of pop culture makes sense now
might be a bit of a challenge for you to watch the MCU Spider-Man movies cause Sony, unless you bought them or recorded them on the telly)
I understand Disney's has made some questionable practices in the past but we just gonna ignore the fact that companies like Google, Apple, Microsoft and Amazon are all approximately 4x bigger than Disney and probably have a lot more power than they do?

Disney might have gotten hollywood domination down, but they ain't nowhere close to legitimate world domination
but we're supposed to only make Disney look bad
Everything bad
Nothing good

Be miserable like me 24/7 and see how fun that kinda life is.
tried it...made things bad for me even more than usual...Imma go back to being a basic *****
Endgame was super fun. Despite only casually following the MCU, there was a lot of payoff I was glad to see and some cool throwbacks.

Fat Thor was depressing though.
Bro Thor was meant to be depressing, showing off how much everything he’s has affected him (and him letting his anger towards Thanos affected him putting an end to him before the snap)
Hey! Who turned out the lights?
John Cena

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Tried the quiz on Pokemon Mystery Dungeon for fun real quick. Got Psyduck on the first try, and got Cubone on the second try. The questions get surprisingly heavy and a little too real, lol.

Still not sure how I'll actually tackle the game, though. Part of me wants to just go with what the game gives me, and another part of me wants to go full meme and play Skitty, lol.
Assist skitty can actually be pretty great. Pulling out your partners moves could make skitty very versatile

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Disney isn't the largest or most corrupt, but its position as an entertainment brand means its going to be the public eye a lot more. Most people won't care when Big Medicine Company A buys out Big Medicine Company B, but when Mickey Mouse buys Star Wars people will flip out. Those things have had such a big impact on pop culture that its just way easier for us to visualize and get emotional over.

I make comparisons between Nintendo and Disney a lot - not because I think Nintendo is as big and corrupt (they still have their issues though) but because Disney means the same things to a lot of people that Nintendo means to most of us. It's cliche but I'm not exaggerating when I say Disney movies changed my life. Its been a source of bonding between me and my family, helped me get through some tough times and helped teach me valuable lessons through its best films. Most people feel that way about some brand or franchise - surely people in a forum dedicated to a family franchise can have some empathy for that.
Looking at the way the conversation was going about Disney and companies, was hoping a little bit it would have turned in a debate between small and large businesses, the ideal size and whatnot. I'm a local small business fan but the convenience of large shops and companies like Amazon are too convenient to not use.
I don't think large corporations have to be removed entirely, they just have to be kept in check. Afterall, most of us wouldn't want bog budget Nintendo titles to disappear.

If a company is able to abuse its power, that just means there's a hole in the system that needs to be fixed. But this is starting to get political, so I'll stop myself there.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
our university has a grocery chain thats stupid overpriced

like goddamn a pack of 5 mozarella sticks to stick in my ****ty oven costs 7 bucks

i'll still eat the **** out of though

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I really hope I captured both of their personalities well. One of the reasons I opted to add Daisy is that I really think she’d shine in PM’s style of writing, so I wanna get as much mileage out of her character and her dynamic with Peach as I can.
There's a lot of supporting characters and extras in the Mario world who'd be able to shine much better in PM's style of writing than they do in the spin-offs or other mainstream Mario games, an Daisy is one shining standout example of that, You've captured their personalities well, fleshing out Daisy's nicely and doing justice to Peach's. I think it falls in-line with her personality from the previous PM games, TTYD and SPM especially (I haven't played any of the games past SPM). Keep this good stuff up, and I'm confident you will, and you'll definitely get a lot of mileage out of Daisy's character.

On a semi-related note, would you mind sharing your designs and drawings of the partner characters you've thought up as well? I remember a handful of them and saw the Lakitu drawing just the other day, but I'm curious enough now that I'd really like to see them all.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Cyber Dragon just copped a victory at an OCG tournament.
1578744249629.png
**** feels nice. Cyber Dragon and Cyberdarks have always been a fan favorite.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Goooood morning everyone.

Tis the day to see the first of my 11 movies to see in theaters and that being Underwater!

Let us see how cinema of this year turns out.

Best (10):

Good (7-9):

Okay (4-6):

Meh (1-3):

Bad (0):

Want to see:
Underwater
Sonic the Hedgehog
Bloodshot
My Spy
Antlers
Scoob!
Fast & Furious 9
Free Guy
Monster Hunter
Godzilla vs. Kong
Dune

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Flash flood warning just went off on every damn device in the house

Scared the **** out of me

Mamboo07

Smash Hero

Tis the day to see the first of my 11 movies to see in theaters and that being Underwater!

Best (10):

Good (7-9):

Okay (4-6):

Meh (1-3):

Bad (0):

Want to see:
Underwater
Sonic the Hedgehog
Bloodshot
My Spy
Antlers
Scoob!
Fast & Furious 9
Free Guy
Monster Hunter
Godzilla vs. Kong
Dune
The ones I'm gonna watch are:
-Sonic the Hedgehog
-Scoob!
-Godzilla V.S Kong
2020 is looking awesome!^-^

Last edited:

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Oh yeah. Scoob! is def one of my most anticipated movies.

Meanwhile, BotW 2 and Odyssey 2 or whatever Mario game they release are my most anticipated games of 2020... If they even release this year, which I'm still 50/50 on.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

Best (10):

Good (7-9):

Okay (4-6):

Meh (1-3):

Bad (0):

Want to see:
Underwater
Sonic the Hedgehog
Bloodshot
My Spy
Antlers
Scoob!
Fast & Furious 9
Free Guy
Monster Hunter
Godzilla vs. Kong
Dune
Dune is the one I'm looking forward to the most. I like the director...

But then again, I also like David Lynch and look what his attempt turned out :yoshi:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Dune is the one I'm looking forward to the most. I like the director...

But then again, I also like David Lynch and look what his attempt turned out :yoshi:
Surprised it ain't Godzilla vs. Kong. ;P

Yeah though the premise of it sounds interesting to me and makes me want to give the original film a watch. Giant sand worms that are basically bigger versions of graboids? I'm game.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
View attachment 256666

This year, Nintendo shared their list of the top 25 most downloaded games (thanks, Siliconera!). It should be noted that this only lists every time a game has been downloaded, whether it was marked at full price or not. It does, however, serve to paint a picture of current marketplace trends.

So, who won, Pokémon Sword or Pokémon Shield? How far did Fire Emblem: Three Houses make it on the list? What indie titles made it on? What’s the oldest game on the list? See for yourself:

25. Mortal Kombat 11
24. Warframe (Free Download)
23. Crypt of the Necrodancer
22. Undertale
21. Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order
20. Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 for Nintendo Switch
19. Final Fantasy VII
18. Super Mario Party
17. Cadence of Hyrule: Crypt of the Necrodancer Featuring The Legend of Zelda
16. Luigi’s Mansion 3
15. The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening
14. Hollow Knight
13. Overcooked 2
12. Super Mario Maker 2
11. Pokémon Shield
10. Dragon Ball FighterZ
9. New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe
8. NBA 2K19
7. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
6. Pokémon Sword
5. Untitled Goose Game
4. Cuphead
3. Minecraft
2. Super Smash Bros Ultimate
1. Fortnite (Free Download)
So, how does this list effect speculation, if at all? Cause there are definitely a few surprises.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Surprised it ain't Godzilla vs. Kong. ;P

Yeah though the premise of it sounds interesting to me and makes me want to give the original film a watch. Giant sand worms that are basically bigger versions of graboids? I'm game.
As a long time Dune reader (and Frank Herbert fan in general), it's not...... quite like Tremors :yoshi:

D

Deleted member

Bro Thor was meant to be depressing, showing off how much everything he’s has affected him (and him letting his anger towards Thanos affected him putting an end to him before the snap)
Just because narratively it made sense doesn't mean it was more enjoyable to watch.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893

It pieced everything together very well, and I definitely got feels while watching it.

So... it’s a “cappy ending”? Get it? Because... happy... and cap... Nevermind.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

I’ve made my opinions clear that the movie took me to such a low point that all the high points in the world couldn’t get me back up again. And I think it’s actually more related to DC Comics then I initially thought. Not only had the release of Wonder Woman, Aquaman, and Shazam finally given me an amazing cinematic experience with characters I actually care about, which completely destroyed my ability to “settle” for marvel; but my philosophy on superheroes, what makes a hero, and what a hero should do, line more up with that company than Marvel’s. So that just lead to the perfect storm of me not liking a movie I was supposed to get massive enjoyment out of and souring my opinions on the MCU as a whole. Like, I can’t watch the old movies knowing that it leads up to THAT, and I can’t watch the new ones because they won’t stop bringing it up. So..... I guess I’m sorry.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Endgame is easily my favorite film of the MCU. The scripting is fantastic, the plot is amazing, and the fan service never really felt out of place in the film. It just stands out a lot more than the other films in the MCU, in my opinion. Not sure why. Now, if we were talking about Marvel films in general, then yeah, Into The Spiderverse wins.

D

Deleted member

Actually, when I think about it, Thor's characterization in Endgame was fine and easy to watch. It was just the beer gut, man. It's completely jarring to look at. It only amounts to shock value and jokes and doesn't actually affect his athletic ability, too, so like... please no.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
The only MCU movies I've seen are the Avengers ones (except the first one), but Endgame is probably my favorite of them. It used all the important characters too well throughout the film, and just had a lot of content in general. There were some moments I wanted to snooze at, but I get bored easily, so there were bound to be some no matter what.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom