• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
How about a prompt?

Name an anime you'd like to see adapted/remade into a western cartoon, and vice-versa.
I'd like to see what Pokemon could be like as a cartoon.

Likewise, I'd love to see a proper Zelda anime. I enjoyed the hell out of the Zelda cartoon, but it needs to be a lot better than that. And last longer. There's a crapload of stuff you can do thanks to items, characters, etc. There's tons of villains now, which gives a lot. It also helps that you could use BOTW as a base, have Zelda an action girl still(she even slightly resembles the design of the cartoon version) and allow tons of characterization.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I'd like to see what Pokemon could be like as a cartoon.

Likewise, I'd love to see a proper Zelda anime. I enjoyed the hell out of the Zelda cartoon, but it needs to be a lot better than that. And last longer. There's a crapload of stuff you can do thanks to items, characters, etc. There's tons of villains now, which gives a lot. It also helps that you could use BOTW as a base, have Zelda an action girl still(she even slightly resembles the design of the cartoon version) and allow tons of characterization.
I think a cool thing to do with Zelda would be for each season to take place in a different era of the franchise. One in the OoT setting, one in MM, one in TP, WW, BoTW, SS, all that.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
I think a cool thing to do with Zelda would be for each season to take place in a different era of the franchise. One in the OoT setting, one in MM, one in TP, WW, BoTW, SS, all that.
I think that's similar to how the Castlevania anime is going to be after the first 2 seasons we've gotten, which definitely has me excited.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
This is so weird.

I know they said that you'd be able to do things with your Pokemon in it, but is Pokemon Home really going to have that much to talk about?
Well the German announcement says it’s sword and shield updates. We could also see more then home.
maybe even a schedule of upcoming things for the year. Honestly anything is possible and Gamefreak take their sweet time to build up too and talk about things in these directs

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I feel that doesn't work well with Link being a different person in some cases. It could work, but you'd be better off combining some into a single era. OOT and MM are the same Link. It could partially work, but not all have to be a full separate season in the same way. OOT and MM clearly should be combined, but it could work well to have it as two seasons, with OOT ending, and leaving it up to multiple seasons to fill in the blanks. MM would come first, then WW as a sequel season, and TP as another sequel season. Using the split timeline could make it super neat.

Though it does mean Zelda won't be as active every season. She's not in MM, so she'd be absent that season. WW has mainly Tetra focus(with a bit of her Princess form, but hopefully she isn't just held captive most of it. That'd be fine for the last arc or something, if you sped up the Master Sword and Triforce quests). TP is an odd case cause Zelda is the least active outside of MM as is. She's practically gone beyond a few moments. It's like Zelda 1 all over again, except she's not currently more than a person held captive as the core plot. Zelda II has one Zelda sleeping right now.

That's a lot of neat stuff, yeah.

NabiscoFelt

Smash Journeyman
This is so weird.

I know they said that you'd be able to do things with your Pokemon in it, but is Pokemon Home really going to have that much to talk about?
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if we got a teaser for the next mainline games at the very least. I don't know if they would hold a Direct just for Home/Sleep/some spin-off. They have press conferences for those kinds of things

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
I beat the metro kingdom today so of course jump up super star is stuck in my head now.
Also Pauline is best girl.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I'd be surprised if they had their next mainline Pokemon game in the direct. SwSh just released less then two months ago and (if that German tweet is right) they plan to talk about the game here as well. Following that up with a new game like that would steal attention away from SwSh and undercut whatever they'd say since the focus of the fans would immediately swift over to the new game, which I don't think they'd want for their big title of the next few months.

Plus, personally I'd rather they make this their break year for the mainline titles. Let the development for the next title get some breathing room and have the rest of the franchise pick up the slack.

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So in my weekly go screw yourself on top of being sick, I found out that I have two days to redo two powerpoints and an essay. On top of being sick from food poisoning, college work bites of my ass. It gonna be a fun few days.

D

Deleted member

been going back and forth with my locals over having more Yugioh formats than just swiss lol. was expecting a hard no, but so far it’s going well.

not going to show the email itself because I’m lazy af(also I used my irl name and personal email, stuff I don’t give out like candy, especially not on forums lol)

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
I don't expect (nor do I want) Sinnoh remakes revealed - they'd have to be super rushed to come out so soon

Not sure what they could be announcing - perhaps the return of certain legendaries or mythicals or something

And the reintroduction of the Battle Frontier of course

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
This is so weird.

I've seen the Direct. About halfway through, Sakurai runs into frame and continues gushing about SNK. He ends it with another play through Terry's classic mode.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Wow, the reveal trailer for Ultimate's DLC Fighter 5 looks great.
MR. BONES Spooks the Fight!
(Just joking.)

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Holy **** that was a lot of alerts.

People remember your birthday when you get a thread named for it I guess.

Thank you, each and every one of you. It's been a really hectic day in a bad way, so this was nice to drop in on.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Holy **** that was a lot of alerts.

Thank you, each and every one of you. It's been a really hectic day in a bad way, so this was nice to drop in on.

Sorry to hear today hasn’t been going well, do you want to talk about it?

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I actually saw someone wish you a happy birthday before I even noticed that the thread title had changed. That’s right. I’m just that perceptive that I didn’t even notice the most obvious change.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Literally in the middle of trying to pull a comeback of finishing work and being sick. Remember people, if you don't know how to cook, don't cook. Otherwise you'll be sick like me.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Welp my laptop is finally starting to die. It's probably got another month or two of life left in it but its having difficulties charging, even with my brand new charger.

I'm not at a point where I can afford one at the same price point right now so I may have to get something cheap to replace it. Sigh. I'm really not looking forward to the downgrade.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I'm ordering a pizza, folks.
6BBBF518-61A9-4906-999A-C85BB8CFEC2B.gif

The guardians are literal nightmare fuel tbh.
View attachment 256161
whenever I didn’t have guardian arrows to murder those mother lovers, I would either run the *** away...or teleport the **** out of there right before their laser hit Link
Which is honestly kind of weird. Like, the other two Nintendo big winners (Mario and Zelda) got new stages, and Sun and Moon were around way longer then Odyssey or Breath of the Wild. You'd think it would have gotten it's own stage.

Wonder what it would have been?
guess Odyssey and BOTW, being Switch games, were bigger priorities when it came to making new stages (same with Splatoon and Castlevania of course). That, and I think they didn’t want to make any more new stages until the dlc era of Ultimate started
When I saw Sordward, this was my first thought.
that is very sexy
I beat the metro kingdom today so of course jump up super star is stuck in my head now.
Also Pauline is best girl.
Pauline earned it after being in spinoffs only for so many years

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Sorry to hear today hasn’t been going well, do you want to talk about it?
Oh, pft. It's just work stuff. A whole lot of work stuff.

Got a sudden unreasonable deadline for recounting all of our unboxed inventory in our new warehouse we just moved into and haven't organized yet on top of what my goals were supposed to be for the week-- organizing said inventory and building the racking necessary to clear it off the ground-- and I've had three unscheduled deliveries today that I didn't have room for-- again, due to the lack of time to organize and build racking-- one of which had a very poorly filled trailer which made the job about seventeen times harder than it should have been.

My back hurts, I'm mentally taxed and it's stressful, but it's just work. I'll have myself some dinner and a long shower after work, then I'll be good. :shades:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Wishing staindgrey staindgrey a Happy Birthday on this fine day! Hope you have been enjoying the birthday well!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom