• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
Personally, I'm interested in seeing the new direct. Though, been thinking about avoiding any impressions & reactions on Twitter in the aftermath. Seriously, there's been quite a number of pessimistic tweets going about saying it'll be nothing but news from Pokemon Home & Sleep.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Personally, I'm interested in seeing the new direct. Though, been thinking about avoiding any impressions & reactions on Twitter in the aftermath. Seriously, there's been quite a number of pessimistic tweets going about saying it'll be nothing but news from Pokemon Home & Sleep.
The Pokemon fanbase has pretty much fallen apart and is nothing but bickering and pointless negativity nowadays. Like Noipoi Noipoi , I've pretty much left Pokemon fandom discussions completely so I can just enjoy the series in peace and form my own thoughts on it.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So, we're almost done with Season 1 of DLC Fighters. And we know a Season 2, or at least, more is on the way.

If there is a Season, do you guys think that there's a possibility of a Season 3? Or is it too early to judge?
If we get a full blown season 2 and preorders for another season pass; and they sell big time like the first pass preorders, then we absolutely get season 3.

with how big the game is and keeps getting if the money is coming in to find it, there’s no reason to not continue to pump dlc out for profit.
Since they're doing a Pokemon Direct now, when do you think we'll get the reveal for FP5? Next month is the end of their release time frame, and it seems we won't be getting a regular Direct this month.
No we absolutely get a direct next week, Wednesday is my bet.

Pokémon are almost always before or after Nintendo directs( within a week) and we have plenty of evidence towards a regular direct coming.

so I’m still betting it’s on it’s way next week

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Sw/Sh felt good to me, it didn't seem meh at all. The only flaws were the Dex cut, ugly Wild Area trees that didn't really bother me anyway, and close pop-ins which also didn't really bug me (there was also the world freezing when climbing a ladder or shaking a tree which was weird, but still, meh), so all-in-all it felt like an excellent game. Just about all textures except the trees seemed about on par with other Switch games, too, and the tree texture itself seemed to be a similar resolution to other textures...just a weird choice. I guess the story didn't feel as "grand" or whatever as some past stories with the huge villainous teams and their psychotic goals, but it was still very good imo and held my interest; it didn't need the same story arc as the others.

I wonder what the Direct will talk about? I figured it would just be details for Home and Sleep, but that German thing says Sw/Sh, and unless they're planning updates or major events, idk what else they'd announce.

Gengar for Smash

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I'd 100% be avoiding the net for the day if it was a Pokemon.

Ignoring people's opinions on Sword/Shield, a loud amount of the online playerbase would throw the rest of the pack under the bus being mad about "More Pokemon"

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
a loud amount of the online playerbase would throw the rest of the pack under the bus being mad about "More Pokemon"
Even if it's a Pokemon I like, I'll be celebrating offline, not wanting to deal with Smash fans' reaction to another reminder that there's more to Pokemon than Pikachu/Mewtwo/arbitrary starter trio.

Last edited:

MooMew64

I'd 100% be avoiding the net for the day if it was a Pokemon.

Ignoring people's opinions on Sword/Shield, a loud amount of the online playerbase would throw the rest of the pack under the bus being mad about "More Pokemon"
Imagine the one-two combo of FP5 being Cinderace and then post-pass 1 being Byleth.

Shroob

Sup?
Even if it's a Pokemon I like, I'll be celebrating offline, not wanting to deal with Smash fans' reaction to another reminder that there's more to Pokemon than Pikachu/Mewtwo/arbitrary starter trio.
Eh, I would kinda agree 'slightly'. Not mad but a bit disappointed.

Pokemon is very well represented, it has more characters than Mario, but if it were the last spot in a, as of now completely 3rd party pass?

It would feel kinda corporate, ngl.

Of course, they're not gonna reveal fighter 5 in a non-General direct, but ending on a Pokemon would be kinda eh, imo at least.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

Pokemon is very well represented, it has more characters than Mario, but if it were the last spot in a, as of now completely 3rd party pass?

Of course, they're not gonna reveal fighter 5 in a non-General direct, but ending on a Pokemon would be kinda eh, imo at least.
I say we compromise and campaign for a dedicated Smash-styled Pokémon fighting game.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719

For me it depends: Was it added just to have an SS Pokemon, or added to cater to years of popularity?

MooMew64

I could honestly care less if FE or Pokemon already have a bunch already, if the character they want to add is fun, the more the merrier I say.

Besides, all DLC adds are corporate adds, they're being chosen in the hopes it makes them money and brings attention to the game. Every character in Smash is an add pick.

Last edited:

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
I wouldn't really want another pokemon in smash right now tbh. I've said it before and i'll say it again: Gimme a new Zelda character. A new Kirby character would be alright too. I see people make the argument "zelda has a rotating cast" but if you think about it, so does Pokemon. Is Incineroar really gonna still be popular in a few years?
I don't have a problem with Pokemon, I like Pokemon actually, but it makes me sad seeing other good franchises consistently get the shaft y'know?

D

Deleted member

Downloading Blazblue Cross Tag for the Switch right now, doubt I'm gonna get to play it tonight though, given it's late already. Can't wait to have on more game I suck at. And more Adachi is always a plus.

D

Deleted member

awww man, dog in the class! and it's a pupper too!

dammit, shoulda taken a photo. oh well..

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I wouldn't really want another pokemon in smash right now tbh. I've said it before and i'll say it again: Gimme a new Zelda character. A new Kirby character would be alright too. I see people make the argument "zelda has a rotating cast" but if you think about it, so does Pokemon. Is Incineroar really gonna still be popular in a few years?
I don't have a problem with Pokemon, I like Pokemon actually, but it makes me sad seeing other good franchises consistently get the shaft y'know?
I actually feel like Pokemon got the shaft as well despite getting a newcomer.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I actually feel like Pokemon got the shaft as well despite getting a newcomer.
i mean they also brought back Pichu and the rest of Pokémon Trainer, a good chunk of stages, added a lot of new Pokéballs and a few new music tracks/remixes, and has the most spirits out of every singular series. Basically the only thing they didn’t get is a new stage.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I wonder, a few months back a random rumor on 4chan popped up. It’s probably fake but out of the 100s of fakes I read this one caught my eye as it mirrored the way real leaks on the site are posted and never drew attention to itself which is hard to do.

It mentioned that sometime in the next year or so Pokémon Go would be getting a full blown expansion of a brand new GO regional dex with new starters and Pokémon such as a fighting type eeveelution being made for the game due to its success.

The aim was to keep drawing people in and I’m pretty sure it mentioned home compatibility.

I wonder if that rumor was actually real is this were we see it? Would kinda of make sense kick off the year in a big way and if the main games are taking longer busting out a whole new world of Pokémon I’m real life would probably make Pokémon go the crazy experience it was at the start and lure in people tO buy home subscriptions.

I wouldn’t mind it, the rumor sounded cool.

D

Deleted member

You look like the kid I stole food from in middle school.
People like that were the reason I always had breakfast at home before going to school.

Actually that’s a lie, it was because I wasn’t hungry.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
i mean they also brought back Pichu and the rest of Pokémon Trainer, a good chunk of stages, added a lot of new Pokéballs and a few new music tracks/remixes, and has the most spirits out of every singular series. Basically the only thing they didn’t get is a new stage.
Which is honestly kind of weird. Like, the other two Nintendo big winners (Mario and Zelda) got new stages, and Sun and Moon were around way longer then Odyssey or Breath of the Wild. You'd think it would have gotten it's own stage.

Wonder what it would have been?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom