• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Alright guys, I got a challenge for you, and it will also help me build my current team in my second save.

Build a Pokemon Galar team that uses only the brand new Pokemon in the Galar region. That means no Pokemon from other regions, with the exception of Galarian Forms. Also no Legendary Wolves or Lokibones.

I'll post some teams in a few.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
My name is More Winks.
Got you, enjoy rhyperior!
You joke but many Pokemon fans would be more than happy with that
me included
And there be a lot of very salty and mad people in the Twitter responses that would be pissed over having to pay for the dex coming back when they see it as a feature that should be there from the start

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Alright here we go. New Galar only teams.
Obstagoon
Grimmsnarl
Theivul
Morpeko
Toxtricity-A
Corviknight
Cinderace
Boltund
Drednaw
Corviknight
Obstagoon
Orbeetle
Flapple
Duraludan
Dragapalt
Dracovish
Gyarados
Charizard

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Also I could be wrong but I think this is the longest or one of the longest non game specific Pokémon directs so it could be interesting

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
Alright guys, I got a challenge for you, and it will also help me build my current team in my second save.

Build a Pokemon Galar team that uses only the brand new Pokemon in the Galar region. That means no Pokemon from other regions, with the exception of Galarian Forms. Also no Legendary Wolves or Lokibones.

I'll post some teams in a few.
There's always my in-game team of Dragapult, Hatterene, Eiscue, Corviknight, Galarian Stunfisk, and Grimmsnarl.

Another option is a super speedy team with Barraskewda, Dragapult, Boltund, Inteleon, Cinderace, and Galarian Rapidash.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
This is the worst idea ever and yet, people would be ok with it, what
This is what people tried to compromise with TPC when it was revealed they wouldn't all be in the game.

Me? I'm okay with the dex limitation. It makes the game more interesting. And 400 is more than enough to play with.

I just wish that they were a little more honest about why they cut the dex. That would of made things a lot more acceptable.

D

Deleted member

Not getting my hopes up about the Pokemon Direct. GF has always been terrible with reveals.

In other Pokemon related news, I found a second Gmax Alcremie, as well as Kingler, who even has its HA, so that's nice.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
The thing about linear games...they aren't falling out of relevance so to speak. Hell Open World games take way more money to make and often barely break even for smaller devs.
Open World games give the feeling of adventure and exploration, something the average gamer doesn't do a whole lot of in the mundane day-to-day life. In other words, Open World games are a trendy thing, but that doesn't necessarily mean that Linear games are falling out of style or anything like that. Linear games are often some of the easiest to make and are easy to play(just look at Undertale for example)

It's the feeling of choice in these later years that gets me hyped up; being able to pick and choose, rather than being dominated by one or the other, is the best thing to happen these past few years.
It certainly doesn’t feel that way to me. When one of your favorite franchises basically abandons it’s old style to pursue the open world/soulsborne trend, it starts to feel pretty hopeless. Hack n slashes, linear platformers, it feels like to get the kinds of games I love I need to have thousands of dollars to pay for a high end pc so I can play these indie games that only release on steam. And even then, they’re more concerned with making metroidvanias and rpgs. With games like Yooka, Hat, and Lucky being the far flung exceptions for ONE of those genres. PlatinumGames is still the only company that reliably and regularly puts out hack n slash games, and even they are falling prey to rpg mechanics and bland “self insert” main characters. Because it always pays to be trendy and exploit the market rather then appeal to specific fanbases who don’t like what’s currently popular.

I’m sorry. This probably sounds way to pessimistic and rant-y. I don’t blame you if you decide to ignore this one.
I just want to point out that BOTW is basically post-apocalyptic sci-fi. Like, yeah, you have swords and shields, magic, kingdoms and tribes, but you also have technology, robots, science, etc.
Good to know I guess. Even though.... I’ll stop myself because apparently I have an excuse for everything and I don’t want to be annoying. Just know that that only marginally fixes my issues.

Like, there are plenty of reasons I’m not excited for Cyberpunk despite its setting and tropes.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
So, we're almost done with Season 1 of DLC Fighters. And we know a Season 2, or at least, more is on the way.

If there is a Season, do you guys think that there's a possibility of a Season 3? Or is it too early to judge?

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
So, we're almost done with Season 1 of DLC Fighters. And we know a Season 2, or at least, more is on the way.

If there is a Season, do you guys think that there's a possibility of a Season 3? Or is it too early to judge?
Waaaaay too ****ing early, mate. Lmao

NurpNurp

Smash Journeyman

I'm of the opinion that we're getting like 2 characters after Pass 1. No second Pass, just a few odds and ends

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
All right, I've gotten back home from school and picked up a Meatball Sub for lunch. How's it hanging?

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113

I'd love that but I think it's a little early. If we get a whole nother 5 in the next group then maybe.

Tako Tuesday

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0245-5753-9220
Here's how my morning went:

I see a message from my brother, which is a YouTube link followed by "Rip". I instinctively know it's some form of disappointing Direct related news and click the message. I see the thumbnail says "Pokémon Direct" and I think to myself, "Eeyup, that's about right."

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
So, we're almost done with Season 1 of DLC Fighters. And we know a Season 2, or at least, more is on the way. If there is a Season, do you guys think that there's a possibility of a Season 3? Or is it too early to judge?
While I want a season 3, I’m starting to think it won’t happen. Although I do think we will probably get at least 5 more fighters. Maybe a few more. For example, my prediction packs inspired by Arlo’s prediction.
Challenger Pack 5: League of Legends
  • Ahri
  • Summoner’s Rift
  • League of Legends Music
  • League of Legends Spirits
Off Season Bundle
  • Geno
  • Edleguard von Hræsvelgr
  • Forrest Maze
  • Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars Music
  • Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars Spirits
  • Fire Emblem: Three Houses Music
  • Fire Emblem: Three Houses Spirits
Fighter Pass 2/Finale Expansion
  • Challenger Pack 6: No More Heroes
    • Travis Touchdown
    • Santa Destroy
    • No More Heroes Series Spirits
    • No More Heroes Series Music
  • Challenger Pack 7: Rayman Series
    • Rayman
    • Band Land
    • Rayman Series Spirits
    • Rayman Series Music
  • Challenger Pack 8: Crash Series
    • Crash Bandicoot
    • N. Sanity Island
    • Crash Series Spirits
    • Crash Series Music
  • Mid-Season Bonus Fighter: Dr. Eggman
  • Challenger Pack 9: Monster Hunter Series
    • Monster Hunter
    • Ancestral Steppe
    • Monster Hunter Series Spirits
    • Monster Hunter Series Music
  • Challenger Pack 10: Tekken Series
    • Heihachi Mishima
    • Pagoda Temple
    • Tekken Series Spirits
    • Tekken Series Music
  • Challenger Pack 11: Astral Chain
    • Officer Howard
    • Astral Plain Incursion
    • Astral Chain Spirits
    • Astral Chain Music
  • Challenger Pack 12: Halo Series
    • Master Chief
    • Instillation 04
    • Halo Series Spirits
    • Halo Series Music

Last edited:

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
I'm gonna expect GF to talk about Pokémon Home for a good portion, then talk about some of the pokémon that ate coded in the game being revealed, and that's it. Nothing more and nothing less.

How they'll manage to pad out that time is honestly their own fault because we had a 24-hour stream for just a single ****ing psychic horse amd honestly that'll never be topped.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I'm confident on next week on an Direct and FP5 since as others said that amiibo releases lines up on their announcements.

Still betting on KOS-MOS, Master Chief or Travis Touchdown.

Also a question to you all if the first post-Pass character were to be announced next week as well and these were the characters. What would you think?

FP5: KOS-MOS
1st post-Pass fighter: Dante

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I'm gonna expect GF to talk about Pokémon Home for a good portion, then talk about some of the pokémon that ate coded in the game being revealed, and that's it. Nothing more and nothing less.

How they'll manage to pad out that time is honestly their own fault because we had a 24-hour stream for just a single ****ing psychic horse amd honestly that'll never be topped.
We don't talk about that here.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
The Pokemon fanbase had a whole fallout on how GF shouldn't pump out yearly games for 10 months straight, and yet, everyone's hyping themselves up for Sinnoh remakes that will supposedly come out this year or something.

Attention Span of 4 seconds.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
The Pokemon fanbase had a whole fallout on how GF shouldn't pump out yearly games for 10 months straight, and yet, everyone's hyping themselves up for Sinnoh remakes that will supposedly come out this year or something.

Attention Span of 4 seconds.
Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I'm confident on next week on an Direct and FP5 since as others said that amiibo releases lines up on their announcements.

Also a question to you all if the first post-Pass character were to be announced next week as well and these were the characters. What would you think?

I wouldn’t complain. But I’m still betting on it being someone completely out of left field like a Borderlands character, a league of legends character, or heck, even a Sony character.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there

I honestly don't think we're getting another season at all. I'm expecting post-pass to just be a few extras.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul

I'd be ecstatic since both of them are among my most wanted.

Tako Tuesday

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0245-5753-9220
Since they're doing a Pokemon Direct now, when do you think we'll get the reveal for FP5? Next month is the end of their release time frame, and it seems we won't be getting a regular Direct this month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom