• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
I wanted to say morning to you guys.
7e7.png

I sometimes picture EVERY. SINGLE. OF. US teaming up to defeat Thanos and prevent him from erasing half of Smashboards itself.
Me: "Smashboards... assemble."

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

They're really waiting until the last minute to announce Fighter 5
Unless there's another Direct this month. Last year we had a normal Direct and a Pokemon Direct both in February so it's not entirely out of the question

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
you never know, guys

Baboom could be our fighter 5 and this is how they're announcing him

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

This might be the first time I skip a Direct since 2017
And I only skipped pre-2018 Directs because I didn't have a way to watch them live

Milo AKA Papa

Activating Combat Mode
Switch FC
SW-4274-2684-5210
Direct seems cool, I for one still have hope for Gen 4 remakes. Pokémon home is inevitable but I don't have usum so I don't really care about it. Might finally get HA starters too with this too

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Whelp February it is.
Please no. They’ve had regular directs and Pokémon ones in the same month. Right?
They're really waiting until the last minute to announce Fighter 5
Unless there's another Direct this month. Last year we had a normal Direct and a Pokemon Direct both in February so it's not entirely out of the question
I really really hope you are right. With everyone so antsy for Smash and other possible titles like Bayonetta 3, now just does not seem like a good strategic place to announce a Pokémon.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
For those curious, there can still be a Ninty direct this month. 2 directs in one month have happened before.
Especially since TPC largely does their ow. Thing and probably didn’t give Nintendo any options about when this would air.

I’m just dissapointed now because if it happens at all it won’t be before I go back to classes. So there’s a good chance I won’t be able to watch live.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The only way this could be good is if they announce a new Pokemon Mystery Dungeon

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Here's hoping for Pokken 2.

It's not happening though.
Especially since TPC largely does their ow. Thing and probably didn’t give Nintendo any options about when this would air.

I’m just dissapointed now because if it happens at all it won’t be before I go back to classes. So there’s a good chance I won’t be able to watch live.
Understandable. I go back in 2 weeks, so I'm hoping one is announced this or next week.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
The only way this could be good is if they announce a new Pokemon Mystery Dungeon
Agree if I created the new Pokemon Mystery Dungeon for Switch, I would mash both Gen 7/Gen 8 together. (Eternatus with Necrozma as well Ultra Beasts as the main antagonists.)

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Wish Fulfilled: we're getting the long awaited Diamond and Pearl Remakes

Monkey's Paw: Let's Go is how they're doing all remakes now

Hope y'all enjoy Let's Go: Riolu and Lets Go: Buneary!

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Ok. Can I just say one thing? As someone who played through all the way till the end of Pokémon shield. I do not like the wild area. It’s too big and the weather can make it impossible to traverse. Especially without a minimal or guide compas. And I never used it for its intended purpose of exploration and catching Pokémon. Sure, I would do raid battles to get EXP Candies, and I would occasionally catch those Pokémon if I was interested in what’s there. But I never went in with the express purpose of Pokémon Hunting. I liked the routes and towns better. They’re much more linear and therefor more focused and directed, and while there is some sense of branching pathways, they’re always short enough that you can easily return to the main path so as not to miss anything. I even like the fixed camera better just because it’s one less thing to worry about on my end. Even if I did wish it focused or flipped in a better way when you want to move south.

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
Well, we got ourselves a Pokemon Direct. We could still get a normal direct after this though, it's a possibility.

Also, hey everyone!

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
DK needs some love ASAP. His anniversary passed by with nothing! I was really hoping retro had another DK game up their sleeves. But considering all the talk about “multiple cancelled projects” from the studio, in all likelihood Metroid Prime 4 is all they’re working on right now and all that we’ll be seeing from them for a while.

Which, hey, is great for Metroid fans. I’m super happy for them. That series does not get any where near enough love. But.... well... I don’t like Metroid. I like linear progression and action heavy gameplay, be it fighting or athleticism. I don’t like non-linear storytelling and exploration heavy gameplay. So Metroid doesn’t do for me what their DK games do. So.... I’m dissapointed is all.

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
WOW, the Pokemon Direct airs on my birthday! This feels like a nice birthday present!

Too bad I am on my way to work around the time the Direct goes live in my time zone (8:30 AM), so I'll either have to be lucky to somehow watch it live, or I won't be able to see it until either my lunch break or when I arrive back home.

Wasn't expecting a Pokemon Direct tbh, but considering that Pokemon Home should be coming soon, it makes sense. I have a feeling that's going to take up most of the presentation; perhaps they might even talk about Pokemon Sleep as well.

It would feel absolutely surreal and amazing if DP remakes are announced at the end of the Direct, but a good part of me is saying that would be too good to be true, so I don't want to get my hopes up just yet. We'll see though.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Lol have the Directs aired on the sane day before, though? Because we may just have to wait until next week because of this, and at worst, two more.

D

Deleted member

Finally the hectic late December and early January days are over, so I'm back. Hi guys.

And Happy New Year, even if it's a tad late.

D

Deleted member

Ok. Can I just say one thing? As someone who played through all the way till the end of Pokémon shield. I do not like the wild area. It’s too big and the weather can make it impossible to traverse. Especially without a minimal or guide compas. And I never used it for its intended purpose of exploration and catching Pokémon. Sure, I would do raid battles to get EXP Candies, and I would occasionally catch those Pokémon if I was interested in what’s there. But I never went in with the express purpose of Pokémon Hunting. I liked the routes and towns better. They’re much more linear and therefor more focused and directed, and while there is some sense of branching pathways, they’re always short enough that you can easily return to the main path so as not to miss anything. I even like the fixed camera better just because it’s one less thing to worry about on my end. Even if I did wish it focused or flipped in a better way when you want to move south.
It's so like you to not like the wild area because "It's too open" lol.

TBH that's kinda my sentiment as well, from my little to no experience with it, but I like that GF at the very least tried something new for once.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom