• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rizen

Smash Legend
So, I have a little question. When picking a character, do any of you stick with a specific alternate color palette/costume/character swap that's a personal favorite of yours? For me when I'm playing Smash, I usually stick with either a character's default look or a primary alt that I like the most.
:ultyounglink: Dark Blue.
:ultwolf: Vanilla.
:ultlink: Royal Guard
:ultganondorf: Green (because my Ganon is on Link's side)
:ultridley: Full mecha Ridley
:ultkrool: Vanilla (because his alt colors are ugly)

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I apologise if this upsets any of you guys who wanted Ashley in Smash:
View attachment 256051
If I remembered that there was a war between K. Rool fans and Ashley fans who wanted their characters in Smash before the direct.
You have to be some level of toxic to of drawn something like this. I'm assuming you didn't, but whoever did... Christ.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
So, I have a little question. When picking a character, do any of you stick with a specific alternate color palette/costume/character swap that's a personal favorite of yours? For me when I'm playing Smash, I usually stick with either a character's default look or a primary alt that I like the most.
Purple and green Banjo-Kazooie
Purple/blonde Zelda
Purple and orange K. Rool
Purple Toon Link
Purple/mauve Young Link
Cordelia Lucina
Gravity Suit Samus
Regular Wolf
Regular Little Mac
Regular Duck Hunt

Basically, I always pick purple costumes if available (with a few exceptions).

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Believe me, that's mild compared to what was being churned out during that time.
Bud. Polish a turd, it's still a turd. Who cares if there was something worse? Hell that just reminds me even furthur why I hate the speculation side of the fan base.

Eugh... I'm gonna just forget I saw that.

Edit: I'm also gonna change this avatar. That white background is going to be the end of me.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Bud. Polish a turd, it's still a turd. Who cares if there was something worse? Hell that just reminds me even furthur why I hate the speculation side of the fan base.

Eugh... I'm gonna just forget I saw that.

Edit: I'm also gonna change this avatar. That white background is going to be the end of me.
I gotchu covered, fam

9549a64dee8dd72c275a5f773bd09a0b.jpg

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I apologise if this upsets any of you guys who wanted Ashley in Smash:
View attachment 256051
If I remembered that there was a war between K. Rool fans and Ashley fans who wanted their characters in Smash before the direct. And guess what? K. Rool got in while Ashley became a trophy. (which resulted fan art of K. Rool being mean to poor Ashley.)
Oh, I remember this.

Ashley got deconfirmed in the same stream as K. Rool, and there was this one guy who really wanted Ashley on /v/ and basically everyone hated him. NSFW work was also obviously made if you dig deep enough.

Last edited:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Oh, I remember this.

Ashley got deconfirmed in the same stream as K. Rool, and there was this one guy who really wanted Ashley on /v/ and basically everyone hated him. NSFW work was also obviously made if you dig deep enough.
Don't forget poor QueenAshleyChan who sadly died by suicide after months of bullying from toxic fans due to her wanting Ashley as a fighter. (May she rest in peace...)
*sighs* This why the Smash community is hated by everyone.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Don't forget poor QueenAshleyChan who sadly died by suicide after months of bullying from toxic fans due to her wanting Ashley as a fighter. (May she rest in peace...)
Never heard of this one.

That was outed as a hoax ages ago iirc.
Won't be the first time someone faked their death around here.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Sorry I glanced over this earlier, but yeah I would greatly appreciate it. I’m basically just talking about my writing for this in general but if there’s a certain area you prefer to work in like the overall narrative, character personalities, character arcs, dialogue, etc. just let me know. Right now I’m trying to figure out Jaki’s story, the partner I shared art of earlier.
I don’t really have any preference to help anything specific. I’ve worked as an editor and writer before so I have a lot of fun no matter the area. Feel free to pm any parts you want some help for.
How the **** did a bat get in your house lol.
They have no bones and can squeeze through the tiniest of gaps.

I had 3 get into my house this past year and another 6 over the past few years. It’s always pretty crazy

Shroob

Sup?
I don’t really have any preference to help anything specific. I’ve worked as an editor and writer before so I have a lot of fun no matter the area. Feel free to pm any parts you want some help for.

They have no bones and can squeeze through the tiniest of gaps.

I had 3 get into my house this past year and another 6 over the past few years. It’s always pretty crazy
No bones or are their bones just hollow/cartilage?

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
I wonder when Nintendo will have a Shy Guy that isn't a male but a female. RPGs are the best option but then again, after the fanart maybe Nintendo doesn't want to.

Still though, I'd love that. Just a cute concept. Maybe it's just a regular Shy Guy but when you talk to them they're like "Um... Actually, I-I prefer 'she'."

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I wonder when Nintendo will have a Shy Guy that isn't a male but a female. RPGs are the best option but then again, after the fanart maybe Nintendo doesn't want to.

Still though, I'd love that. Just a cute concept. Maybe it's just a regular Shy Guy but when you talk to them they're like "Um... Actually, I-I prefer 'she'."
If only I hadn’t hit my quota on female partners.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Wademan94 Wademan94
Fu
Ta
Ba
Sa
Ku
Ra

...is a good little sister
just live your life. a direct will come when it comes
I don’t have a life outside of Smash
New Mutants is still a thing

It's the original cut, no re-shoots or overhauls.
looks like it’ll be a good conclusion to the X-Men movie franchise before fully moving to the MCU
Zinith Zinith

Look how they massacred your boy

Yoshi seems fine
Found this picture of K. Rool and Ridley dressed up as Wario and Waluigi. (You can see them in the background.)
View attachment 256060
Waluigi can finally be playable in Smash

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Hope the fires in Aussie stops.
3s5yh9env9941.jpg

I feel bad for those poor animals.
2c50abd1c9c96485fc0a9c86a3c01091--hoshi-no-kaabii-dreamland.jpg

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
That's fine. If not in your RPG, it's an idea I hope Nintendo themselves adapt into Paper Mario since Shy Guys are the only major enemy we haven't had a partner of yet. I feel like that's #1 on the priority list for potential partners in the next TTYD/64-styled game. I mean, hell, if you think about it, Flurrie in execution is basically a Thwomp beyond one move. A Magikoopa or a Koopa Bro. that can use the moves of a Hammer, Ice, Fire, and Boomerang Bro. could also be cool.

And suddenly I imagined the 3D models from Mario and Luigi maybe being used in an RPG that includes the battling on a stage from PM 64 and TTYD. Maybe like your idea they can have different characters have different partners fitting for their side of the story and all. Ugh. Please let the next Paper Mario be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom