• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
So, I have a little question. When picking a character, do any of you stick with a specific alternate color palette/costume/character swap that's a personal favorite of yours? For me when I'm playing Smash, I usually stick with either a character's default look or a primary alt that I like the most.
I always use the Akechi costume for Joker and the May costume for Pokemon trainer. I also use Terry's fatal fury 1 design.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
So, I have a little question. When picking a character, do any of you stick with a specific alternate color palette/costume/character swap that's a personal favorite of yours? For me when I'm playing Smash, I usually stick with either a character's default look or a primary alt that I like the most.
Whenever i get the chance, I like playing the :ultinklingboy: Cyan color.

Shocking I know.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I use Pinkling, Black Trainer, and Erdrick. I also use Red Isabelle, and if I ever play him, Black Villager.

Really, the only default I use is G&W.

Tbh, I almost never used alts in previous Smash games.

Shroob

Sup?
It's kinda funny.

I've kinda entered an almost zen-like state about fighter 5.

I'll probably get excited whenever they get shown off but, like, at this moment, I could not care less who it is or when they'll drop lol.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I have returned.

Dragon Quest XI S is still amazing. 60 hrs in and not even at post-game yet.

In my sudden burst of expanding my backlog (for essentially no reason besides the desire to suddenly do it) my backlog is like 10x worse than it used to be.

After DQXIS, I have the following in my backlog:

Nier Automata (2B for Smash!)
The Witcher 3
Half-Life 2
Portal 1 and 2
Ace Attorney 1-4
Fallout New Vegas
Dragon Quest IV, VI, VII, VIII, and IX
Link’s Awakening
Astral Chain
Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon
God of War Origins Collection (basically PSP games)
Ratchet and Clank collection
Bravely Default
Final Fantasy III, IV, XII
Zelda: Triforce Heroes
Phantom Hourglass
Spirit Tracks
...might be some I’m missing.

Basically, I’m doomed. Yet, I’m torn. From what I’ve gathered Dragon Quest V is quite expensive, but that’s also because it’s rather hard to find. I’ve checked pricing for sales on sites like eBay, and it seems as though the prices are fair for what they’re asking.

The life of the oppressed gamer.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
It's kinda funny.

I'll probably get excited whenever they get shown off but, like, at this moment, I could not care less who it is or when they'll drop lol.
I'm really hoping for news this week, this week's gonna be boring otherwise with school coming back and all.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Anyone: *takes a break*
Social:
It’s better then posting and getting no response so often that you start to worry that people blocked you.

Anyway calling it direct announced tomorrow, airs Wednesday
I don’t buy Wednesday. I’m leaning on Thursday. Which means it would have to be announced either Wednesday or... Today. And since we got no announcement today, that means that we won’t see an announcement till Wednesday.

Would love to be wrong though.
It's kinda funny.

I envy you. I can’t find inner peace until all the cards are on the table.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
It’s better then posting and getting no response so often that you start to worry that people blocked you.

I don’t buy Wednesday. I’m leaning on Thursday. Which means it would have to be announced either Wednesday or... Today. And since we got no announcement today, that means that we won’t see an announcement till Wednesday.

Would love to be wrong though.

I envy you. I can’t find inner peace until all the cards are on the table.
Those cards are gonna be held awhile, Snake. We've got more than just the initial 5(6) now.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
I love finding out what dlc we're gonna get next, but at the same time I don't want the end to come. What's gonna happen to this thread after the last dlc drops?

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
What type of writing help you need? If you want to put out some ideas and get feedback or more ideas then I would t mind trying to help you out. I usually enjoy writing and it could be fun given the concepts I’ve already seen you talk about for what you have in mind.
Sorry I glanced over this earlier, but yeah I would greatly appreciate it. I’m basically just talking about my writing for this in general but if there’s a certain area you prefer to work in like the overall narrative, character personalities, character arcs, dialogue, etc. just let me know. Right now I’m trying to figure out Jaki’s story, the partner I shared art of earlier.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Those cards are gonna be held awhile, Snake. We've got more than just the initial 5(6) now.
I know. And the madness will eat me alive until then.
But hey, the more stress I use on Smash, the less I have to apply to things like school or my weight. That’s how that works, right?
I love finding out what dlc we're gonna get next, but at the same time I don't want the end to come. What's gonna happen to this thread after the last dlc drops?
Probably what’s happening now. We might finally have that irl meetup in the community center in Toledo we were talkin about.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
But hey, the more stress I use on Smash, the less I have to apply to things like school or my weight. That’s how that works, right?
First step:

Embrace the madness

Phn'nglui Phn'nglui
Fhtagn Fhtagn

Last edited:

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113

Probably what’s happening now. We might finally have that irl meetup in the community center in Toledo we were talkin about.
Irl meetup? I didn't hear anything about this.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Irl meetup? I didn't hear anything about this.
nothing is actually planned. But the subject comes up from time to time.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113

nothing is actually planned. But the subject comes up from time to time.
Oh, i'd love to be part of that if I can. Depends if I have a job and can afford a plane ticket by that point. Unless the meetup is anywhere near Texas then I may actually be able to attend.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Pop quiz. What looks like a dog but has wings?

The answer: ITS IN MY ****ING HOUSE. ITS A ****ING BAT AND ITS IN MY HOUSE.

Well. Was. Soon as I saw it, I opened the door and it immediately left.

I never appreciated such respect of personal space before in my entire ****ing life.

Shroob

Sup?

I never appreciated such respect of personal space before in my entire ****ing life.
How the **** did a bat get in your house lol.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
How the **** did a bat get in your house lol.
I've explored abandoned houses that have no broken windows or anything and there were hella bats in there.

Bats aren't aggressive though, they just kinda vibe.

Shroob

Sup?
I dunno if there even are any bats around here. We got a ****ton of owls and large birds, but I've never seen any bats.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
It's freezing so badly right now, I'm under a couple blankets completely to keep warm.

I've explored abandoned houses that have no broken windows or anything and there were hella bats in there.

Bats aren't aggressive though, they just kinda vibe.
Bats are just dogs with wings once your with one long enough.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Man I miss having a ****load of money and not worry about the world coming close to ending. Simpler times, I miss it.

Last edited:

famous_box

Smash Rookie
I have returned.

Dragon Quest XI S is still amazing. 60 hrs in and not even at post-game yet.

In my sudden burst of expanding my backlog (for essentially no reason besides the desire to suddenly do it) my backlog is like 10x worse than it used to be.

After DQXIS, I have the following in my backlog:

Nier Automata (2B for Smash!)
The Witcher 3
Half-Life 2
Portal 1 and 2
Ace Attorney 1-4
Fallout New Vegas
Dragon Quest IV, VI, VII, VIII, and IX
Link’s Awakening
Astral Chain
Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon
God of War Origins Collection (basically PSP games)
Ratchet and Clank collection
Bravely Default
Final Fantasy III, IV, XII
Zelda: Triforce Heroes
Phantom Hourglass
Spirit Tracks
...might be some I’m missing.

Basically, I’m doomed. Yet, I’m torn. From what I’ve gathered Dragon Quest V is quite expensive, but that’s also because it’s rather hard to find. I’ve checked pricing for sales on sites like eBay, and it seems as though the prices are fair for what they’re asking.

The life of the oppressed gamer.
Idk if you know or not, but square has dragon quest v and others on iOS App Store for cheap. I’ve been playing the heck out of CHRONO trigger recently:)

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Idk if you know or not, but square has dragon quest v and others on iOS App Store for cheap. I’ve been playing the heck out of CHRONO trigger recently:)
I appreciate the heads-up! However, I’m all about that gaming collection on the bookshelf, where you can line up all the cases.

It makes things more expensive, that’s for sure. But man, does it look pretty.

Also, Chrono Trigger is fantastic. Great pick!

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

aww man, you had a flying dog in your house? Lucky

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
For Mega Man, it's mostly Default Blue/Cyan or the Red/Orange Fire Mega Man. I use most of the others a bit here and there. For Ridley, it's mostly Meta Ridley and the Silver Meta Ridley. I should use Red Ridley more.

Terry I mostly use default, cause of no full Garou costume.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
I apologise if this upsets any of you guys who wanted Ashley in Smash:
5c5.png

If I remembered that there was a war between K. Rool fans and Ashley fans who wanted their characters in Smash before the direct. And guess what? K. Rool got in while Ashley became a trophy. (which resulted fan art of K. Rool being mean to poor Ashley.)

Last edited:

famous_box

Smash Rookie
Scoliosis Jones Scoliosis Jones

Portal 1 can be knocked out real fast. Like, sub 2 hours. There's not much of a narrative to it. Portal 2's a bit longer but not a whole lot.
Yeah p2 definitely has a short single player campaign, however if you have someone to play with, the co-op is a sizable number of fun hours

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master

This is literally my dream, I want nothing more than a pet bat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom