• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I really need a laptop but 1, I dont have the money and 2 parents dont have the money

No one has the money
Never, ever go cheap on a laptop. It will always have issues.

That said, if it's not essential to be mobile, you can build your own PC for fairly cheap, at least compared to a laptop. Especially if you aren't gaming on it.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Yeah, that's my issue.

Me: "Hey Mom, Dad, I'm a functional adult and I buy my own **** all year, so I think we're a little past the spending-a-bunch-of-money-for-Christmas thing now. I don't need anything, really."

Them: "Okay honey."

Also Them: "Here's $400 of clothes!"

:glare:
hey man, I wouldnt complain about getting 400 bucks worth of cloths, Id take that **** any day

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC

That said, if it's not essential to be mobile, you can build your own PC for fairly cheap, at least compared to a laptop. Especially if you aren't gaming on it.
lol right, describe cheap and Ill tell you if it is actually cheap

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Me? oh no. I was never with it.
This reminds me of this time in math class. We all have assigned seats, so I had to sit next to this girl. I never talked to her, because I really didn't want to, and then one day she randomly asked me if I had a Snapchat. I told her I didn't. She asked if I had Twitter, or Instagram. I said no to those two as well. She then started asking me if I had listened to certain songs, and I had never heard those songs names, so I said no to all of those as well. She then asked me if I even had a phone. I said no. She then proceeded to look at me like I was detached from society, and I can't blame her.

...I don't know why that reminded me of all of that.

Last edited:

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
hey man, I wouldnt complain about getting 400 bucks worth of cloths, Id take that **** any day
I know. I know.

My parents and I have had a strained relationship over their amassed wealth so the things I complain about sound ridiculous. I make a point to build my own finances and stay independent of their money, but then they throw their money at me anyway as a substitute for the genuine affection we lack. It's almost always something superfluous that I'll never want or use because they get me things they think I should want, rather than the things I actually want. Right now, all I want is enough capital to invest in a recording studio of our own to start fast-tracking videos. But that's just "the video thing" to them, so I'll probably get dress shirts for the job I don't have and like tickets to a trip on some famous dude's yacht.

It's always greener grass elsewhere, I know.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
I know. I know.

My parents and I have had a strained relationship over their amassed wealth so the things I complain about sound ridiculous. I make a point to build my own finances and stay independent of their money, but then they throw their money at me anyway as a substitute for the genuine affection we lack. It's almost always something superfluous that I'll never want or use because they get me things they think I should want, rather than the things I actually want. Right now, all I want is enough capital to invest in a recording studio of our own to start fast-tracking videos. But that's just "the video thing" to them, so I'll probably get dress shirts for the job I don't have and like tickets to a trip on some famous dude's yacht.

if you get 400 bucks worth of cloths, send then to me in Virginia because I and my family aint got enough money to even buy much clothing

ill take the tickets too since you dont want them

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
This reminds me of this time in math class. We all have assigned seats, so I had to sit next to this girl. I never talked to her, because I really didn't want to, and then one day she randomly asked me if I had a Snapchat. I told her I didn't. She asked if I had Twitter, or Instagram. I said no to those two as well. She then started asking me if I had listened to certain songs, and I had never heard those songs names, so I said no to all of those as well. She then asked me if I even had a phone. I said no. She then proceeded to look at me like I was detached from society, and I can't blame her.

...I don't know why that reminded me of all of that.
“Do you have any social media?”
“I post on Smashboards”
:cheep::halfsheep::emptysheep:

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
lol right, describe cheap and Ill tell you if it is actually cheap
Well, if you go strictly used and take a 7200RPM HDD instead of a SSD, you could get a functioning Win10 machine built for like $150. It would be bare minimum with no dedicated GPU, but that's the sort of stuff I did in college.

Problem is Win10 itself costs $100, so unless you're comfortable using Linux or pirating Windows ripping a copy of Win7 off an old discarded PC, then you're looking at more than that. So like I said, it's cheap comparatively with Laptops and other pre-built PCs.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Well, if you go strictly used and take a 7200RPM HDD instead of a SSD, you could get a functioning Win10 machine built for like $150. It would be bare minimum with no dedicated GPU, but that's the sort of stuff I did in college.

Problem is Win10 itself costs $100, so unless you're comfortable using Linux or pirating Windows ripping a copy of Win7 off an old discarded PC, then you're looking at more than that. So like I said, it's cheap comparatively with Laptops and other pre-built PCs.
Now, someone like me that cant get a job no matter what, ya think I have 150 to spare? Adding on win10 onto that price? Hell, after I get animal crossing, I aint touching my account for a LONG time because Im saving money for emergencys

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Yeah, that's my issue.

Me: "Hey Mom, Dad, I'm a functional adult and I buy my own **** all year, so I think we're a little past the spending-a-bunch-of-money-for-Christmas thing now. I don't need anything, really."

Them: "Okay honey."

Also Them: "Here's $400 of clothes!"

If they’re gonna do that why not just give you the money?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I want That Grass Is Greener in the TCG back...

Harpie's Feather Duster too. And Cyber Jar. Though I don't want Shock Master back despite loving to use it quite well. The main deck it fits the most is a counter/negation deck anyway.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
It's a nice day when Tyler drops two unfinished tracks and they still sound great.

Best Interest is definitely IGOR, though Group B sounds like something off of Earl's Some Rap Songs.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Now, someone like me that cant get a job no matter what, ya think I have 150 to spare? Adding on win10 onto that price? Hell, after I get animal crossing, I aint touching my account for a LONG time because Im saving money for emergencys
I don't claim to know what you have or don't have. This is all I said:

Was simply offering advice in case a computer is necessary and you needed it as cheap as possible. That is basically as cheap as possible. Just tryin' to help.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
If they’re gonna do that why not just give you the money?
Because mom's too sentimental to make Christmas presents transactions, I'm too prideful to actually take it and they don't believe my channel will actually amount to much.

If they did offer it I'm not sure if I would accept it. If I did, they could always hold that investment over me as a "remember how we were the reason you were able to do this?" thing.

But hey, that's what Patreon's for.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
I don't claim to know what you have or don't have. This is all I said:

Was simply offering advice in case a computer is necessary and you needed it as cheap as possible. That is basically as cheap as possible. Just tryin' to help.
Sorry i got testy but yeah, to me cheap would be a laptop that has everything on it already that I dont have to buy extra stuff for. I had a good laptop that was below 200 bucks that my parents bout me years ago and the dude lasted for years. Asking for a laptop now is out of the question so Ill never get one in this life time. At least I have enough in my account to get animal crossing

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero
I accidentally clicked on no images right when I finally uploaded them all...not doing that again for another hour. And I saw a few people show up late for submitting, there were a bit too much to do them all, sorry about that.

District 1
Joey Wheeler
Alive
Mokey
Alive
Baboom
Alive
Dilan
Alive

District 2
Guh-Huzzah!
Alive
Shantae
Alive
Cuphead
Alive
Toxtricity
Alive

District 3
Isabelle
Alive
Margo Martindale
Alive
Dr. Eggman (Jim Carrey)
Alive
ZeRo
Alive

District 4
RH Reporter
Alive
Baby Yoda
Alive
Megamind
Alive
Banjo
Alive

District 5
Darli Dagger
Alive
Skarlet
Alive
Shulk
Alive
Goku Black
Alive

District 6
Wall-E
Alive
Angry Video Game Nerd
Alive
Detective Pikachu
Alive
Kool-Aid Man
Alive

District 7
Drake and Josh
Alive
Lucky the Leprechaun
Alive
Toothless
Alive
Spinel
Alive

District 8
Inigo Montoya
Alive
J. Robert Oppenheimer
Alive
Merrell Twins
Alive
Jumputi Heroes
Alive

District 9
Christmas Nightmare
Alive
Puppetmon
Alive
Trollface
Alive
Yata-Garasu
Alive

District 10
Dreepy
Alive
Prince Azymondias
Alive
Tutter
Alive
Mr. Rime
Alive

District 11
Johnny Bravo
Alive
Elon Musk
Alive
Frosty the Snowman
Alive
Rem
Alive

District 12
Raihan
Alive
Dedue
Alive
Hatterene
Alive
Vergeben
Alive

Should I get started now?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I accidentally clicked on no images right when I finally uploaded them all...not doing that again for another hour.

District 1
Joey Wheeler
Alive
Mokey
Alive
Baboom
Alive
Dilan
Alive

District 2
Guh-Huzzah!
Alive
Shantae
Alive
Cuphead
Alive
Toxtricity
Alive

District 3
Isabelle
Alive
Margo Martindale
Alive
Dr. Eggman (Jim Carrey)
Alive
ZeRo
Alive

District 4
RH Reporter
Alive
Baby Yoda
Alive
Megamind
Alive
Banjo
Alive

District 5
Darli Dagger
Alive
Skarlet
Alive
Shulk
Alive
Goku Black
Alive

District 6
Wall-E
Alive
Angry Video Game Nerd
Alive
Detective Pikachu
Alive
Kool-Aid Man
Alive

District 7
Drake and Josh
Alive
Lucky the Leprechaun
Alive
Toothless
Alive
Spinel
Alive

District 8
Inigo Montoya
Alive
J. Robert Oppenheimer
Alive
Merrell Twins
Alive
Jumputi Heroes
Alive

District 9
Christmas Nightmare
Alive
Puppetmon
Alive
Trollface
Alive
Yata-Garasu
Alive

District 10
Dreepy
Alive
Prince Azymondias
Alive
Tutter
Alive
Mr. Rime
Alive

District 11
Johnny Bravo
Alive
Elon Musk
Alive
Frosty the Snowman
Alive
Rem
Alive

District 12
Raihan
Alive
Dedue
Alive
Hatterene
Alive
Vergeben
Alive

Should I get started now?
Forgot to add my team...

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
My mom always feels guilty around Christmas because I'm "hard to shop for" and he always spends more money on my sisters then on me. She always ends up apologizing for it.

All the while she could just send me a Christmas card and I'd be satisfied. The thing that makes me hard to shop for is that I never ask for much, while my sisters have no shortage of requests this time of year.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
My mom always feels guilty around Christmas because I'm "hard to shop for" and he always spends more money on my sisters then on me. She always ends up apologizing for it.

All the while she could just send me a Christmas card and I'd be satisfied. The thing that makes me hard to shop for is that I never ask for much, while my sisters have no shortage of requests this time of year.
I used to ask for big stuff then realized I was being a spoiled **** and grew up. Now everyone in the famlity is just ok with socks, clothing or gift cards

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
I had all but one tribute left when you arrived, a few other people also showed up late, and I couldn't make space for everyone's picks. I'll tag you next time I do this.
Thanks! Don't forget to tag me.
Lemme know if another Hunger Games arrives next time.
Godzilla (Godzilla)
Meme Man (Surreal Memes)
Dedede (Kirby)
Rathalos (Monster Hunter)
I know I already done this.
Thanks for telling me.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I used to ask for big stuff then realized I was being a spoiled **** and grew up. Now everyone in the famlity is just ok with socks, clothing or gift cards
Gift Cards are meh to me. Money is worse. I like regular cards and gifts in general. Money to me feels like you're not trying to think of what would be nice. Clothes are great cause it means I have nice stuff to wear, so I won't feel cold. Shirts I wear at different times, like when I got for my dentist appointment...

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
My mom always feels guilty around Christmas because I'm "hard to shop for"
To my mom this is code for "I have no idea what your interests are so here are Marvel comics themed clothes"

...I guess that's just what happens when most if not all of your interests are japanese things that aren't readily available in a local/cheap shop.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
When you're a little one, you pretty much want everything that seems remotely cool. You're watching some Spongebob, and suddenly, this ultra cool toy from a totally radical and realistic commercial comes up, and you want it. Only that's what it's like from every kids channel around the holidays, so all these kids want every little thing.

Only for it all to be in the unplayed toys corner of your room.

When you mature, you can determine what you truly want and need, so Christmas isn't as special when it comes to gifts.

I for one was more excited for the family aspect of the season over the presents for the first time ever this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom