• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Favorite anime dub openings, go!

was gonna do Buddyfight op 1, but decided against it :p

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
you know for tales and all everyone talking about lloyd and yuri, i've never once seen yuri in my life

and now i dont know if i ever want to again, bootleg sasuke
You are missing out because he is far from Sasuke as you can get. He actually is a fun character and not an angsty boy

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Favorite anime dub openings, go!

was gonna do Buddyfight op 1, but decided against it :p
You're just asking for our favorite anime OPs. A dub opening is either drastically shortened for the sake of making up for the differences between Western and Japanese commercial broadcasts or entirely different songs and footage like what 4Kids and its modern subsidiary does nowadays.

So favorite anime OP in general?

Cowboy Bebop's OP and Battle Tendency's OP is what I would consider if we mean the actual quality of the OP itself.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
How much of a bomb was it again?
To put it into perspective , it cost about $95 million to make, not counting factors like marketing, and the general consensus is that a movie needs to make about double it's budget in order to be considered a success,

So Cats needs to make at least $190 million in it's entire run to be considered a hit

sor far, in it's first weekend, it opened with only $6 million here in the states, and a total of only $10 million worldwide

oof
Does anyone want to take part in another HG sim? I might start one later if anyone's interested.
also, yeah, sure count me in

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
So Cats needed to make at least $190 million in it's entire run to be considered a hit

it opened with only $6 million here in the states, and a total of only $10 million worldwide

oof
We've hit the world record of lowest opening box office sales three times this year, IIRC. Goes to show how many stinkers we've had lately.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Does anyone want to take part in another HG sim? I might start one later if anyone's interested.
I'm game.

Tag me if you actually go through with it and need character suggestions, tho.

How much of a bomb was it again?
Eh, I'm sure it won't perform too badly since there will definitely be a crowd that buys their tickets out of morbid curiosity.

Edit: Raymond came through with the current earnings so disregard that last statement.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

You're just asking for our favorite anime OPs. A dub opening is either drastically shortened for the sake of making up for the differences between Western and Japanese commercial broadcasts or entirely different songs and footage like what 4Kids and its modern subsidiary does nowadays.

So favorite anime OP in general?

Cowboy Bebop's OP and Battle Tendency's OP is what I would consider if we mean the actual quality of the OP itself.
That’s kinda the point why I said “Dub” because they tend to be vastly different from there overseas counterparts. I daresay that I prefer dub ops for a lot of shows(cough cough anything Bushiroad cough cough)

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Day 7 of my World of Light Nuzlocke is in the books!
Here are the updates:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1OzvGNIbhSUCi6X8tGw0hnSR7PUo_z11ZDtGTSggxfWY/edit?usp=sharing

Alive/Rescued: Mario, Peach, Bowser, Captain Falcon, Joker, Terry, Fox, Lucas, Falco, Ness, Mii Gunner/Sans, Olimar, Link, Mii Swordfighter, Sonic, Mii Brawler, Zelda, Young Link, Cloud, Chrom, Ganondorf

Dead/Defeated
  • 1st Out: Sheik (Shinobu battle)
  • 2nd Out: Jigglypuff (Fi battle)
  • 3rd Out: Inkling (Infinite battle)
  • 4th Out: Piranha Plant (Deep Breathing battle)
  • 5th Out: Villager (Marin battle)
  • 6th Out: Kirby (Rayman battle)
  • 7th Out: Lucario (Culdra battle)
  • 8th Out: Marth (Affinity battle)
  • 9th Out: Dr. Mario (Susie battle)
  • 10th Out: Hero (Andy battle)
  • 11th Out: Yoshi (Sigma battle)
  • 12th Out: Wii Fit Trainer (Sigma battle)
  • 13th Out: Simon (Ellie battle)
  • 14th Out: Pit (Orbulon battle)
  • 15th Out: Donkey Kong (Flying Man battle)
  • 16th Out: Ice Climbers (Star Rod battle)
  • 17th Out: Pikachu (Funky Kong battle)
  • 18th Out: Isabelle (Raikou, Entei, & Suicune battle)
  • 19th Out: Samus (Octoling Girl & Octoling Boy battle)
  • 20th Out: Banjo & Kazooie (MegaMan Volnutt battle)
  • 21st Out: Pichu (MegaMan Volnutt battle)
  • 22nd Out: Pac-Man (MegaMan Volnutt battle)
  • 23rd Out: Snake (Kraid battle)

Special events: The triforce realm was the first world the party would attack as they travelled through the dark world. Tried to rescue Incineroar, but I lost Isabelle in the process. I also learned that the dark world would be even harder than I remember. Thankfully, Banjo helped me survive past the horrifically annoying octolings. Also, GREAT CAVE OFFENSIVE CAN GO SCREW ITSELF!!! This has GOT to be the worst map in the whole game; not even close. Couple that with the Volnutt battle mechanics and I’m beside myself. Terry finally got me over the hump of that battle. THAT Volnutt battle was by far the HARDEST battle I’ve encountered so far in this run. I also discovered that I LOVE playing as Falco in this game. I also drew a bomb with Peach, which was super lucky and felt like a total vindication for that horribly cheap MegaMan Volnutt battle. The bomb certainly came in handy, and it helped carry me to victory. I ended up finally making it to the Sacred Realm/Hyrule part of the run, but not before losing six characters in the dark world. We’re left with 14 survivors: Mario, Link, Fox, Ness, Captain Falcon, Peach, Bowser, Falco, Lucas, Olimar, Joker, Terry, Mii Swordsman, and Sans. The goal is to not only clear the area, but also rescue as many characters as possible without losing even more from the party. The best part about the sacred realm run was when the giant Yoshi in the Bulborb battle was when he rolled too far and YEETed himself right outta there. Once arriving there, after losing so many fighters in my party, Sonic was rescued and joined the team! He is the first character to be rescued in the sacred realm. Mii Brawler was next in line for the character rescue mission, and Zelda and Young Link came right after that. After gaining the triforce of wisdom and courage, I unlocked the opening to the master sword arena, where I fought Cloud and rescued him as well. With using the master sword, the dark realm energy was cleared of the triforce of power section of the sacred realm, and that was where I would be travelling to next. But first, I needed to rescue Chrom. And just like that, my fighter deficit for the day was completely erased, with 6 new characters joining the party after 6 fell in battle earlier today. What was even more surprising to me was that I didn’t lose a single character during the 6 character rescue run stretching from Sonic to Chrom. And, I made it all the way to Ganondorf and defeated him without losing any fighters. With beating Ganondorf, the Demon King Castle erupted and that’s the next location, whether I like it or not. But for now, the nuzlocke will rest until the next day comes.

Iridium

Smash Hero
I have a few character ideas, go ahead if you wish.
I'm down for it. Tag me if you make it.
I wanna submit characters! :3
also, yeah, sure count me in
I'm game.

Tag me if you actually go through with it and need character suggestions, tho.
I can write them down now while you're all still here, thanks for answering.

D

Deleted member

I can write them down now while you're all still here, thanks for answering.
Mokey(the Sr Pelo Mokey show thing)
Momey(see above note)

(Context is in Mokey Show:Thanksgiving)
Dilan(see above)
Suck(kid #1)
my(kid #2)
ass(kid #3)

D

Deleted member

what's worse, typing a spoiler for mobile users or breaking the rules and being considered a dickweed for not having courtesy

idk give me joey wheeler

best brooklyn man in town
Jokey jokes aside, eh, gonna move on anyway.
This is exactly why I’ve been considering leaving completely, for my sake and everyone else’s, but I’m kinda conflicted. That’s a topic for another day, thou.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
another interesting tidbit about Cats?

Apparently, the film was rushed and a good amount of the scenes were unfinished

so in a move pretty much unheard of, on the day of release, Universal went and notified theaters that they'd be giving them an updated version with "improved visual effects" later that weekend

so pretty much, it was a day one patch for a movie

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
This is exactly why I’ve been considering leaving completely, for my sake and everyone else’s, but I’m kinda conflicted. That’s a topic for another day, thou.
over something that takes five seconds to type for a win-win situation? :073:

so in a move pretty much unheard of, on the day of release, Universal went and notified theaters that they'd be giving them an updated version with "improved visual effects" later that weekend

i dont think anyone was in a rush to see cats in the first place

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Furries seem to hate this movie as much as everyone else.

So I think the most likely answer is just a bunch of corporate peoples who have no idea what they're doing or what is popular in this day or age.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Jokey jokes aside, eh, gonna move on anyway.
You could just not post embeds man. Or spoil them at least.

It’s not that deep.

D

Deleted member

over something that takes five seconds to type for a win-win situation? :073:

i dont think anyone was in a rush to see cats in the first place
Well, it hasn’t been over just that. Like, I’ve been thinking bout this for about a month now, and it’s been based around way more problems than I can remmeber.

but like I said, gonna hush on this now, not up to getting into a long winded convo about this.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893

I actually thought I was about to get a cool fact abouts cats, like, the animal, and now I'm just disappointed.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I would only see Cats for the scene where a bunch of little Cockroaches with human faces start dancing in a row.

And Rebel Wilson cat eats them.

D

Deleted member

So on the topic, don't make a movie titled Cats and have it only star humans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom