• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
This Yugioh talk is all fine and dandy and I totally understand every bit of it, but when are we going to have a serious discussion about the competitive scene for Uno?
I prefer the YGO talk over the Fire Emblem stuff since I at least used to be about that life when I was in 4th grade.

D

Deleted member

I barely get to nerd out about card games, and we just got a huge change for the better, let me relish while I can.

I haven't been in the game for two years out of these Link shackles and now my ojama babies are FREE TO **** SOME **** UP
I legit kinda stopped playing because no-one played the game my freshman year, and now at least a few people do.
Now I just gotta figure out how I'm gonna be able to afford the meta staples...

Shroob

Sup?
I legit kinda stopped playing because no-one played the game my freshman year, and now at least a few people do.
Now I just gotta figure out how I'm gonna be able to afford the meta staples...
I mean, if you want my advice:

**** the meta and just pick a deck that's fun to you.

Yeah, meta's gonna win more, but it's also gonna get hit more.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I barely get to nerd out about card games, and we just got a huge change for the better, let me relish while I can.

I haven't been in the game for two years out of these Link shackles and now my ojama babies are FREE TO **** SOME **** UP
Fair. I guess everyone needs their time.
I'm sorry Snake

BUT YOU'VE TRIGGERED MY QUICK PLAY SPELL CARD

View attachment 253927
So..... reverse?

I don’t get it.

D

Deleted member

I mean, if you want my advice:

**** the meta and just pick a deck that's fun to you.

Yeah, meta's gonna win more, but it's also gonna get hit more.
By afford meta cards, I meant buying staples to ****ing D-E-S-T-R-O-Y my opponents. I already have a playset of Ghost-Ogre, but wanna buy other card games...so munnies kinda dry atm.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
One-uping time!
Also there's a tutorial on the official channel that's 6 years old now, so it actually has been a thing for longer!

I mean, not like Ojamabc is expensive right now if you don't own it irl.
I still have most of my old train deck, but I gave away my ojama **** to a high school kid before I graduated because he liked it.

I casually play irl anyway so I'll always say buy singles.
All the more true my friend. Plus with this news, cards are about to skyrocket in price for some of the old killers back in the day.

This new banlist is gonna be hella juicy, too. Can't wait to see what precautions Konami might take.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?

I still have most of my old train deck, but I gave away my ojama **** to a high school kid before I graduated because he liked it.

All the more true my friend. Plus with this news, cards are about to skyrocket in price for some of the old killers back in the day.

This new banlist is gonna be hella juicy, too. Can't wait to see what precautions Konami might take.
Everyone's hard sleeping on ****ing D/D/Ds tbh.

They had 1 week of top tier status before Zoo came out.

In this current Meta and a Master Rule where Extra Deck summons aren't limited? And they're a deck that can vomit every summoning type? Scary ****.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Everyone's hard sleeping on ****ing D/D/Ds tbh.
**** **** I FORGOT ABOUT D/D/DS

That's why I need to remember the old ban lists, Links being introduced pretty much put a lot of killers back in the day in galactic prison.

Noipoi

Howdy!
So what are we thinking here fellas? What cards are gonna get automatically nuked come the April 2020 banlist?

Kaijus? Synchros? Xyz combos? ****, I don't remember what went south back then.

join us
I’d be glad too, but I’m not exactly a card game aficionado. I’ll just watch you guys geek out from the sidelines :)

D

Deleted member

**** **** I FORGOT ABOUT D/D/DS

That's why I need to remember the old ban lists, Links being introduced pretty much put a lot of killers back in the day in galactic prison.
I have a bunch of DDD cards, most of em are ****ing trashed thou, A few of them could literally snap in 2 if I bent a little :(
Gonna need to rev up that wallet and buy 3 of the old Structure if I wanta start playing em again

Maybe Raidraptors, honestly. Rank-up into multiple giant raptors sounds fun

Shroob

Sup?
So what are we thinking here fellas? What cards are gonna get automatically nuked come the April 2020 banlist?

Kaijus? Synchros? Xyz combos? ****, I don't remember what went south back then.

join us
If everyone makes summon vomit decks, Nibiru's gonna be THE MOST played card, period.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I’d be glad too, but I’m not exactly a card game aficionado. I’ll just watch you guys geek out from the sidelines :)
I mean, YGO is free now. You can play anything now and it'll still be effective somewhat. Links aren't totally crippled and reliant, but the decks that focus on them should probably still be optimal.

This sounds like an amazing opportunity and I'm hoping Konami hasn't cursed us after all.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
on the topic of TCGs, I just want to give credit to Pokemon for really giving some underutilized Pokemon some love.
1576900414126.png

I don't think anyone was expecting Cramorant, Dhelmise, or Torkoal to be headliners for the beginning of the SW/SH era, but here we are. Even looking ahead, we have Eiscue and Pinchurchin.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
If everyone makes summon vomit decks, Nibiru's gonna be THE MOST played card, period.
I've been hearing about Nibiru already. The TCG thread on 4chan is going ****ing wild with combos, mostly with Xyz cards coming back from the grave and posing heavy threats. I've seen people tag bahamut shark with ****ing MHERO Acid.

there's so many new beasts over the years since vrains has locked up the metagame. hoping they don't hit the ABC Dragons again

D

Deleted member

I mean, YGO is free now. You can play anything now and it'll still be effective somewhat. Links aren't totally crippled and reliant, but the decks that focus on them should probably still be optimal.

This sounds like an amazing opportunity and I'm hoping Konami hasn't cursed us after all.
Ditto, means my efforts into getting links are kinda pointless now..
dammit, why did I buy a bunch of starter decks *facepalm*

Last edited by a moderator:

Shroob

Sup?
I've been hearing about Nibiru already. The TCG thread on 4chan is going ****ing wild with combos, mostly with Xyz cards coming back from the grave and posing heavy threats. I've seen people tag bahamut shark with ****ing MHERO Acid.

there's so many new beasts over the years since vrains has locked up the metagame. hoping they don't hit the ABC Dragons again
Oh no

You called him here

What have you done

download.jpg

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
HEROs in general just became scary again.

PSA: HE'S BEEN FREED FOR MONTHS

1576900738049.png

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
The only card gake I had was the Pokemon Trading Card game, and I did not know how to play that properly, considering my friends and I played it like the games where it was turned based, instead of however TCG was set up. My Surskit with Super Hypno Wave was banned because of that, as she would not let the opppnents wake up.

Then again, did ANYONE know how to play it properly?

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
yeah idk how to play pokemon tcg

i tried learning it but i was 8 and didnt want to

wonder if ash blossom is still good in this meta, havent paid attention for about a year and a half now
Bruh.

Six Samurai got their Link

That searches Gateway

And Gateway's unbanned.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Six Samurai got their Link

That searches Gateway

And Gateway's unbanned.

This song is playing in my head every second someone comes back up with a new meta because literally everything is free now.

I'm seeing new decks and new plays and old decks and old plays every second

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

yeah idk how to play pokemon tcg

i tried learning it but i was 8 and didnt want to

wonder if ash blossom is still good in this meta, havent paid attention for about a year and a half now
Ash blossom is that one-card that is easily worth $15, but you can get it from a Structure deck.
It's literally the defining staple of the meta, and running it at less than 3 can often be your death against certain matchups

Hell, it's one of...if not THE most used card
"Gonna search f-- "Ash Blossom" *Sits and crys in the corner*
The rest of the Ghost Girls vary pretty wildly, with Ghost ogre being meh, and the rest being okay.

Last edited by a moderator:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
filler text
The only card gake I had was the Pokemon Trading Card game, and I did not know how to play that properly, considering my friends and I played it like the games where it was turned based, instead of however TCG was set up. My Surskit with Super Hypno Wave was banned because of that, as she would not let the opppnents wake up.

Then again, did ANYONE know how to play it properly?
stevennotoyes.gif

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Shroob Shroob

Shark into Frog into HERO AZ, use mask change into Acid.

****ing hell just thought of that in my head, that's a ****ing devastation

Shroob

Sup?
I wish there was a trap card in Yugioh that would apply the effect of the trap or spell card to the opponent instead of the player, I'd pay half my life points to reverse a Ragiki
Mystical Refpanel... kinda?

It's the only card that says "Target player" so it's kinda odd.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom