• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
The degree of volatility is worse than bronies, but not as bad as pokemon players. At least by my estimations.
If you know anything about this other fanbase, how bad is the Star Wars fanbase compared to the Sonic the Hedgehog one?

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
If you know anything about this other fanbase, how bad is the Star Wars fanbase compared to the Sonic the Hedgehog one?
Sonic fanbase is S tier concerning vitrol and cringe.

And I know and am completely justified in dissing the sonic fanbase because I'm a sonic fan myself. ;)
(In all seriousness, no fanbase is completely 100% awful obviously, but the sonic fanbase is definitely the most infamous one. I've seen some crap.)

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Sonic fanbase is S tier concerning vitrol and cringe.

And I know and am completely justified in dissing the sonic fanbase because I'm a sonic fan myself. ;)
(In all seriousness, no fanbase is completely 100% awful obviously, but the sonic fanbase is definitely the most infamous one. I've seen some crap.)
No kidding. I have always wanted to see the fanbase get better. I tried reasoning with them. Some of them DO listen to me, while others don't.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
GUYS, TOMORROW WILL BE THE 7 YEAR ANNIVERSARY OF THE DAY THE WORLD ENDED
wait, so Ive been dead this whole time?

its like Im watching episode 8 of Paranoia Agent all over again.

For context, the episode is about 3 people in a suicide pact trying to die but all while they are trying, they were already dead

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
W-well

In other news, they 'partially' reverted Master Rule 4.

You can summon 1 Fusion, Synchro or XYZ without a Link Monster in the Main Monster Zone now, Pendulums and Links unchanged.
VRains is over? Honestly never knew.

As long as this doesn't take over the actual TCG, I won't care, but goddamn is that an ugly remake.

untitled.png

Eugh, makes me wanna puke.

Shroob

Sup?

As long as this doesn't take over the actual TCG, I won't care, but goddamn is that an ugly remake.

View attachment 253916

It really is ****ing hideous.

Yugioh card's designs was kinda iconic, this **** doesn't stand out at all, it looks like any other generic anime card game.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
It really is ****ing hideous.

Yugioh card's designs was kinda iconic, this **** doesn't stand out at all, it looks like any other generic anime card game.
Apparently this is based on the Duel Links gacha, or at least the "speed duel" game mode they've been trying to make. I guess it's Rush Duel now?

The art style is way too contrasting, this better not be a sick attempt at an entire reboot of the franchise. Konami's on thin ****ing ice.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Wait, the Star Wars fanbase is that volatile? By how much?
The utterly massive Star Wars fanbase has been arguing about what's "right" and "wrong" for the franchise since The Empire Strikes Back came out.

Return of the Jedi expanded the fanbase while also further dividing it.

Then, as the fanbase was still growing by the millions, the prequels happened. Those films added enough fuel to the fire to make it burn bigger than ever as fans clashed not only with each other but also Lucas and many other people involved with the making of the films.

Add all that up with the new sequel trilogy as well as countless side-materials in comics, novels and cartoons, many of which themselves have since been relegated to a non-canon status by Lucas, and finally the purchase of Lucasfilm that put Star Wars under Disney's ownership and control, and you've got yourself one of the biggest fiery fandom infernos, period.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Apparently this is based on the Duel Links gacha, or at least the "speed duel" game mode they've been trying to make. I guess it's Rush Duel now?

The art style is way too contrasting, this better not be a sick attempt at an entire reboot of the franchise. Konami's on thin ****ing ice.
>Vrains had only 3 Zones for Monsters and S/T
>Duel Links came out and only had 3 zones too
>Speed duels became an officially sanctioned format with only 3 Zones
>Now this

Oh nonono

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
What? I watched Season 1 of Vrains in its entirety how did I miss this?

>Now this

Oh nonono
It better ****ing not be, Konami will be formally executed for turning Takahashi's baby into this gruesome mess of capitalism.

Shroob

Sup?
What? I watched Season 1 of Vrains in its entirety how did I miss this?

It better ****ing not be, Konami will be formally executed for turning Takahashi's baby into this gruesome mess of capitalism.
Thankfully, according to the stream, you're right, it's just a new mode:

1) Only RUSH DUEL-exclusive cards can be played in a RUSH DUEL.

These new cards will feature new designs, and will be easy to understand.

2) Consecutive Normal Summons

You can Normal Summon monsters any number of times each turn. For example, you can Normal Summon a Level 4 monster, then Tribute it to Normal Summon 1 Level 6 monster in the same turn.

3) Mass draws

When a player performs their normal draw during their Draw Phase, instead of only 1 card, they draw until they have 5 cards in their hand.

But, this will be the first time the anime focuses on a spin-off game mode?

Honestly, good. The Extra Deck didn't need a new summoning mechanic.

D

Deleted member

Just saw the new Yugioh card frame

I blame you for this @Bakugan2556
whos has summoned me!

New frame looks alright, dunno what it's gonna be used for...at least it isn't a new summoning mechanic so I don't have to watch r/yugioh ***** bout it over and over
>Now this

Oh nonono
Speed Duels is actually pretty fun to play, the smaller cardpool=cards you would never use can actually be used.
Like legit who actually ever summoned this piece of ****
1576898475627.png
but hey, in Speed Duels, you can just turbo it out with a skill! not broken, not terrible, just a fun small deck you can build.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

okay so YGO for babies?

You can Normal Summon monsters any number of times each turn. For example, you can Normal Summon a Level 4 monster, then Tribute it to Normal Summon 1 Level 6 monster in the same turn.
Oh ****

3) Mass draws

When a player performs their normal draw during their Draw Phase, instead of only 1 card, they draw until they have 5 cards in their hand.
image.gif

****ing disgusting man.

They really didn't need to do any Extra Deck changes ever since Arc-V honestly.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend

New anime looks like Buddyfight too, which is why I tagged @Bakugan2556 rofl
Honestly? I kinda dig it, I wasn't a fan of how each previous Yugioh protagonist felt like they were being more and more overdesgined, this new guy has a design I'm okay wi-

View attachment 253916

...Look How they massacred my boy.

Shroob

Sup?
Oh

So the translation earlier was incorrect.

Master Rule 4 was completely removed for Fusions, Synchros and XYZ.

Qwasar Spam and Rank 4 Spam is back baybeh.

D

Deleted member

Thankfully, according to the stream, you're right, it's just a new mode:

3) Mass draws

ooooooooo, new format? not expecting that...wait...

WE ALL VANGUARD OUT HERE
Legit think they're going for a hyper-fast gamemode, hence the name. Speed Duels are kinda slow, ironically enough, but depending on wtf kinda cards we get...uh this may or may not be a Tier 0 format day 1 lmao

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
"As of April 1st, in the OCG ONLY, Fusion, Synchro and Xyz monsters will be summonable to the Main Monster Zone in addition to the Extra Monster Zone. The rules for Pendulum and Link Monsters will remain the same. You are not limited to 1 of each."

Shroob Shroob are you ****ing seeing this

"You are not limited to 1 of each."

1576898939745.png

****ty new spin-off mechanics and no more classic YGO anime in exchange for this new ruleset? Perhaps Konami was saving YGO after all.

Shroob

Sup?
"As of April 1st, in the OCG ONLY, Fusion, Synchro and Xyz monsters will be summonable to the Main Monster Zone in addition to the Extra Monster Zone. The rules for Pendulum and Link Monsters will remain the same. You are not limited to 1 of each."

Shroob Shroob are you ****ing seeing this

"You are not limited to 1 of each."

View attachment 253919

****ty new spin-off mechanics and no more classic YGO anime in exchange for this new ruleset? Perhaps Konami was saving YGO after all.
2 Slow lol

D

Deleted member

New anime looks like Buddyfight too, which is why I tagged @Bakugan2556 rofl
Dunno about it looking like Buddyfight, Buddyfight's aesthetic pretty much hinges on the CGI having a distinct flare to it, example here
db6qoc1-3a4617f5-37e5-4fbc-be7b-24d76c12405f.jpg

It actually looks a hell lot closer to Battle Spirits in terms of main character design.

Last edited by a moderator:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Oh man, oh ****ing man.

Ojama ABCs have just reached their maximum potential.

And my old Rank 10 Trains deck is more viable than ever now? This turned into a good night.

Buddyfight's aesthetic pretty much hinges on the CGI having a distinct flare to it
Arc-V did it first, poser.

image.gif

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
No kidding. I have always wanted to see the fanbase get better. I tried reasoning with them. Some of them DO listen to me, while others don't.
As a person who’s favorite show is Ben 10, as someone who likes PSASBR, as someone who backed the Xbox One, who prefers Superman over Iron Man, it sucks to be repeatedly told how much the thing you love sucks.

D

Deleted member

Oh man, oh ****ing man.

Ojama ABCs have just reached their maximum potential.

And my old Rank 10 Trains deck is more viable than ever now? This turned into a good night.

Arc-V did it first, poser.

View attachment 253922
What I mean by specific flare is that the CGI has a lighter tone, pretty much. Yugioh CGI often has alot of shadows(Your gif is the perfect example of this) while Buddyfight's CGI uses Shadows sparingly, keeping with the naming of the game for the kid-like appeal
1576899420156.png

Also, Buddyfight came out in 2014, so take that loser!

Last edited by a moderator:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
This Yugioh talk is all fine and dandy and I totally understand every bit of it, but when are we going to have a serious discussion about the competitive scene for Uno?

D

Deleted member

This Yugioh talk is all fine and dandy and I totally understand every bit of it, but when are we going to have a serious discussion about the competitive scene for Uno?
Only thing you need to know is cool new card design for unique format.

oh ****......no go away...GO AWAY
And my argument is gone...tributed away by the big fat turtle

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
As a person who’s favorite show is Ben 10, as someone who likes PSASBR, as someone who backed the Xbox One, who prefers Superman over Iron Man, it sucks to be repeatedly told how much the thing you love sucks.
No kidding! I mean, to me, those fans I talk about who give the fanbase a bad name, I am sure they are not being fanlike at all, and only care about themselves rather than what is best or can be good for the franchise. They'll pick on others who like what they don't as if they were king of the fanbase, even though they are not. The fact that they do pick on those who like what they don't is rather demon-like, I must say, rather than fan-like. They are too stubborn to understand their own faults and why they should change. If it isn't what they want, they won't accept anything that is different. To them, it has to meet their strict standards and the games have to be strictly and exactly what they want. It's rather sad, don't you think? It's one thing to have the right to be mad, but it is another to take it to unnecessarily high extremes, to the point that it is mentally unhealthy. In fact, I'd say some of them may, keyword may have bad lives and take it out on the Sonic series and those who make the games, possibly even the fans, too.

These are some observations, I made, by the way.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I’ve been mostly gone all day. I’d rather talk about.... I don’t know.... something else.
I barely get to nerd out about card games, and we just got a huge change for the better, let me relish while I can.

I haven't been in the game for two years out of these Link shackles and now my ojama babies are FREE TO **** SOME **** UP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom