• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroob

Sup?
About what we are currently talking about, I remember Smash Bros, Melee at least in the USA, being rated for teens 13 and over. I don't know if CERO rated it about the same, but would the rating for Melee go up if Mai was in it unchanged?
The game would probably still be T.

The E+10 system didn't exist back in the day. Most KoF games are T and Mai's in them.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
As far as I know, as long as there's no uncensored nudity or anything super explicit, a game gets a T.

Case in point, look at what BlazBlue and CompileHeart games have under a teen rating, lol.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
The game would probably still be T.

The E+10 system didn't exist back in the day. Most KoF games are T and Mai's in them.
I figured. Thanks for answering.

Too bad Smash Bros. Ultimate, if I recall correctly, is rated less than T. Too bad for Mai.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
View attachment 251755

Way more drastic than what Corrin got, which is literally all Kos-Mos would need.

Hell, I don't even think she needs to be, her XB2 design is perfectly fine for E+10.
My point is that she wouldn't need the "complete redesign" that you mentioned, that picture I posted was on par with the Mythra censorship, which they obviously were already fine with.

Shroob

Sup?
My point is that she wouldn't need the "complete redesign" that you mentioned, that picture I posted was on par with the Mythra censorship, which they obviously were already fine with.
I disagree, since you'd still need to reduce her breasts, ass, and probably remove all jiggle physics entirely.

If Sakurai's done 1 thing, it's he's kept 3rd party characters as close to their source material as possible with as few adjustments as necessary(Carmilla crys purple goo instead of blood, for example).

Such a redesign for Mai just isn't something he'd do considereding everything.

Hell, it's not even like females aren't allowed to show skin since:

2630972-0507794141-zlCfzSVRmjE9Agb0qz.jpg

But they're not overtly sexualized, unlike Mai

And to be blunt:

Mai is a sex symbol. You take away her sexy, you take away a huge part of what makes Mai Mai

bf6160e814c657edd59e815aa9fb3169.gif

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I disagree, since you'd still need to reduce her breasts, ass, and probably remove all jiggle physics entirely.

If Sakurai's done 1 thing, it's he's kept 3rd party characters as close to their source material as possible with as few adjustments as necessary(Carmilla crys purple goo instead of blood, for example).

View attachment 251760

And to be blunt:

Mai is a sex symbol. You take away her sexy, you take away a huge part of what makes Mai Mai

And that could of been in glorious HD on Smash Ultimate.

Sakurai, what the hell were you thinking. You're entire fanbase is a bunch of hungry virgins, they would of ate this **** up. :lgbtasriel:

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master

View attachment 251760

And to be blunt:

I don't think you'd have to reduce the size of anything, covering should be fine. And it's not like covering up slightly really reduces the sex appeal (some people even find that more appealing).

Also, people keep bringing up the "jiggle physics" thing, which I think is such a non-issue. Like, first of all, she'd be in the background (or potentially even just a Spirit), just... Don't put her in a pose that would require it. She would only be observing a fight anyway. Also, does Ultimate even have any kind of jiggle physics on any character?

Shroob

Sup?
I don't think you'd have to reduce the size of anything, covering should be fine. And it's not like covering up slightly really reduces the sex appeal (some people even find that more appealing).

Also, people keep bringing up the "jiggle physics" thing, which I think is such a non-issue. Like, first of all, she'd be in the background (or potentially even just a Spirit), just... Don't put her in a pose that would require it. She would only be observing a fight anyway. Also, does Ultimate even have any kind of jiggle physics on any character?
And again, you'd basically need to cover ALL of her, which is a massive design change.

We have zero idea if Sakurai would be willing to take a 3rd party character and basically remake them in a form that's never been canon to their series design-wise, when he's pretty much kept everything as close to the source material as close as possible. The closest he's ever done is Bayonetta, and even that's a gray area since Nintendo owns the rights to Bayonetta 2.

Also, characters in the KoF stage are doing iconic poses from KoF and other games, Mai's most iconic pose is what I presented, her leaning forward and letting them jiggle.

I understand you're trying to think of work arounds, but the man has shown time and time again that he likes keeping things as close to the source material as a nod to the fans, needing to basically completely redesign Mai ain't it, and as much as it sucks, it really is better to just leave her out entirely than give her a design original to Smash.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
As much as I do not like talking about her, Sabi has never once backed up Verg's claim of "No Namco"

And his sudden "Wait Kos-Mos is Namco?!" stint today reeks of hmmst.

Not saying it means anything, but it seems like Verg has some bad, bad info.
Just saying, I’m pretty sure Jon jumped right to Kos-Mos as soon as we got Terry. Just some food for thought. This wasn’t the first time he’s mentioned her that I know for sure

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
Just saying, I’m pretty sure Jon jumped right to Kos-Mos as soon as we got Terry. Just some food for thought. This wasn’t the first time he’s mentioned her that I know for sure
Yeah, but he literally went on a rant yesterday about not wanting to be seen as a "leaker," if he has some kind of insider information and poses it to the world as a prediction after that, he's never going to be seen as anything but a leaker.

I always got the feeling from their videos that he's just a big fan of the character and really wants her to get in.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Also something gamexplain pointed out. The record high in viewers last year was 26 million for the awards.

That’s a huge amount of spotlight. Kinda of makes me think we could see an announcement on post pass dlc to really steal the spotlight

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
If you pour your milk before your cereal you are a ****ing villain. I don't make the rules.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Crisis on Infinite Earths Episode 2. You ever hear of middle part syndrome? Cause that’s what it feels like. Like, if all five episodes were stitched end to end then it would be fine, but on its own it’s kind of eh.

Sadly the same is true for the Black Lightning episode. I know it’s a tie-in and not directly related to the main plot of Crisis, but the whole story dealt pretty majorly with the effects of Crisis on Jefferson’s earth
before it gets destroyed.
with a few small segments of the ongoing plot of the season sprinkled in. I suppose that’s fine and gives them stuff to come back to when the show returns post-Crisis, but right now it just tells two stories and finishes neither of them. It’s like, middle episode syndrome because it’s in the middle of Crisis, and middle season syndrome because of the point in the overall Black Lightning narrative it happens in.

Still is really cool the Black Lightning Team decided to do their own Crisis episode ahead of him appearing in the crossover. It’s like a tie in comic, like what happens with these events in the book. And I really like that. I only wish there were more shows that got or could get adjunct tie in episodes.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I hear you get a better crunch that way, if you like that kind of thing.
If you want your cereal to be that ****ing crunchy just eat the damn things outta the bag then, know what I'm saying?

osby

Smash Obsessed
Quick question: How long VGA takes? It starts way too early for me but maybe I can catch the tail end of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom