• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroob

Sup?
As much as I think the "Daisy theory" is dumb.

Papagenos does bring up a good point.

Reimu's a strong contender.

But everyone's sleeping on the possibility of Arle, and you KNOW GameExplain's going to put Arle high on their list of "Females to be in Smash", if not the 1# spot.

Shroob

Sup?
As much as I think the theory is stupid

latest.png

If the belief of "Female" is to be believed as Fighter 5, well this artwork both fits the """"""COLOR THEORY"""""" of orange, which Daisy would fit as well, along with doing the Peace sign like in the image.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
As much as I think the "Daisy theory" is dumb.

Papagenos does bring up a good point.

Reimu's a strong contender.

But everyone's sleeping on the possibility of Arle, and you KNOW GameExplain's going to put Arle high on their list of "Females to be in Smash", if not the 1# spot.
Arle is in the back of mind. I only find her a little less likely because Sega has a rep. But anything’s game. She’s also a Tetris like character so I wonder why they wouldn’t have just used those Tetris spirits here if she’s in alongside puyo puyo ones.

I will see papa genos bought some points for awhile back. One of the biggest being that her game series was a huge game at switch launch and there to support them early on.

Which companies like square were doing too and I believe the FF games were on the system earlier too. So the DLC being decided around this time gives her a fair chance to be considered due to how big of a support that title was

Shroob

Sup?
"So who's currently fighting for character 5? Kratos?"

"Nope."

"Sora?"

"Nope."

"Master Chief???"

"Nope."

"THEN WHO?!"

"Two little girls."

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
It's not a matter of SMD not selling as well as MH4

It's the fact that SMD's international sales over 3 years didn't scratch MH4's domestic sales in six months.

Think about it from a business perspective; you release a game to appeal to another demographic, and your easiest local competition (MonHun is one of the biggest IPs in Japan for handheld console gaming), just completely destroys your product effortlessly.

When you're that big of a company, it's a reasonable assumption as to why TPCi won't invest in Mystery Dungeon
That doesn't dismiss my point. Neither Pokken or Detective Pikachu are anywhere close to MH4 either, and yet those two spinoffs have been continued, so obviously it's not just that which influences their decisions. If Mystery Dungeon checks off something they want to do and they consider it worthwhile, they may do it, not selling as much as MH will be a complete roadblock.

Also, you're still relying on the same fallacious argument here. No matter where the sales come from, you're trying to compare games of different franchises, genres, and otherwise that even the companies themselves are likely not (or at least have not said) using as a base guideline. TCPi is likely not looking at the sales of MH4 and saying 'nope, Super didn't sell that much, failure' just as much as Nintendo didn't do the same for Metroid Samus Returns, IS for Fire Emblem Echoes, and so on. They likely have their own expectations for the game and judging based on those expectations, not on another company's game that is almost completely unrelated to their own and basically has its own level of success.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Also if reimu is actually in, then I’ll make a bold prediction:

They pull a hero on is an reveal a Brand New fighter from the post pass with wide appeal afterwards.

Not that they need to but they didn’t need to for hero tbh but they did it anyway. Which makes me think they would do it again if it worked so wel the first time

Shroob

Sup?
At this point, the only thing I feel pretty confident in is thinking it's a woman.

Gamexplain's top 100 list is, I'm not gonna lie, really ****ing suspicious.

They don't normally do **** like this, and it's soo close to a reveal.

And if Arle or Reimu take their 1# spot when the 2nd part happens, gonna have a lotta questions.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Watched the papa genos video,

That peace sign connection and the puyo puyo game being released in NSO but not as the translated Kirby game it became is a very interesting connection...

Shroob

Sup?
Watched the papa genos video,

That peace sign connection and the puyo puyo game being released in NSO but not as the translated Kirby game it became is a very interesting connection...
I think I missed that 2nd part

Hmmst

1575701987417.png

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
At this point, the only thing I feel pretty confident in is thinking it's a woman.

Gamexplain's top 100 list is, I'm not gonna lie, really ****ing suspicious.

They don't normally do **** like this, and it's soo close to a reveal.

And if Arle or Reimu take their 1# spot when the 2nd part happens, gonna have a lotta questions.
I’m in agreement. To add to this, daisy is really out of place in that photo.

Of the nearly 80 characters why is daisy here? She doesn’t even get many pictures from the site itself. She’s also coincidentally the only character on the roster decked out in orange when that’s a big theory going around right now that the last fighter will use orange. As well as the taunt positioning, and the fact that even if you exclude the fact it’s daisy and say they just wanted a Mario character, why is not any of the other major characters from that franchise?

it’s not adding up and there are teases from seemingly everyone now that are really making things come together imo

Shroob

Sup?
I’m in agreement. To add to this, daisy is really out of place in that photo.

Of the nearly 80 characters why is daisy here? She doesn’t even get many pictures from the site itself. She’s also coincidentally the only character on the roster decked out in orange when that’s a big theory going around right now that the last fighter will use orange. As well as the taunt positioning, and the fact that even if you exclude the fact it’s daisy and say they just wanted a Mario character, why is not any of the other major characters from that franchise?

it’s not adding up and there are teases from seemingly everyone now that are really making things come together imo
I'm not gonna try to think too hard on color theory.

Oh god either orange or white work for Arle or Reimu respective oh god oh ****

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I think I missed that 2nd part

Hmmst
He pointed out how the original puyo puyo Tetris or one of them, was localized as kirbys avalanche. However the NSO game is the full on Japanese title. Which isn’t something we usually see. So he was speculating that the game us like that to familiarize people before arle comes to smash.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
While Daisy being the only non-DLC character in that image and being in a very similar pose to Arle, as well as mirroring Arle is other ways seems really sus and too close to be a coincidence....

So did having a couch that had skull kid’s clothing colors next to two chairs with his fairies’s colors...

And so did having that one screenshot of Rathalos that looked like it was set up exactly like a Golden Sun fight...

And so did having Donkey Kong scratch his butt in the exact same way as Karate Joe in the K. Rool trailer.

Yet Skull Kid, Isaac, and Karate Joe aren’t playable.

Shroob

Sup?
While Daisy being the only non-DLC character in that image and being in a very similar pose to Arle, as well as mirroring Arle is other ways seems really sus and too close to be a coincidence....

So did having a couch that had skull kid’s clothing colors next to two chairs with his fairies’s colors...

And so did having that one screenshot of Rathalos that looked like it was set up exactly like a Golden Sun fight...

And so did having Donkey Kong scratch his butt in the exact same way as Karate Joe in the K. Rool trailer.

Yet Skull Kid, Isaac, and Karate Joe aren’t playable.
I definitely think it's too soon to call it a full blown "Hint"

Gamexplain tho? Since when the **** do they do top 100s?

Double K

Smash Lord
That doesn't dismiss my point. Neither Pokken or Detective Pikachu are anywhere close to MH4 either, and yet those two spinoffs have been continued, so obviously it's not just that which influences their decisions. If Mystery Dungeon checks off something they want to do and they consider it worthwhile, they may do it, not selling as much as MH will be a complete roadblock.

Also, you're still relying on the same fallacious argument here. No matter where the sales come from, you're trying to compare games of different franchises, genres, and otherwise that even the companies themselves are likely not (or at least have not said) using as a base guideline. TCPi is likely not looking at the sales of MH4 and saying 'nope, Super didn't sell that much, failure' just as much as Nintendo didn't do the same for Metroid Samus Returns, IS for Fire Emblem Echoes, and so on. They likely have their own expectations for the game and judging based on those expectations, not on another company's game that is almost completely unrelated to their own and basically has its own level of success.
Pokken's failure can be attributed to the Wii U, and Detective Pikachu was an experimental project that also got a movie that was very successful. Pokken DX is a port and still is considered a failure of a game.

And yes, a company is absolutely looking at the immediate competition, be it similar genre, similar release date, or two IPs fighting against each other. As a "Monster" IP, MonHun has a similar method of selling the games as Pokemon, of releasing an incomplete preview version, then an updated G-rank version later. Even if we ignore MonHun, there were LOTS of other games that did better.

Like Yo-Kai Watch 3.

Again, why is the idea of "The game sold poorly internationally compared to competitors" such a hard thing to believe from TPCi?

Nintendo is basically just Disney for gaming, and look at how eager they were to kill off their traditional animation division after Princess & the Frog

Noipoi

Howdy!
I bet the Daisy thing is just cuz whoever made that picture wanted to put Daisy in. Maybe to represent the pre-dlc newcomers.

Or maybe it’s all a conspiracy that Gamexplain’s in on ARLE TIME BAYBEE

Shroob

Sup?
I bet the Daisy thing is just cuz whoever made that picture wanted to put Daisy in. Maybe to represent the pre-dlc newcomers.

Or maybe it’s all a conspiracy that Gamexplain’s in on ARLE TIME BAYBEE
I mean, Jon Gamexplain is a hardcore Arle stan iirc. It wouldn't surprise me if he knows who Fighter 5 is, considering his leaks in the past.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
As much as I think the theory is stupid

If the belief of "Female" is to be believed as Fighter 5, well this artwork both fits the """"""COLOR THEORY"""""" of orange, which Daisy would fit as well, along with doing the Peace sign like in the image.
If Arle is really DLC 5 then, then I'm gonna feel like a genius. I've been predicting her as DLC5 since Hayabusa was disconfirmed.
In case something does happen and I never get around to that post, I think DLC 5 will be...
Arle from PuyoPuyo. I'll discuss tomorrow

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I mean, Jon Gamexplain is a hardcore Arle stan iirc. It wouldn't surprise me if he knows who Fighter 5 is, considering his leaks in the past.
I mean, according to Sabi, almost nobody in the industry knows exactly who Fighter 5 is, so I feel like this is one leak Jon wouldn’t know.

Shroob

Sup?
I mean, according to Sabi, almost nobody in the industry knows exactly who Fighter 5 is, so I feel like this is one leak Jon wouldn’t know.
I find this **** hard to believe tbh.

I get that SABI may not know but

Look at how fast and how often Verg shoots down ****, and

Do you really think Verg's source cared about Nippon Ichi of all companies enough to tell him ahead of time "Oh it's not Nippon Ichi"

Like, I'm not sure how Verg is conversing with his source, but this all seems REALLY weird.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Sabi seems to jump the gun sometimes, giving his own speculation but presenting it in a way that it seems like fact, and it’s obvious his and Vergeben’s sources (or some people their sources have talked to) know who the fighter is if they can disconfirm so many characters and even whole companies.

Shroob

Sup?
Sabi seems to jump the gun sometimes, giving his own speculation but presenting it in a way that it seems like fact, and it’s obvious his and Vergeben’s sources (or some people their sources have talked to) know who the fighter is if they can disconfirm so many characters and even whole companies.
That's the thing I don't get.

"No one knows who it is."

And yet somehow they know who it....

Isn't?

Does no one see the logical fallacy here?

How can you know what something isn't if you don't know what it is to begin with? That's a contradiction.

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Pokken's failure can be attributed to the Wii U, and Detective Pikachu was an experimental project that also got a movie that was very successful. Pokken DX is a port and still is considered a failure of a game.
By who? TCPi hasn't said or done anything that has shown they consider Pokken DX a failure, in fact it got post-game DLC months after its release and is still being supported for the Pokémon World Tournament. That would be pointless for a game they don't consider a worthwhile investment, particularly since tournament set-up does cost money and they keep spending it every year.

And yes, a company is absolutely looking at the immediate competition, be it similar genre, similar release date, or two IPs fighting against each other. As a "Monster" IP, MonHun has a similar method of selling the games as Pokemon, of releasing an incomplete preview version, then an updated G-rank version later. Even if we ignore MonHun, there were LOTS of other games that did better.
Just because both have monster in the name doesn't mean they're in the same genre or even garner the same crowd. Monster Hunter is more like an MMO then anything like Pokemon, you go on and play with friends to fight a monster and gather materials to make yourself stronger, Pokémon is a monster collection game where you catch monsters and raise them to fight for you. The monsters that exist in both play entirely different roles for the player, and thus why someone would play Monster Hunter is not going to be the same as someone who plays Pokémon, because gameplay-wise they're very different franchises. Hell, when Monster Hunter tried to get its foot into the Monster collection genre, that failed (which is a shame since I thought it was fun, if a little rough), so obviously the crowd with Monster Hunter is not looking to scratch their Pokémon itch with the franchise.

Again, why is the idea of "The game sold poorly internationally compared to competitors" such a hard thing to believe from TPCi?
When you miss what success means for different games with your examples. What it means for Monster Hunter to be a success is not the same as what it means for Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon to be a success, they likely have their own bars that they desire to pass, especially since neither are in direct competition with each other.

Shroob

Sup?
"Vergeben, is it Namco?"

"No, no Namco."

"Okay, who is it?"

"I can't say, no one knows who it is."

"But you know it's not Namco?"

"Yes."

"So the person who told you that must know who it is if they know it's not Namco, right?"

"....."

Seriously. You can't cull entire ****ing companies if you don't know who it is.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend

Isn't?

How can you know what something isn't if you don't know what it is to begin with? That's a contradiction.
It doesn’t make sense to me either; however, I think I remember Sabi or some leaker saying it’s sometimes easier to figure out who isn’t in than who is in, though maybe they meant for themselves and not their source who is actually getting the info for them, idk.

Nonetheless, I believe Sabi said their source has heard a name, but doesn’t want to share it, so eh...

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860

Isn't?

Maybe they don't know and they're just playing an elaborate game of Guess Who?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom