• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroob

Sup?
It doesn’t make sense to me either; however, I think I remember Sabi or some leaker saying it’s sometimes easier to figure out who isn’t in than who is in, though maybe they meant for themselves and not their source who is actually getting the info for them, idk.

Nonetheless, I believe Sabi said their source has heard a name, but doesn’t want to share it, so eh...
But that still doesn't make any sense since they'd need to base it on something.

I can say "There won't be Buck Bumble", and while I'm probably true, I have nothing to base that on other than my own feelings, this leaker needs to have 'something' they're basing their info on, or it's nothing better than pointless speculation.

Shroob

Sup?
Maybe they don't know and they're just playing an elaborate game of Guess Who?
As much as I don't like Sabi, like

At all

If Sabi and Verg share a source, I trust Verg enough to trust his source, and if Verg is confident in his source, I have very little reason to doubt this source since they've built up their cred.

Them to pull a wet fish now of all times would be incredibly odd.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I mean, according to Sabi, almost nobody in the industry knows exactly who Fighter 5 is, so I feel like this is one leak Jon wouldn’t know.
Going to touch upon this below but I want to point out something in shroobs post below:
I find this **** hard to believe tbh.

I get that SABI may not know but

Look at how fast and how often Verg shoots down ****, and

Do you really think Verg's source cared about Nippon Ichi of all companies enough to tell him ahead of time "Oh it's not Nippon Ichi"

Like, I'm not sure how Verg is conversing with his source, but this all seems REALLY weird.
According to papa genos(he said this in the new video), he’s been talking to Sabi and knows how verge is getting info to a degree.

But according to him, Sabi has a source that knows but she does not know. And supposedly verge doesn’t know either but genos has no idea how verge is going about these deconfirmations. He does know that Sabi asks the source about specific characters or companies and the source says yes or no(or something along these lines).

That aside, I’d argue Jon absolutely knows who fighter five is, if not all of gamexplain.

Jon was calling for banjo for months as well as Ridley before his announcement.

That aside, gamexplain has been getting exclusive interviews at E3 with the likes of Bill Trinen and more.

That’s huge. That’s something you’d expect out of IGN, not some Nintendo news’s channel. They without a doubt get early access to things probably from Nintendo themselves, if not then some employee they know within the company. Jon very much likes to tease things and give their strong connection to Nintendo, if anyone is going to get info on fighter five, it’s gotta be them imo

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
Going to touch upon this below but I want to point out something in shroobs post below:

According to papa genos(he said this in the new video), he’s been talking to Sabi and knows how verge is getting info to a degree.

But according to him, Sabi has a source that knows but she does not know. And supposedly verge doesn’t know either but genos has no idea how verge is going about these deconfirmations. He does know that Sabi asks the source about specific characters or companies and the source says yes or no(or something along these lines).

That aside, I’d argue Jon absolutely knows who fighter five is, if not all of gamexplain.

That aside, gamexplain has been getting exclusive interviews at E3 with the likes of Bill Trinen and more.

That’s huge. That’s something you’d expect out of IGN, not some Nintendo news’s channel. They without a doubt get early access to things probably from Nintendo themselves, if not then some employee they know within the company. Jon very much likes to tease things and give their strong connection to Nintendo, if anyone is going to get info on fighter five, it’s gotta be them imo
Wouldn't that run contrary to that whole rumor that they were being very tight lipped about Fighter 5 (to the point that a source revealing it would be outed instantly).

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816

Iirc Gamexplain way back in the days of Sm4sh speculation were the first to reveal the Woolly World stage, not to mention they were repeatedly shooting down the Grinch leak leading up to November 1st, so you're right on the money I think.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Wouldn't that run contrary to that whole rumor that they were being very tight lipped about Fighter 5 (to the point that a source revealing it would be outed instantly).
If what papa genos is saying is accurate, the source seems to be less worried about leaking, more they don’t want too and they there’s just not a lot of people in the know in it. Or at least out of the source verge and Sabi seem to share/ any additional sources they have.

Plus in this scenario gamexplain is leaking without leaking. They can spread low key hype and anticipation in the smash fanbase by barely trying, which in turn makes sure people tune into the game awards regardless.
Like with

“predicting” every final fantasy coming to switch,

they are listing their “hopes and speculation” for who should get into smash.

When in reality this is probably a really smart way to reveal info without outright saying it and getting the community excited, this making the reveal when it happens a bigger event

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I just find the random-ass top 100 list bizarre.

It's not something they do.

Ever.

And we know Gamexplain has leaked **** in the past, from the FF games/Kirby's Epic Yarn on 3DS, to Jon saying Banjo, to them flat out denying the existence of the Grinch leak to the point they, at most, gave it 2 minutes of discussion while they were in unanimous agreement it was fake...

Yeah, they know ****.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
As much as I don't like Sabi, like

At all

If Sabi and Verg share a source, I trust Verg enough to trust his source, and if Verg is confident in his source, I have very little reason to doubt this source since they've built up their cred.

Them to pull a wet fish now of all times would be incredibly odd.
Eh, I was being mostly facetious there.

Admittedly I'm not too sure what to feel about the source since I do think their method of leaking odd as well, but at this point I'm just taking a step back and watching to see where everything goes.

Shroob

Sup?
Since when was Smash not fishy when it comes to picks?
No, I mean Gamexplain.

They're putting out a 2-part video of "Top 100 females we'd like to see in Smash"

Due to current events, some people think it may be because they know who the next character is, and it's probably female on top of that.

D

Deleted member

Due to current events, some people think it may be because they know who the next character is, and it's probably female on top of that.
That's all I needed to hear. And I'm just getting piped up at that last statement.

Shroob

Sup?
That's all I needed to hear. And I'm just getting piped up at that last statement.
No guarantee of course

But their action is VERY suspicious. They don't make content like this, and Jon from Gamexplain is hinting at a reveal at The Game Awards.

All signs are pointing to "Very likely a girl"

D

Deleted member

But their action is VERY suspicious. They don't make content like this, and Jon from Gamexplain is hinting at a reveal at The Game Awards.

All signs are pointing to "Very likely a girl"
Interesting to hear.

Shroob

Sup?
Welp

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/78218788?page=5#51

Reimu is dead

As are SO MANY OTHERS.

Vergeben says it is not(Include his other info with his, which he said later like no Bamco, Ubisoft, Nippon Ichi):

Capcom characters

Sega characters

Konami characters

Arc System Works characters

Spike Chunsoft characters

Marvelous characters

Epic Games characters

ZUN / Team Shanghai Alice's Touhou Project characters

Bethesda characters entirely

Koei Tecmo characters entirely

Activision characters

Blizzard characters

And below means these companies will NOT get another character/happen(No Spirit upgrades/assist upgrades, no Master Chief, no 2B, no Byleth, etc)

It possibly being another Microsoft character

It possibly being another Square Enix character

It being a Nintendo character

It being an Assist Trophy "promoted" to being playable

It being a Spirit "promoted" to being playable

EVERYONE IS HERE?

MORE LIKE EVERYONE IS ****ING DEAD

Last edited:

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
Welp

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/78218788?page=5#51

Reimu is dead

As are SO MANY OTHERS.

Vergeben says it is not:

Capcom characters

Sega characters

Konami characters

Marvelous characters

Epic Games characters

Activision characters

Blizzard characters

Huh, if that's to be believed, who in the world does that leave then?

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
Welp

Reimu is dead

As are SO MANY OTHERS.

Vergeben says it is not:

Capcom characters

Sega characters

Konami characters

Marvelous characters

Epic Games characters

Activision characters

Blizzard characters

EVERYONE IS HERE?

This is absurd to the point of comical.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Welp

Reimu is dead

As are SO MANY OTHERS.

Vergeben says it is not:

Capcom characters

Sega characters

Konami characters

Marvelous characters

Epic Games characters

Activision characters

Blizzard characters

EVERYONE IS HERE?

That only leaves a Sony character.

Or Goku, which would be ****ing hilarious, but Kratos is okay too.

NNN

Smash Cadet
A little thing just came into my mind: 2020 is gonna be the 20th anniversary of Mario Tennis for the N64, right?

What if... Nintendo is planning for 2020 to be the year of Waluigi?

What if... he is the 5th character of the fighter pass?

What if... 2020 is the year where he will have his own game, which would be announced in the Game Awards?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
A little thing just came into my mind: 2020 is gonna be the 20th anniversary of Mario Tennis for the N64, right?

What if... 2020 is the year where he will have his own game, which would be announced in the Game Awards?
Verge confirmed it's not a Nintendo character or a promoted spirit/assist

Shroob

Sup?
Man.

I knew it was Smash's 1 year anniversary but

I never realized Vergeben was Galeem all this time and started World of Light 2.

XorahnGaia

Smash Journeyman

Nintendo doesn't care about Waluigi that much, or any Mario character not created by the EAD team for that matter.
It's possible that he could get in Smash if AT promotion are an option, but I doubt he would be ever something more than spin-off roster fodder outside of Smash.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
This also kills the whole Reimu vs Arle debate since both ZUN/Touhouproject and Sega were killed.

Oofius Maximus.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Today marks the 1st year anniversary since Ultimate released.

Lets look at everyone we've gotten so far.

:ultinkling::ultdaisy::ultridley::ultchrom::ultdarksamus:
:ultsimon::ultrichter::ultkrool::ultisabelle::ultken:
:ultincineroar::ultpiranha::ultjoker::ulthero::ultbanjokazooie:
:ult_terry:

And were still getting more!

Indeed the Ultimate game. More then earns its title.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Good thing I'm not invested in speculating. Saves me a lot of headaches.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Welp

Reimu is dead

As are SO MANY OTHERS.

Vergeben says it is not(Include his other info with his, which he said later like no Bamco, Ubisoft, Nippon Ichi):

Capcom characters

Sega characters

Konami characters

Marvelous characters

Epic Games characters

Activision characters

Blizzard characters

And below means these companies will NOT get another character/happen(No Spirit upgrades/assist upgrades, no Master Chief, no 2B, no Byleth, etc)

EVERYONE IS HERE?

Didn't know that Thanos was ressurected in the next Avenger movie, or that the next Avenger movie was already in production.

No but for real, at this point, they might as well confirm who number.5 is. What's left at this point for speculation beside dust?

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
At this rate I wouldn't be surprised if we're getting Joker'd and the fifth fighter is slipping past the leakers.

And then Nintendo used the Game Awards as the only place to announce new fighters. Never ask them for anything ever again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom