• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Nobody in the Newcomer Speculation thread believed me when I said that fighter #5 would be a DVD copy of Shark Tale sitting in an office chair.

Y'all are about to be BTFO.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Like, Sabre is starting to make a lot of sense.

He also didn’t mention Level 5 so I’m surprised people haven’t brought up Layton or YoKai Watch. Either would be a good addition.

Shroob

Sup?
To play devils advocate, he can only give us what his source tells him. And he’s being very clear that his source is not cooperating.

Just looking at both sides of the coin.
Okay but how the **** does his source know what it's not but not know what it is.

If you never saw an elephant ever, and I asked you to draw an elephant, you you draw an accurate elephant?

D

Deleted member

Lowkey

I WANT Verg to be wrong.

Soo badly.

Even I find this ridiculous, and I love chaos.

You're telling me you can name me almost 20 companies that it isn't, yet you STILL DON'T KNOW WHO IT IS?!

Seriously.

Verg being wrong would be the greatest surprise of all.
I mean, chances are, he doesn't give a ****, and is just BSing us all for the lols.
Given his track record, he might know who #5 is, but we don't have proof he does.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
I just am going to remain INCREDIBLY skeptical of all this.

It doesn't make any logical sense how you can know with certainty what something isn't but you can't know what it is.

The only way is if they know the company trademark, which, you think they'd just say instead of this moronic game of guess who.
This. THIS.

Look, Verge has sources, no one is denying that. However, this guessing game lately is hecka sketch, and the companies he's narrowed it down to at this point are...longshots, TBH.

I'm still taking what he has to say into consideration, but I'm also entertaining the idea of leak bait right now. If all these deconfirmations are real though, only company I buy being on board ATM is maybe Valve or CD Projekt Red.

Last edited:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Like, Sabre is starting to make a lot of sense.

He also didn’t mention Level 5 so I’m surprised people haven’t brought up Layton or YoKai Watch. Either would be a good addition.
He mentioned Level 5, along with Bamco and Nippon-Ichi a few days back.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Okay but how the **** does his source know what it's not but not know what it is.

If you never saw an elephant ever, and I asked you to draw an elephant, you you draw an accurate elephant?
The way I understand. The source DOES know who it is. But won’t say who because he’s afraid of legal consequences. So all he’ll do is tell verge who it isn’t when he brings up certain companies.

D

Deleted member

Honestly, I don't care who Fighter 5 is. I'm still gonna have fun playing them.
Same here.
flashbacks to Terry reveal when I ******* about him being a nobody. I mean granted that's a half-truth, depends where you ask.

editing double post in

IT'S SLEUTHING TIME!
1575729741787.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Shroob

Sup?
The way I understand. The source DOES know who it is. But won’t say who because he’s afraid of legal consequences. So all he’ll do is tell verge who it isn’t when he brings up certain companies.
And all that's done is make it easier to guess who.

Literally shooting himself in the foot.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
He killed level 5 back with Bamco.
Ah. Forgot about that. Weird he killed Pokémon’s two biggest rivals at once.

So Sabre then. Or Borderlands. Or Portal. Or Kratos. Or Carmen Sandiego.

Real talk, if it was a Sony character it would explain why the source is being so uncooperative. That would be a huge development that would make sense to have this kind of code word secrecy. Plus, almost no one would believe it if he just came out and said it. Adding a Sony character just sounds like prime material for random 4chan leeks.

Shroob

Sup?

Real talk, if it was a Sony character it would explain why the source is being so uncooperative. That would be a huge development that would make sense to have this kind of code word secrecy. Plus, almost no one would believe it if he just came out and said it. Adding a Sony character just sounds like prime material for random 4chan leeks.
But that's the thing.

If it is Sony and the source didn't want to say it.

Congratulations, you eliminated all the competion, you made it so we had no choice but to guess Sony.

You're a certified dumbass, Mr.Source.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
VERGE SPOKEN ON WHO FIGHTER 5 IS

Verge himself fighter Number 5. Nintendo Ninjas stiffed him into the game, and he can't escape until someone wins 3VO using him as a solo main.

His frame data is atrocious.

D

Deleted member

The chances of me being pleased with FP5 are critical. No women, no buy.

Dear ****...

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

If I would want anything from sony it sure as hell wouldnt be Kratos.

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
Lowkey

I WANT Verg to be wrong.

Soo badly.

Even I find this ridiculous, and I love chaos.

You're telling me you can name me almost 20 companies that it isn't, yet you STILL DON'T KNOW WHO IT IS?!

Seriously.

Verg being wrong would be the greatest surprise of all.
Boy how I would love this to be the case.

D

Deleted member

I know Verg disconfirmed Konami already, but what if....

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

actualy there is one company that haven’t been disconfirmed that recently had a crossover with dxm this week

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Tbh, does Sony even have a face of the company nowadays? Like, it switches a lot, like, one could argue it could be Nathan Drake, one could argue it could be Joel and Ellie, it could be Ratchet and Clank, Kratos, and some people still believe it's CRASH even though Sony doesn't own him.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
TBH I'm pretty nonchalant about who FP5 is now, lol.

Assuming Verge is right, it's pretty much guaranteed to be someone I don't care for at this point, so eh, Nintendo can drop it whenever they want. I care more about post-pass ATM.

D

Deleted member

TBH I'm pretty nonchalant about who FP5 is now, lol.

Assuming Verge is right, it's pretty much guaranteed to be someone I don't care for at this point, so eh, Nintendo can drop it whenever they want. I care more about post-pass ATM.
I honestly checked-out of actually speculation A while ago, because at this point, if I get too worked up, any character would seem like "Obscure anime swordie that only has 2 fans" to me(I dunno why I keep on referencing the whole "******** about Terry" thing. eh whatevs)

Anyway, if you didn't catch my video ****post yesterday(or just didn't watch it) guess who #5 is :)
1575731014048.png

DANTE FROM THE BURNING ABYSS SERIES!

D

Deleted member

Seriously thou;

If I had to be honest, none of the newcomers for Ultimate have been on my most-wanted list; hell I think the only one I really cared about to an extent was Banjo(and pretty weakly at that)
That's not to say I don't like the newcomers, but if I have to be honest, if they were all cut out of the blue, I really wouldn't care at all.

That's saying a lot, considering I literally only have like...2? Actually possible characters on my "Most-Wanteds" list(no Frisk, give me Kris! and mettaton)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom