• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroob

Sup?
I'm done. You're not listening to me. You aren't even considering the perspective I bring because it's different. I'm dropping the topic. I guess Reimu is just the next thing in the long list of things I am not allowed to comment on.

YAM. As in Sweet Potatoes.
I'm listening to you.

I'm telling you your way of thinking is ridiculously close minded and warped.

You're putting the crowd of a few hundred people over the ENTIRE INTERNET.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
“Reimu can’t be revealed at TGAs because she’s a literally who in the West even though she has some available English games; therefor, she’s not going to be Fighter 5 despite Nintendo just doing what they want and not always making sense, and characters not being chosen so they can hype up an awards event.”

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
What if they don’t have a very special reveal? What if all that’s left is Billy Hatcher, and the game awards was the venue they were given? Should they decline?
Yes. If Billy Hatcher is what's left, then reveal him in a january/february direct. Or even a later December one. You need to set the proper stage for the proper fighter.
real talk, I'd probably main a yam in a heartbeat
Oh god, what have I done.

D

Deleted member

I'm done. You're not listening to me. You aren't even considering the perspective I bring because it's different. I'm dropping the topic. I guess Reimu is just the next thing in the long list of things I am not allowed to comment on.

"I don't want to change my viewpoint, everyone disagrees with me"
Snake, this is how you're acting right now. Are you even considering their points? Considering how fast you seem to be typing(going by the speed of your posts) it seems like you're dismissing any and all arguments against your viewpoint.

Noipoi

Howdy!
*black screen*

*smash logo appears* ‘slice DING fwoosh...’

TGA crowd before they even know who it is: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

guaranteed

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
game awards is not quite on the caliber of e3 like everyone believes it is

it's almost exclusively western

the awards show aspect of it probably makes very hard for non english peeps to follow along

there is no need for high caliber reveal there. A direct tier one would work just fine

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

game awards is not quite on the caliber of e3 like everyone belives it is

it's almost exclusively western

the awards show aspect of it probably makes very hard for non english peeps to follow along
Honestly, without the potential for a reveal at the game awards, I wouldn't be interested. at all.

Hell I didn't even know it existed(or rather didn't care at all) until Joker came out of nowhere and surprised us all.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I'm listening to you.

I'm telling you your way of thinking is ridiculously close minded and warped.

You're putting the crowd of a few hundred people over the ENTIRE INTERNET.
I'm just telling you how I think. If I was still isolated from the community, outside the bubble, and did not go out of my way to familiarize myself with weird random series, there are two ways I would react to Reimu. And It all depends on the hype in the room of the announcement. If I hear cheering, i vicariously experience that excitement and become excited myself. If I hear polite applause, nothing happens. I would be confused and as I looked into the details of the franchise and it's status I'd get frustrated. My past self is not the only person who reacts like this when presented with the unfamiliar. We are swayed by the emotions of the people around us that we can see and hear.

D

Deleted member

That's true, but I'm just hearing that he just isn't fun and encourages an annoying playstyle. What prompted me to say this is former big Banjo supporters are saying this on social media, and I almost never see this on other characters.

Unless I'm looking in the wrong place.
The thing is it's not like there's any Banjo community authority that has the definitive opinion on what people think of Banjo. Those guys got a character they wanted and he didn't play the way they liked and that sucks, but you'll find just as many people that say he plays exactly how they imagined he would.

Last edited by a moderator:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
OK. **** you. I'm not ignoring logic. I just have a different perspective on the gaming landscape. One that many would call casual. Exposure to smash and the characters that people bring up has broadened my horizons, but I always think back to how I used to think before that. Those are the kinds of gamers that will be in the game awards. Not hardcore fans of an obscure series that get's publicity for it's music (which I've listened to and isn't very good imo). It's not illogical. It's a different experience.

And need I remind you, my preferred outcomes have been explicitly deconfirmed. Why would I try to minimize something I "didn't like" if I can't even try to promote something I do like in the process? Like, where's the logic in that. We can't have no fighter 5.

A respectful clap is different from cheers, shouting, and audible excitement. It's not people shouting "woo hoo!" "yeah" "FINALLY!" "WHAT!?!". One is respect. The other is genuine excitement.

And I'm not saying that Reimu shouldn't ever be in Smash. I'm saying that they shouldn't reveal her at the game awards. The Game Awards is a very special event and needs a very special reveal for it. Reimu is best served by a general nintendo direct.
When the hell did you hear that type of cheering at the game awards?

They don’t flip out at reveals like it’s sports game or the Nintendo world store reactions. They keep it toned down, respectful and easy going

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master

You keep insisting that "casual gamers" are the ones at the Game Awards, literally how does that make sense? If they have a passive feeling towards gaming, then why in the **** would they pay the kind of money it would cost to be at a gaming award show? I think that is actually the biggest flaw in your entire argument, it literally doesn't make sense.

And you know what else? People flip the **** out when a new character gets announced for Mortal Kombat or Street Fighter or whatever, regardless of where the character is announced or whether it's an old character, guest character, or a completely new never before see character. You know what game series sells better and is bigger than those games? Smash. So yes, the crowd will go wild even if the character announced is a literal nobody because Smash is popular enough worldwide to warrant it.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
You keep insisting that "casual gamers" are the ones at the Game Awards, literally how does that make sense? If they have a passive feeling towards gaming, then why in the **** would they pay the kind of money it would cost to be at a gaming award show? I think that is actually the biggest flaw in your entire argument, it literally doesn't make sense.

And you know what else? People flip the **** out when a new character gets announced for Mortal Kombat or Street Fighter or whatever, regardless of where the character is announced or whether it's an old character, guest character, or a completely new never before see character. You know what game series sells better and is bigger than those games? Smash. So yes, the crowd will go wild even if the character announced is a literal nobody because Smash is popular enough worldwide to warrant it.
No it won't. That is a very arrogant thing to think.

D

Deleted member

I'm just telling you how I think. If I was still isolated from the community, outside the bubble, and did not go out of my way to familiarize myself with weird random series, there are two ways I would react to Reimu. And It all depends on the hype in the room of the announcement. If I hear cheering, i vicariously experience that excitement and become excited myself. If I hear polite applause, nothing happens. I would be confused and as I looked into the details of the franchise and it's status I'd get frustrated. My past self is not the only person who reacts like this when presented with the unfamiliar. We are swayed by the emotions of the people around us that we can see and hear.

Yeah, I could type up a essay about how many logical fallacies this argument uses, but I'm tired as ****, so I'll just list a few.
Ecological Fallacy(assuming I'm reading the wikipedia page right)
Hasty generalization (you're assuming everyone is "in the know" about any theoretical dlc character)

Maybe a slippery slope?(dunno for sure)

Anyway, my point is, you may need to re-think your worldview if us poking tiny holes in your view is enough to get you on the defensive.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shroob

Sup?
*Phoenix Wright voice*

tenor.gif

"I'm afraid I got you now, Snake. Because I have the evidence to disprove you once and for all."

1575692810890.png

"You claim that there needs to be huge cheering at The Game Awards to prove excitement?"
tenor (1).gif

"TAKE THAT!"

"Joker was revealed in front of the crowd you so covet, and all he got was moderate claps, no hollering or shouting!"

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I remember hearing it with Joker and CTR last year.

“Sorry Snake but that’s simply not possible:”
please take a listen to this. Now watch this:
Now are you really going to argue the game awards reaction was this huge flip out god tier reaction, when the Nintendo world one( made up of a smaller crowd) is a thousand times more energetic and loud like you suggested.

Reimu would be met with the same reactions from both crowds let’s be real here

Noipoi

Howdy!

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
*Phoenix Wright voice*

"I'm afraid I got you now, Snake. Because I have the evidence to disprove you once and for all."

"You claim that there needs to be huge cheering at The Game Awards to prove excitement?"

"TAKE THAT!"

"Joker was revealed in front of the crowd you so covet, and all he got was moderate claps, no hollering or shouting!"
The double turnabout, holy ****. This is one of the best smash birds anime moments hands down

D

Deleted member

No it won't. That is a very arrogant thing to think.
Snake, I feel the need to reiterate you don't seem to be actually considering everyone's arguments

And just a little question:
What would you expect from a VGA awards reveal, anyway?
Morbidly curious, because the way you're putting it, seems like you would want a giant fanfare of cheering, hollering, etc in a manner similar to a baseball game, for example.

Shroob

Sup?
The crowd went ab-so-lutely mild for Joker, despite being:

A previous game of the year contender

Persona 5 being ****ing HUGE

The first true DLC character

To expect this massive HYPE EXPLOSION at The Game Awards when Joker barely got an audible clap is ridiculous.

Noipoi

Howdy!

I should probably leave Smashboards for a while. No matter what happens at the game awards people will be mad at me after what I’ve done.

I regret the way I have said some of this stuff. It’s just really frustrating.
Don’t start that sad sack **** again. Own up to your mistakes and try not to repeat them.

Shroob

Sup?
Okay. Fine. I’m wrong. I’m stupid and short sighted and arrogant and all my opinions are garbage and I should just stay quiet when stuff like this happens.
No one cares that you're wrong.

It's you dig your heels in and won't consider other possibilities as logical.

You were so dead set on the game awards being this MASSIVE HYPE EXPLOSION, but now that you've been proven wrong, you're playing the "Woe is me" card.

Own up to it without pity, it's called humility.

D

Deleted member

Okay. Fine. I’m wrong. I’m stupid and short sighted and arrogant and all my opinions are garbage and I should just stay quiet when stuff like this happens.
hoo boy..... how should I put this without getting hit with the ban hammer?

I really hate to say this, but if us debating for a little bit is enough for this kinda mood, you seem to be..... pretty fragile, honestly.
We literally only argued about one major opinion, which spiraled into arguments about why you believed that opinion. ONE. We aren't saying we hate you or anything(and TBH you do bring that kinda "outspoken but has odd ideas that work out here and there" personality to the table that is this thread) just that you probably need to reflect a bit. possibly.

Anyway, I think now's a good enough time as any to end this, so.... see ya

Noipoi

Howdy!
Okay. Fine. I’m wrong.
yes
I’m stupid
No comment
short sighted and arrogant
A little
all my opinions are garbage
just a few of them
and I should just stay quiet when stuff like this happens.
You should learn when to accept that you’ve made a mistake, and to not get all indignant when someone corrects or questions your line of thinking.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
The crowd went ab-so-lutely mild for Joker, despite being:

A previous game of the year contender

Persona 5 being ****ing HUGE

The first true DLC character

To expect this massive HYPE EXPLOSION at The Game Awards when Joker barely got an audible clap is ridiculous.
Iirc, the live reaction was HUGE online, but at TGAs, not as much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom