• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So did we talk about the spooky Jon Cartwright tweet yet?
Yes, people have pointed out that it’s almost word for word(change direct to game awards) to his previous tweet he made hinting at the big august 8th smash direct just a few days before it announced. So many are taken it as a confirmation smash is indeed coming

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Jon said he was just joking.

He liked a tweet referencing Sabi.

Sabi was just speculating and said there’s still a chance; reminds me of when his “old” NoA source hinted at Banjo & Kazooie and he didn’t believe it even though he shared the hints on discord.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Yes, people have pointed out that it’s almost word for word(change direct to game awards) to his previous tweet he made hinting at the big august 8th smash direct just a few days before it announced. So many are taken it as a confirmation smash is indeed coming
God, we're just over 5 days away from Gaming..... Easter? If E3 is Gaming Christmas then what are The Game Awards?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Sega hasn't been counted out of DLC, has it?
Technically no. Verge or Sabi haven’t said no Sega for fighter five completely, but many people contribute Joker to being a Sega rep in the pass because Altlus is owned by Sega. So it depends on how you view it.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
This Touhou thing is reminding me of a crowdfunding project a long time ago of a Touhou Smash game (the campaign was terminated because Touhoui rights owners didn't want them asking for money).

I still own a copy of a prototype.

Shroob

Sup?
Like, I'm just all sorts of confused and ****ed up over this ****.

Verg's outright refusal to comment on Reimu is very suspicious, but it ultimately means nothing.

And yet, something just feels 'odd'.

Of course, Verg could pull a wildcard and drop "No Reimu" any moment but

The fact we're even HAVING this discussion makes me:

download.jpg

D

Deleted member

Every time you see it. Sometimes I'll like random posts just because I like the signature.
Not gonna lie, I really don't give a **** about peoples sigs unless it has info that interests me(for example, Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku 's sig having the AMA stuff)

And I only tend to like stuff if I agree with an argument there making, or just find a joke funny. That's about it, really.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
I wish you could like someone's signature. Every time you see it. Sometimes I'll like random posts just because I like the signature.
Just put in your sig that you like Wade's sig.

Shroob

Sup?
This Touhou thing is reminding me of a crowdfunding project a long time ago of a Touhou Smash game (the campaign was terminated because Touhoui rights owners didn't want them asking for money).

I still own a copy of a prototype.
That's a bit strange, considering ZUN is more than okay with people creating works of their own featuring his IP as long as he's credited and it's clearly stated to be a fan work.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
I just read the original Nagatoro doujin and, well, she's very mean. There were moments where it actually got uncomfortable, but there were still some cute little heartwarming moments.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Dude. You said you wanted Samus to sit on you and for Chun Li to crush you with her thighs.

Clearly you don't just mean wrestling.
I really wish I had Noi's Rosalina post bookmarked.

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
Like, I'm just all sorts of confused and ****ed up over this ****.

Verg's outright refusal to comment on Reimu is very suspicious, but it ultimately means nothing.

And yet, something just feels 'odd'.

Of course, Verg could pull a wildcard and drop "No Reimu" any moment but

The fact we're even HAVING this discussion makes me:

View attachment 250692
Do you think that Verg knows that Reimu is the 5th character and is keeping it secret? That's kinda what this behavior sounds like to me.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Do you think that Verg knows that Reimu is the 5th character and is keeping it secret. That's kinda what this behavior sounds like to me.
The first indie character in Smash is a japanese only series with very loose copyright protection.....

It's scary how much I believe it. God, and I thought Phoenix would be a bade GA reveal.

Shroob

Sup?
Do you think that Verg knows that Reimu is the 5th character and is keeping it secret? That's kinda what this behavior sounds like to me.
That's too obvious.

I stan Reimu but even I'm not convinced she's in.

No comment is even more suspicious than saying anything.

Of course, if it IS Reimu and he knows, then he really can't say anything at all one way or another since it'll look bad for him, but

I dunno, he could literally blow the whistle any second it feels.

It's not like Reimu doesn't have a HUGE fanbase over on Gamefaqs, so this is just

Odd.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
The first indie character in Smash is a japanese only series with very loose copyright protection.....

It's scary how much I believe it. God, and I thought Phoenix would be a bade GA reveal.
it's a new smash character for pete's sake, people will still go nuts

there's pretty much no such thing as a bad game awards reveal

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?

I've never understood why "Japanese only" is a bad thing.

And that's not even true.

Fire up Steam or the Switch E-Shop and search Touhou. Hell, the official fighting game is coming to the Switch after it comes to PSN.

D

Deleted member

it's a new smash character for pete's sake

I agree with that.

The Game Awards could give us Pauline of all people and everyone over there would still be hyped because it is more content in the end.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
it's a new smash character for pete's sake, people will still go nuts

You go on believing that. And I'll go on not believing that.
I've never understood why "Japanese only" is a bad thing.

And that's not even true.

Fire up Steam or the Switch E-Shop and search Touhou. Hell, the official fighting game is coming to the Switch after it comes to PSN.
It's bad because he really should be thinking globally with who he picks. I will admit that I forgot some of those titles released. But I was under the impression that the mainline series was Japan only and the creator didn't want them localized.

i swear if she doesn't have localized voice lines in smash i'm gonna scream

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom